Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was listening to some LA radio (for one of first times ever)

Everyone is going nuts, although I was surprised just how many Laker fans believe Dwight is not re-signing.

Is it just the NT Laker fans who think he's staying if this continues?

So he's going to go to Houston.... Is that your prediction.

Hey guys it could be worse, I mean after all I'mma Sixers fan :rolleyes
At least Dwight has played for yall while Bynum was trying to create different hairstyles from the bench in the same damn suits all the time :smh:

Hey guys it could be worse, I mean after all I'mma Sixers fan :rolleyes
At least Dwight has played for yall while Bynum was trying to create different hairstyles from the bench in the same damn suits all the time :smh:

Thats what im tryna say.

Lifes not ending.

Yeah it sucks, we're all passionate about this team. But people are acting like they are going to jump off a bridge and its not that serious.

Just relax guys, I know this sucks trust me...we're the laughing stock of the NBA.

But things cant be perfect forever.

Let people laugh, we've laughed at other teams before. Just walk away from it and think about other stuff for the night.

I predicted before the season, that if the Laker didn't at least make the Finals or WCF, he'd seriously consider signing somewhere else.

This is a complete different situation, the Lakers may not make the playoffs. This is so much more intense than I ever thought.

I can't predict where yet, plenty of season left. I think re-signing Howard tho is the most important thing for the Lakers, it's more important than making the playoffs.

Kobe's legacy will take a big hit if they don't make the play-offs.  I know he's playing well and shooting a great %.  I know they have injuries.  But the reality will be they didn't make the play-offs. 
mean.gif

I predicted before the season, that if the Laker didn't at least make the Finals or WCF, he'd seriously consider signing somewhere else.

This is a complete different situation, the Lakers may not make the playoffs. This is so much more intense than I ever thought.

I can't predict where yet, plenty of season left. I think re-signing Howard tho is the most important thing for the Lakers, it's more important than making the playoffs.

You've been pretty adamant about him leaving.. Or the possibility of it.

Pick a team.

Or stop coming in here clamoring about something that is not even remotely financially favorable, and at best a push in terms of basketball favorability to him.

Last edited:
Pick a team.
Or stop coming in here clamoring about something that is not even remotely financially favorable, and at best a push in terms of basketball favorability to him.

Oh I def think he's leaving if this continues, I just don't know what team. I can't call a team. After LeBron left and went to the Heat (who no one predicted) anything is possible.

I know you're adamant about him staying tho, you've stated plenty of times that you're 100% positive he stays in LA. I just can't be 100% as you are with a prediction.

All it is, is good sports talk.

Coupe is a clown, don't let him rile you guys up.

Chill bruh, I'm one of the most objective dudes in any thread when it comes to basketball. Essential and I have had our differences but we have agreed plenty of times on basketball.

Don't make it sound like I'm some dude who hates the Lakers or is a clown like Quik. I think it's great when the Lakers are a good team, its great for basketball and it's fans.

Last edited:
Pick a team.

Oh I def think he's leaving if this continues, I just don't know what team. I can't call a team. After LeBron left and went to the Heat (who no one predicted) anything is possible.

I know you're adamant about him staying tho, you've stated plenty of times that you're 100% positive he stays in LA. I just can't be 100% as you are with a prediction.

All it is, is good sports talk.

OK let's delve into it.

There's 3 choices.

1. Dallas - I'm sure he wants to play for an owner who will break up a championship team to save a few million when he's a billionaire. And tank a season for no reason at all. Also with an even older superstar, and with no PG going there with him. Which was the reason Dallas was ever mentioned because it would be him Deron & Dirk. CP3 isn't leaving the Clippers.. So there isn't a superstar PG going there with him.

2. Atlanta - Hometown team. But never draws a full crowd, is an absolute graveyard in Free Agency. And if he wanted to play in ATL, he would have made it known last year, and probably could have ended up there. But showed no interest of playing there... Even with his childhood friend.

