Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guess what.. Effort doesn't mean a damn thing if it doesn't result in anything. Sure I love his effort. But he hasn't produce one iota for the Lakers.
In 2010-11 his Player Efficiency Rating was 7.2. I cannot tell you how amazingly bad that is for a guy who plays 20 minutes per game. Only player worse than Blake was Luke Walton. In 2011-12 his player efficiency rating shot up to 8.5. In comparison Fisher was an 8.0. Troy ******g Murphy was a 9.0. Even McBob posted a 10.9. In the 7 games he played this year, he had a 9.0 rating still amazingly bad. His savior is Morris and Duhon had worse PER. And one of them is on the job training. With multiple games of 5 or 6 minutes that typically result in lowered PER. No one said Morris is ready, fully developed. But he shows results on defense.
What is his experience exactly being in the league 10 years? Never being above average and he's in freefall decline.
We got plenty of experience. Our 5 best players each of which get 30 minutes per game at least have an average experience of 13.8 seasons. Kobe & Nash in their 17th. MWP 14th. Pau in his 12th. Dwight Howard is his 9th. Jamison is in his 15th year. Duhon 9th. Meeks & Hill 4th. We don't need 10 year guys. We need young guys.
Tell me where is he going to play? He's certainly not guarding PGs. So he's going to be playing SG like Morris. But because Morris can slow down quick guards, he's put on PGs. You telling me, we are putting Good Job, Good Effort Blake on PGs. Do we want defense, or do we want a **** show.
You do know you don't get better after 10 years in the league. You don't add new things, and become a player you're not. The players that can change are elite. Or are elite in one area, and can transform it into a different manifestation. What's Blake going to learn? P&R? He's not fast enough.
But what offense are we going to run. He can't distribute the basketball. So who is running the offense. If it is Nash then Blake has to be at the 2. If not Nash, it's Kobe, and we might as well just call it all iso because Steve Blake won't make a splash.
Kwame Brown is a professional basketball player.. Yet he never learned how to catch a basketball. So what truly is your point? He can theoretically say well I learned a lot from Nash. But he will never be able to change his game at this point. That's why people place young players with veterans because they can mold their game. No one ever says "Let's go get this 10 year vet because he can learn a lot from a 17 year vet." At 10 years, you don't become a new player. If you were not an all-star and only average at best like Blake was, you only decline.
So MDA likes him? What the hell difference does that make. I liked Josh McRoberts, but that doesn't mean I'm going to draw up plays for him. Or even play him for that matter.
We "hope" Blake can be money.. So why bother even taking the time on him. We've hoped 2 straight seasons. He wasn't confident when Mike Brown basically put him with as much minutes as Derek Fisher. And then made him starter. He played the same. Then lost his starting job.
Oh the coach likes you... Now you'll play better.. He's a veteran, that **** won't change. And it's not like Mike Brown treated him like Ebanks. He played him consistently and increased his role. And when he was demoted from the starting lineup... His role/minutes was still comparable.
He's just not a good player. Likeable guy. Great effort.. But he's not good.

Jesus man, I got it, Steve Blake isn't your guy. You are right on many points, including the efficiency level, I give you that, and maybe he is a bit too old to totally switch up his game. The difference between what you are saying and what i'm saying is, i'm looking at it from a practical stand point.

Sure it would be nice not to ever have Blake suit up and have Morris become the backup guy we all hope and dream he could be off the bench, but with D'anotoni's approval and love for Blake he is going to play, so lets ask our self why. He's a decent knock down shooter, with supposedly good basketball IQ, who hustles and is willing to pass the ball. I know you claim his passing is ineffective, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that.

Bottom line, from what we gathered from D'antoni when he came in here, he likes Steve Blake and is going to play him. I'm assuming he's going to play him at the backup point guard level to spell Nash at the mid way point in the first. Would you rather have Duhon or Morris play those minutes? Me personally, No. I'd take Blake over both of them. Most likely that is what's going to happen, so we can ***** all we want about him being horrible, but I think we are stuck with him and to me personally he's not that bad. He's a serviceable backup, although numbers according to you don't agree. I'm more on the thought process he's playing lets try to look at his bright side and hopes he does well, if not put in Duhon or Morris.

