Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, and I yell at all of them. Including Laker fans. :lol:
Also, Pau is battling injuries guys, I'm not happy with him either, but not all his fault, he's like Bynum when he would play at %50. Some nights he has it, some nights he don't.

has he been battling injuries the last 3 years? Why did he play in the olympics? I don't buy it.

Essential, just cause a team is doing crappy doesn't mean they'll take every deal that makes them a fraction better :lol:

It's not even that they are crappy. It's more so what they are doing with those 2 specific players. Ariza especially. Seraphin as well who is getting more burn, but they have not signaled once that they want him long term.

Even then if they don't want to part with Seraphin. Replace him with Webster and Singleton.

Last edited:
Essential, just being real who is going to take Djo, Clark, and ebanks when together all 3 have played a total of like 15 minutes this season? What could a team possibly see in them? I'm not trolling, I really want to see what you see that gives these players any sense of value.

Well yeah, the Wizards are known for compounding their mistakes with more mistakes so I guess anything is possible. :lol:

But are the Raptors really going to trade away Lowry considering they gave up a lottery pick for him? Even if it's to dump Barganani, that's sketchy.

Bunch of clowns running the organization. Hiring Mike D'antoni was the most futile move, ever.

Essential, just being real who is going to take Djo, Clark, and ebanks when together all 3 have played a total of like 15 minutes this season? What could a team possibly see in them? I'm not trolling, I really want to see what you see that gives these players any sense of value.

They are contract/ roster spot fillers.. Not saying they have any value what so ever. DJO does. Not much, but he does. Even though it's a pointless area, but his play in the DLeague (I'm prefacing it as pointless, but for some reason teams take stock in it)

Each team is at 14 or 15 roster spots. So you have to include guys who make less money to even it out.

I never put much value in those guys. All it is, is balancing out roster spots/ $$$.

As for the Wizards they would be paying Ariza $7+ mil this year and next. Bargs is $10 for 3. Bargs has major flaw. But if that's the biggest piece you give up for Bargs that's not a bad deal.

Also Bargs contract year is the year Wall is a RFA. At 29 and expiring with a rare offensive skillset. They could probably unload him for more cap space, or a couple of role players as they try to get another Max to pair with Wall, Beal & Nene. A one year gamble on a 29 year old stretch 4, isn't unheard of.

Last edited:
I know, and I yell at all of them. Including Laker fans. :lol:
Also, Pau is battling injuries guys, I'm not happy with him either, but not all his fault, he's like Bynum when he would play at %50. Some nights he has it, some nights he don't.

the hell is he doing playing then? nah quit making attempts to give him some sort of way out... truth is, coaching staff wouldn't let him be out there if he wasn't well enough.
Its alright to say he flat out sucks right now, no1 will disagree with you trust me.

Bunch of clowns running the organization. Hiring Mike D'antoni was the most futile move, ever.

Jerry Buss is a clown for putting his son in charge. The whole family is a joke these days except for Jeanie.

They had that ex cowboys cheerleader as a scout for the last 5 years or something. Now she is doing stuff for the Defenders. Now that bartender is the head scout. :x

Gasol only plays good in the Olympics. His heart and soul is on the floor during that time but in the NBA that's non existent. Dude has so much skill but i think he can no longer ride a 82 game season as a focal offensive player. Time to give up on him

Pau does in fact have a balky knee, and DID sit a month, did he not?

He also has plantar fasciatis (sp) to deal with, but he's playing at least.

I have no problem if we move him, he was worthless tonight, however I can't get too irate when he's at least trying to play thru it, rather that sit longer.

Man I thought it was frustrating not being able to watch all of the Laker games while overseas, but I think I'll be more frustrated watching them lose these games. Although I still prefer to watch them win or lose.

Off topic but picked up some fashion jersey earlier today. Gonna rock it tomorrow at the beach. Cost was equivalent to $40, I'm pretty sure it's way less Stateside.

Pau isn't being utilized to his potential in D'Antoni's offense, and I'd honestly hate to see him go, but business is business and you put no one else above the team. Kobe's an exception, because, well, let's face it, he IS the team. 

Also, I'd be curious to see this lineup:

PG S. Nash

SG K. Bryant

SF M. World Peace // A. Jamison

PF D. Howard

C   P. Gasol

Last edited:
Told y'all.
This L will be the beginning of the end of this season.
30 days ago they said this team would figure it out.
Whats gonna happen in the next 30?
They have a tough schedule and I really dont see them having a winning January.

Vs Nuggets L
@Rockets L
@Spurs L
Vs Thunder L
Vs Cavaliers W if Irving doesnt go off on em
Vs Bucks L
Vs Heat for sure L
@Raptors W in a close one by 1-3 pts
@Bulls L
@Grizzlies L
Vs Jazz W (only cuz law of averages should give em a W by now)
Vs Thunder L (too bad gotta lose in front of the home crowd to the same team within a month)
Vs Hornets W
Vs Suns W

19-26 by February 1st and playoff picture pretty much closed.
No doom and gloom here. Just straight up analization.
Quote me.

Pau isn't being utilized to his potential in D'Antoni's offense, and I'd honestly hate to see him go, but business is business and you put no one else above the team. Kobe's an exception, because, well, let's face it, he IS the team. 

