Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Players generally don't pass on an extra $25 million (or whatever the difference is), especially ones that just had back surgery and are in their prime. But I suppose there are always exceptions. Like? ...

On to the next game...

Some key points i would like to see against SA

1.) A slower tempo from Nash. Guys like meeks and jamison cant just fire up threes b/c they are open.

2.) More drive/cuts to the basket and more post play from Jamison. We need some other guys to get some easy buckets and FT attempts off of Nash's passing.

3.) More P&R with Nash with Rob, Kobe, and MWP for some easy buckets and mismatch opportunities.

4.) a 2-3 or match up zone to force SA into some contested jumpers. Its like a layup drill when teams play us. It'll make the rotations a little easier And nash, kobe, metta actually play passing lanes pretty well.

4.) the guards gotta hit the boards on defense. None of that turning around and sprinting the other way when the opposing team shoots a shot, id rather them do that on offense to prevent those three on none fastbreaks...

Says who, you are Dwight?
Money can't buy happiness, and it's pretty obvious D12 ain't happy, and he's injured too. He wants to win a ring, ain't happening this year, so what's left? Just sign because of that money? Please son. It's all about that ring, and if Dwight feels like he cant win one NOW, he's not gonna resign, if it was about the money or being a long life Laker he would of straight up committed already.
What is he waiting for? Think about it, it's pretty obvious.
After Kobe retires next year, what's left? Pau and Metta will both be gone. Nash is still there though. Who else can you center around Dwight that'll make him stay? It'll be Orlando all over again, a couple of good guys, below average role players and inept coach, but he's got that extra 30 million though right, a ring isn't important at all.

Yeah cause the Lakers NEVER surround their franchise players with quality players. :rolleyes

You really expect them to surround Dwight with bums after Kobe leaves ? With that cap room

LOL

Players generally don't pass on an extra $25 million (or whatever the difference is), especially ones that just had back surgery and are in their prime. But I suppose there are always exceptions. Like? ...

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Different NBA now.

Last edited:
Chris Webber: "Lakers are 29th in Fast Break, and they're playing fast."

Mind = Blown

Slow the God Damn Game up MA (notice I left out the initial) and the defense will improve. It won't become top 5, but it will become better.
My thoughts exactly. Antoni needs to be an actual coach and tweak himself to the Lakers roster. 

Phil never had to because he had a system that actually WON.

The Lakers need to control pace to control their defense. Running with younger and more athletic teams will wear them down on defense.

If Nash and Kobe were both back in 2006 this could work.

But it's not 2006.

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh.

Different NBA now.
They did not pass up on that much money. They all got near max deals that did not add up to a loss of more than even 10 mil. Especially Wade.

EDIT

*Looks at last few pages* Oh so this where Coupelt been since the Knicks haven't been losing :lol: Getting on Lakers fans nerves. Damn seems when yall get the garbage coach you get the rest of the bad **** that comes with it.

Last edited:
They did not pass up on that much money. They all got near max deals that did not add up to a loss of more than even 10 mil. Especially Wade.
EDIT
*Looks at last few pages* Oh so this where Coupelt been since the Knicks haven't been losing :lol: Getting on Lakers fans nerves. Damn seems when yall get the garbage coach you get the rest of the bad **** that comes with it.

They passed up on $15 Million each and one less year.

Since the Knicks have been losing? :lol: We lost yesterday to the Celtics, big deal. I'm not sweating in the sheets, Come on man. This Laker story is just top-notch sports talk. I'm in NBA fan first cuzzo, this is intriguing stuff. Not hating on anyone, keeping it 100.

EDIT

They passed up on $15 Million each and one less year.

Since the Knicks have been losing? :lol: We lost yesterday to the Celtics, big deal. I'm not sweating in the sheets, Come on man. This Laker story is just top-notch sports talk. I'm in NBA fan first cuzzo, this is intriguing stuff. Not hating on anyone, keeping it 100.
Chill your presence in the Knicks thread from this season to the past two have been drastically different :lol: I'm glad you found a new spot to rustle jimmies but w/e you say man, enjoy the sports talk.