3. Houston - Nice up and coming team. But they will neither have the space, nor the talent to compete with the top teams of the East, let alone the West for a couple years. And even then may be longer than that.. Fun, exciting young team.. But nothing more...

Or he can stay in LA... Where he makes $30mil extra in salary. Conservative estimate of $10 mil extra a year in endorsements than he would in any other city, with the exception of NY. For a team that will go out and spend money to win every year, doesn't rebuild.. And after next year will have enough cap room for Dwight to basically suggest players he wants to play with.

1 & 2. Lakers better situation easily.. 3 is at best a push, then put the financial implication on and off the court if he left, ends it.

Last edited:
The Rockets would be really intriguing. Morey has laid down the foundation for Dwight to sign.

But I would think the Lakers would be the favorites.

OK let's delve into it.
There's 3 choices.
1. Dallas - I'm sure he wants to play for an owner who will break up a championship team to save a few million when he's a billionaire. And tank a season for no reason at all. Also with an even older superstar, and with no PG going there with him.
2. Atlanta - Hometown team. But never draws a full crowd, is an absolute graveyard in Free Agency. And if he wanted to play in ATL, he would have made it known last year, and probably could have ended up there.
3. Houston - Nice up and coming team. But they will neither have the space, nor the talent to compete with the top teams of the East, let alone the West for a couple years. And even then may be longer than that.. Fun, exciting young team.. But nothing more...
Or he can stay in LA... Where he makes $30mil extra in salary. Conservative estimate of $10 mil extra a year in endorsements than he would in any other city, with the exception of NY. For a team that will go out and spend money to win every year, doesn't rebuild.. And after next year will have enough cap room for Dwight to basically suggest players he wants to play with.

You listed pro's and con's for each team, but you didn't list the cons for signing with the Lakers. Your not being fair Essential. I'd add Brooklyn to that list (even if it is financially difficult Brooklyn would do anything possible to dump/trade players to acquire Dwight). Believe me I don't want him in NY but its possible, especially in this Lebron-Superteam era.

Your under estimating Houston as well, they've rebuild quite nicely and they have many complementary parts that can play with Dwight. The amount of players who can hit the three ball and drive & dish would make Dwight's game flourish.

I'd agree with Dallas tho, they have no shot. Too old.

Last edited:
OK let's delve into it.
There's 3 choices.
1. Dallas - I'm sure he wants to play for an owner who will break up a championship team to save a few million when he's a billionaire. And tank a season for no reason at all. Also with an even older superstar, and with no PG going there with him.
2. Atlanta - Hometown team. But never draws a full crowd, is an absolute graveyard in Free Agency. And if he wanted to play in ATL, he would have made it known last year, and probably could have ended up there.

You listed pro's and con's for each team, but you didn't list the cons for signing with the Lakers. Your not being fair Essential. I'd add Brooklyn to that list (even if it is financially difficult Brooklyn would do anything possible to dump/trade players to acquire Dwight). Believe me I don't want him in NY but its possible, especially in this Lebron-Superteam era. Your under estimating Houston as well, they've rebuild quite nicely and they have many complementary parts that can play with Dwight.

I'd agree with Dallas tho, they have no shot. Too old.

Brooklyn couldn't if they wanted too. JJ and DWill is $39.8 mil. They would have to salary dump every single player for nothing in return. Including Gerald Wallace. Even Wallace who makes $10.1mil next year. Just JJ, DWill & GWallace is $49.8 and would make it impossible to sign Dwight because unless he decides he wants to give up $5mil a year on top of the $30 mil, it's not going to happen. Also that's only with 3 players before even signing Dwight.

Knicks even less of a chance... Melo & Amar'e is $44mil. No one is taking Camby at $4.3mil. That's $48.3mil. I think you could unload Chandler.. BUT you would end up taking salaries back.

I was being fair to Houston.. AT BEST it is a push in terms of basketball reasons... With a one sided financial hammer that LA drops on Houston. Houston doesn't offer a better chance at a title, and although we can act like money doesn't matter, but it does here.