Also, I'd be curious to see this lineup:
PG S. Nash
SG K. Bryant
SF M. World Peace // A. Jamison
PF D. Howard
C   P. Gasol

you're right about him not being utilized in the offense, but the first shot of the game that gasol took, was a 3.. really? sure he might make a couple, but that is not his game and he is not a great shooter.. why put yourself in that position? that's just stupid in my opinion.

Pau has proven once again that he has lost it. It's time to get rid of him. NOW.

He was getting beat on the baseline all night. How do you get beat on the baseline? That's your invisible help defense. :smh:

Doesn't D'Antonio want him out there to "space the floor" though (makes no sense for D'Antonio to ask a back to the basket player to shoot 3s)? If he is not going to score, he needs to initiate the offense with Nash. I think he has put up some 10,8,5 games - I guess that is what we will have expect. I was a supporter of him until now, but whether he is hurt or doesn't fit into offense, something has to change.

LMAO people on this forum saying that it isnt about Dantoni's Offensive scheme and the Lakers just need to play with more energy...
Dont you think they are spending to much energy offensively, running the ball fast after every make and taking quick shots? They are resting on Defense. If the lakers get a bunch of young new talent their defensive will still look terrible. I sat up and watch dantoni make the Knicks suck, know its the Lakers turn. Phil jackson was a firm beliver of offensive flow and getting the team to play together as a unit, and got pissed when kobe jacked up fade away 25 footers because it messed up the offensive flow off the game. The scheme the lakers are playing is great for Kobe and Nash but bad for Pau and Howard. The Lakers would be better off running Stan Van Gundys offense from orlando.

If you think what I type is B.S revisit this post on Feb 1st and let me know if your opinion changed

LMAO people on this forum saying that it isnt about Dantoni's Offensive scheme and the Lakers just need to play with more energy...
Dont you think they are spending to much energy offensively, running the ball fast after every make and taking quick shots? They are resting on Defense. If the lakers get a bunch of young new talent their defensive will still look terrible. I sat up and watch dantoni make the Knicks suck, know its the Lakers turn. Phil jackson was a firm beliver of offensive flow and getting the team to play together as a unit, and got pissed when kobe jacked up fade away 25 footers because it messed up the offensive flow off the game. The scheme the lakers are playing is great for Kobe and Nash but bad for Pau and Howard. The Lakers would be better off running Stan Van Gundys offense from orlando.
If you think what I type is B.S revisit this post on Feb 1st and let me know if your opinion changed

what are you talking about? almost everyone in this thread said that dantoni wasnt a good fit for the lakers, because the players that are on the roster dont fit his style of play.. but since we didnt get phil, there is no point to keep complaining about it, and all we can do is hope for the best..

besides, if kobe plays the way he did last night and the rest of his team doesnt show up to play, then he should take those shots

Here's the thing about the Lakers system an uptempo offense that does not want to have post ups so what's the point of having Pau Gasol if he can't post up in the game!?!?....

I don't even care if Pau plays terrible on offense. That's not my problem. We'll still score 100 nightly whether Pau gets 20, or 2. But his defense is what does it.

Howard's defense isn't phenomenal this year by any stretch. But it is still very good. If Dwight is guarding somebody or they get within 5 feet of the basket he alters the shot.

Pau just gets beat off the dribble. He doesn't box out. He is terrible at rebounding despite getting 8 or 9 a game. If he was solid at it, he'd be at 12 rebounds a night. But instead he tries to finese rebound which ends up giving the team a few extra possessions.

His defense kills us. And makes his offense worse. If Pau was playing solid defense, we'd be much better at what we are trying to do on both sides of the ball. Instead of being down consistently.

Injuries or not, this is year 3 of it. It's kind of hard to listen to someone whine about not getting the ball in the paint or the post when he avoids it like the plague. And Pau can score 15 a night, is that going to change anything on defense? Absolutely not.

We can say all we want about turnovers or lack of moves besides a left handed jump hook, but Dwight consistently will shoot 55% or better average. Gasol is 42%. We might as well just get Howard the ball more in the post and a Nash P&R. Even if Howard in the post is to kick it back out, and swing it, it still gives him more of a role on offense. Because Pau sure as hell won't do it, even if he cries that that is what he wants.

At this point all the worry about Pau's feelings definitely makes Dwight worse (who was 20-15 when we went to him slightly more, and played solid defense). Kobe plays better when he only has one guy he needs to try and force feed instead of 2. Nash will be Nash either way.

I was always on the we can't trade Pau unless we get a Superstar in return. Just because that is smart business. But it's not anymore. I'd take 1-2 role players and a borderline starter that are all solid defensively and younger.

-Meeks has hit a shooting slump. And his drives are comical at this point. But he goes all out regardless of how he plays. He doesn't complain, he doesn't cry. He just goes out a plays his heart out whether he is shooting 100% or 0% for the night
-Hill is my guy. I could see the Lakers keeping him way past his contract. Dude is going out in 15 mpg and giving you 6 & 6 consistently. Dude has heart and he fights.

It all comes down to this: Can we win with this Pau Gasol? The answer is no. Can Pau play to his level a few year ago? I think he could, but it won't happen for this team. Way too many variables.

Last edited:
Pau needs to be traded, I've changed my mind.

Not because he lost it, not because he's soft but because D'Antoni has no clue how to utilize him or his talent. No clue. Pau has plenty of game left but its just not working with Dwight taking up all that space and D'Antoni running the offense. It's painful to see where Pau is placed and used on the court, utter disrespect.

Back
Top Bottom