Last edited:
You got to give credit to other teams. The league got better and more competitive after 2010 and we're just an old @% team that has no chemistry or defense.

you got a point. STILL, they shouldn't be losing to below average teams with no superstars. :smh:

i dont know why people even WANT Howard to re-sign. Lakers should flip him...

healthy bynum>>>>>healthy howard

guess my head is "fcked up" too b/c i've felt like this for the longest and still do. @ this point i'd take injured bynum over howard, no BS.

dudes a joke...

Lebron and Bosh did get the sixth year in their deals, but yeah they left like $15 million on the table. A rather unique situation though. :lol:

Lebron and Bosh did get the sixth year in their deals, but yeah they left like $15 million on the table. A rather unique situation though. :lol:

They also got options after year 4 where they could completely get out and get a newer, bigger contract if they wanted. Not saying they will leave, but they can up for more money quicker than a full 6 year deal at less overall value.

Also, they were all healthy with those deals, the main point you made last page, Dwight will be coming off a back surgery, something that could be held against him, his leverage could be lessened, and he won't be coming in as a package deal with anyone, like Bron/Bosh did.

Dwight is not leaving 25 mil on the table and chances are, Mitch could start selling off pieces real soon to show him that there will be tremendous cap space in the near future to bring in youth around Dwight. I'm lookin at you Pau. :lol:

Says who, you are Dwight?
Money can't buy happiness, and it's pretty obvious D12 ain't happy, and he's injured too. He wants to win a ring, ain't happening this year, so what's left? Just sign because of that money? Please son. It's all about that ring, and if Dwight feels like he cant win one NOW, he's not gonna resign, if it was about the money or being a long life Laker he would of straight up committed already.
What is he waiting for? Think about it, it's pretty obvious.
After Kobe retires next year, what's left? Pau and Metta will both be gone. Nash is still there though. Who else can you center around Dwight that'll make him stay? It'll be Orlando all over again, a couple of good guys, below average role players and inept coach, but he's got that extra 30 million though right, a ring isn't important at all.

Did you just compare the L.A Lakers to the Orlando Magic. You are talking about Arguably the best basketball franchise In NBA history. If Dwight signs there, they have one more year of mediocrity and then full cap space Other than him. If you don't think free agents are going to be willing to come to a Major Market city, Who is known for developing LEGENDS, and a franchise that has been committed to building championship caliber teams every five years your crazy.

BK has no Hope at all of making that happen for the last time. Btwn three players (Who BTW as the core right now are playing 500 ball) they are damn near capped out. NOBODY is taking on Joe Johnsons contract, You trade D-Will you then have Dwight and no superstar.

Their isnt one plausible reason to see him in BK

^
roll.gif
. Not sure if serious. If serious.... You don't watch much basketball.
I dont know man, last years Bynum was a beast. Guaranteed two points when you threw the ball to him in the post. Dwight has NO offensive game.

Dwight is awesome, dont get me wrong but as a number 1 option, face of the team type player - no way.  Hes a great number 2 or 3 guy on the team - just come in play defense.

[quote name="PowerBallin"]Kobe's legacy will take a big hit if they don't make the play-offs. I know he's playing well and shooting a great %. I know they have injuries. But the reality will be they didn't make the play-offs.  :smh:
[/quote]Correct. Well, he's shooting a decent percentage but I get your point. Bottom line is that we have only missed the playoffs 4 or 5 times in our entire existence, and if we miss them this year, that will be the second time we've missed playoffs and Kobe was our main guy. First time was Kobe and some scrubs, this time would be Kobe and 2 or 3 HOFers. (Pau is withering, and Nash/D12 are new; Kobe is 'the man').

But Ska, its Kobe, 3 injured HOFs, and a bunch of scrubs.

I mean, this team would probably need a 4th quarter comeback to beat those old YOLO Kobe teams. :x

Maybe I'm trippin cuz its early, but damn.

Back
Top Bottom