Last edited:
I have to admit that I hated the Lakers before Shaq left. Kobe is the only reason I looked
at the team. After 7-8 years of supporting the Lake Show, this is the worst I've felt. As a grown
man, I cried (no homo) when they got swept by Dallas. Not even that is worse than this
right now. :x :smh: :rolleyes

I just hope we make the Playoffs. The last time we didn't, we didn't have Steve F****** Nash, Pau Gasol,
Ron Ron and Dwight Howard. This is beyond embarrassing.

I have to admit that I hated the Lakers before Shaq left. Kobe is the only reason I looked
at the team. After 7-8 years of supporting the Lake Show, this is the worst I've felt. As a grown
man, I cried (no homo) when they got swept by Dallas. Not even that is worse than this
right now. :x :smh: :rolleyes
I just hope we make the Playoffs. The last time we didn't, we didn't have Steve F****** Nash, Pau Gasol,
Ron Ron and Dwight Howard. This is beyond embarrassing.

You got to give credit to other teams. The league got better and more competitive after 2010 and we're just an old @% team that has no chemistry or defense.

Brooklyn couldn't if they wanted too. JJ and DWill is $39.8 mil. They would have to salary dump every single player for nothing in return. Including Gerald Wallace. Even Wallace who makes $10.1mil next year. Just JJ, DWill & GWallace is $49.8 and would make it impossible to sign Dwight because unless he decides he wants to give up $5mil a year on top of the $30 mil, it's not going to happen. Also that's only with 3 players before even signing Dwight.
Knicks even less of a chance... Melo & Amar'e is $44mil. No one is taking Camby at $4.3mil. That's $48.3mil. I think you could unload Chandler.. BUT you would end up taking salaries back.
I was being fair to Houston.. AT BEST it is a push in terms of basketball reasons... With a one sided financial hammer that LA drops on Houston. Houston doesn't offer a better chance at a title, and although we can act like money doesn't matter, but it does here.

No, the Knicks don't have a shot. Where'd you get that from? I didn't say that. I said I don't want Dwight in Brooklyn, competing with New York but its possible he can still end up in BK.

Your wrong about Brooklyn as well. They'd have to get rid of Lopez and Humphries to sign Dwight, they wouldn't have to get rid of Crash, JJ, or Deron Williams. Do you remember after the Joe Johnson trade and Dwight said the only team he would re-sign with if traded would be Brooklyn? - the Nets were in the final stages of trading for Dwight Howard. They were offering Lopez, Hump, Brooks, and two first-round draft picks, the Magic decided against it in the final min. The Nets didn't back out.

Everyone was asking how the Nets could afford this since the deal was so close (here in NY) and nation-wide and what was explained was that the Nets would have been over the salary cap and would be paying a record-number of luxury taxes to the NBA (the owners) but Mikel Prok is such a nut and multi-billionaire he wouldn't care. Thats how that "Brooklyn" deal would have worked.

Like I told you in the NBA thread, D-Will, JJ and Crash make $50 million alone. Unless Dwight signs for peanuts, the Nets would not be able to sign him.

Like I told you in the NBA thread, D-Will, JJ and Crash make $50 million alone. Unless Dwight signs for peanuts, the Nets would not be able to sign him.

I know what you said, but you obviously didn't read what I said above or rebuttal. Dwight's going to sign with the team he wants, if that team is Brooklyn, the Nets and Mikel would do anything they can to do so. Prok is crazy man. You can't rule it out.

Actually, I can. Unless Dwight signs for the mini-MLE, Brooklyn isn't happening anytime soon.

Actually, I can. Unless Dwight signs for the mini-MLE, Brooklyn isn't happening anytime soon.

Alright man :lol: rule em out.

I say he goes (or stays) where he wants, by any means necessary, any team can make it happen if they're on his short-list.

His clownass should sign with Harlem....the Globetrotters. That way he can dunk, not get coached, giggle on the court , and always win

Back
Top Bottom