That's at least my opinion on one Steven Hanson Blake

How can you miss a guy that basically cried over being traded for an entire season and wouldn't play ball, because of the city he was playing in? Dude is pathetic.
:lol:

Silly question bro, i miss him because he played a key role on 3 championship runs and gave us serious depth at the 4/5 spots kind like a big man swiss army knife.

Yeah hes somewhat of a headcase but half the league is so its not a big deal to me, im not gonna let the last crazy year overshadow his time in L.A..

Dont worry once the knicks string together a few deep playoff runs you'll get attached to some of the players too, however flawed that player might have been :tongue:

Can't believe we're on page 427 and still debating the "talent" of Steven Blake.

Don't want him, Don't need him.

Essential I think we all know you don't either by now... :lol: :smh:

I was looking at a bunch of gifs and at least from the Blazers game. Lakers look like they are clicking as teammates.

tumblr_mft9ocCsg11rk0uv7o2_400.gif

tumblr_mfuhw9lV6j1rk0uv7o9_250.gif

tumblr_mfuohvB4sO1rk0uv7o2_250.gif

tumblr_mft5s3hrFE1rk0uv7o3_250.gif

tumblr_mftdzgUAJR1rk0uv7o4_r1_250.gif

They look like they are having fun out there. If they play this loose, they will be tough to beat. Yeah they'll have their games where it looks bad. Every team does, but for the most part the game against the Blazers was a good sign not because it was a blowout, but because they played with some cohesion. Only thing is they have to play like that every game. They can't be tight, and act like every game is the end of the world if they lose.

Last edited:
Jamison got squeezed by Kobe moving to the 3. And that causing Metta to play minutes at the 4.
Hill fits the rotation better than Jamison. So once Pau came back. Jamison was behind 3 guys at PF.
I'm sure there's a handful of minutes in the rotation, but it's probably sub 10. Which isn't going to help anyone, so they just increase everyone else. And keep Jamison at 0.

so why did they move kobe to the 3, when both the 2 and 3 positions are basically interchangeable.. one is on the left the other is on the right.. which means nash, kobe and another guard/forward, most likely a smaller player. and since meeks, duhon, blake or morris is not asgood as a starter, why not keep kobe at the 2, metta at the 3, with jamison as his back up, and have pau/dwight/hill as inside players. dont make sense to me..

they need to let go of some guards, either morris, duhon or blake, because none of them has a career avg. of 19.2 ppg like jamison

It's to stagger the minutes so that MWP can be a source of perimeter offense while Nash and Kobe rest, while also stretching the floor for the big(s) that are in the game.

Last edited:
Mike Bresnahan: Lakers' Jamison apologizes for complainig about playing time, says he's "disappointed" he "expressed my frustration the way I did."

Won't ask for a trade. Doesn't want a trade. He wants to be part of a winning organization.

Classy.

I was looking at a bunch of gifs and at least from the Blazers game. Lakers look like they are clicking as teammates.

They look like they are having fun out there. If they play this loose, they will be tough to beat. Yeah they'll have their games where it looks bad. Every team does, but for the most part the game against the Blazers was a good sign not because it was a blowout, but because they played with some cohesion. Only thing is they have to play like that every game. They can't be tight, and act like every game is the end of the world if they lose.

Winning cures all. Remember that.

Dudes giving each other dap is an indicator of team chemistry?

It's them having fun. Which is what they need.

Of course winning cures all.. But look at games we lost or completely fell apart. They are tense from tipoff to final buzzer.

Last edited:
Oh by the way, I'm going to be Asst. Coach of a Jr. High team that I student teach at.

I'ma try to implement 7 Seconds or Less.. If not Trades will happen :lol:

Props and Chants > Defense?

Ok bro.

Back
Top Bottom