Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who's fault is that?

We all knew the Lakers had a **** for an excuse of a bench. But, in the NBA you'd be lucky to have 2-3 guys from your bench that can produce. Earl Clark, Meeks and Jamison can all put up points coming off the bench. Your bench isn't as bad as you'd like to believe.

Who said I was calling these guys prophets? I'm just stating what they're saying on air. The discussion wasn't if anything they say is true or not. The point is that they're making excuses! Reading is comprehension, my friend.

And the whole thing about losing game. Give me a ******g break, dude. This is the NBA and everyone is a professional. If you're going to lose, you better lose by a close margin. If your team is losing by double digits every night, that team doesn't deserve to be in the NBA. You act like losing close games is some sort of consolation prize :lol:

That's the difference between a good team and a bad team--The good teams win those close games. Right now, the Lakers aren't even close to being a good team.

the bench is bad, we have a 7-9 max man rotation while a lot teams have more. that comes through in the playoffs. you are obviously not watching the games and just watching highlights while these scripted analysis stuff is being pumped out. you make it seem like prophet by stating what they 'say' as actual respected opinions. we all know what happened when they predicted heat would smash mavericks. you probably thought so as well. and probably they only reason they are making excuses because they don't want to look like idiots if the lakers make a huge turn around. i know it's the NBA and i know there is a difference between losing by a lot and a little. look at the bobcats and bullets. i know the lakers aren't doing that great. that's why you're in here if the lakers were winning you would be in lurk mode.

When do I ever come in here and talk smack about the Lakers? Ask any of your regulars about me and they'll tell you that I'm not like some of these NT'ers who come into team threads and troll. I actually talk basketball and tell it like I see it. I live in NYC, so, obviously I'm not going to get to watch all of LA's games. I do watch them when they're on national TV, which is a lot.

FYI, I actually thought that Heat vs Mavs series would be competitive. Dirk was on another level that year and he was hungry for the a championship. He was playing for his legacy at that point.

Don't you ever dare paint me into a picture filled with ignorance about basketball without knowing who am I first. I don't say off the wall **** and I will always call it like I see it. I give respect where respect's due and right now, the Lakers don't deserve any of it. You and I both know that. I think you got the wrong idea that I came into this thread to troll or talk ****. Go back through this season thread and then come back with what you know about me.

Funny this is, I actually want LA to do well. It suits for a better league. I've said that numerous. If that makes you feel any better :lol:

Last edited:
Those Detroit commentators were such homers.
Its was disgusting.
On the sequence of the MWP skirmish, Pau was clearly hacked on the right arm and they were calling flop. Smh.
Well, Lakers escaped today. Couldnt capitilize on free throws to put even these bums away.
They cant afford that luxury with the Nets.
They are on the road. Im sure their legs are gone now.

Nets 96
Lakers 88
Final

Freeze: thanks for that last post, man. :smokin Love hearing stories of folks at games. :D

The cheering/jersey thing ticks me off, too. :smh: Been to a bunch of college games like that.

I'm starting to feel you on that 'Dwight is a chump' steez.

no prob bro, I'm glad you liked my recap. I go to tons of games, I travel and go to games at other stadiums as well, I love experiencing the energy from the different fans, I can always provide my thoughts and whatnot to all that want to hear and live vicariously through them, sharing is caring.

Dude Dwight is such a chump. I mean literally 4-5 years I've been trying to see him. And what's crazy is, I believe this is the 1st time I've ever actually even seen him in the stadium, yesterday was the 1st time I've ever even seen him on the bench. He's always 'hurt' or 'stomach virus' or some other bs smh. I don't mean to be callous, but being a Kobe fan, you can't help but get spoiled to a guy that will literally play through anything if he can. The sympathy for these other guys is short when you have a guy playing with bad knees, messed up ankles, torn ligs in wrists, broken fingers, bruised hips, broken noses, all at the same damb time loll.

The thing I love about Earl Clark the most is that he's not only good, but consistent. I mean, it's easy for a new guy to come in and go hard. Beginners luck...everybody remembers Sessions hitting HUUUUUGE 3's for us in his first 3-4 games....and then completely die for all the rest. But this dude Earl has just been chipping away, hitting jumpers, grabbing boards, tossing assists here and there, and just being energetic. Dude brings me joy when he's on the court because I know he's gonna put forth effort and that's all I ask. I hope we keep him. I don't know the terms of his contract, but I hope he's ours for a while. This summer I want him to get big and stronger and also work on his ballhandling...his hands are atrocious lmaoo. Dude can be like a mini lebron I think. I just hope he stays away from the groupies and Yes-men that'll gas him up and mess up his mental fortitude as they always do. Right now, dude is a gem, which is crazy since he was literally just thrown in in that trade so the #'s would fit, and he turns out being a beast. Wild if you think about how many other dudes in the L that can actually ball that just never get a chance to show their skills besides garbage time.

And yea, the disloyalty amongst the fandom is wack. Bandwagons are lame. Lakers are like fam at this point, I grew up with them. I couldn't not cheer for them if I tried. Like I watch tons of games per week, go to games, whatever, whatever...but the only team I'm emotionally attached to is the Lakeshow. I like like other teams sure, bulls, raptors, etc, but ultimately, I could careless if they ever actually win anything. In fact, during the season I hope they do well, but in my heart, I hope they NEVER WIN chips, since it would come at the cost of the Lakers losing. #FamilyFirst

Last edited:
Freeze: thanks for that last post, man. :smokin Love hearing stories of folks at games. :D

The cheering/jersey thing ticks me off, too. :smh: Been to a bunch of college games like that.

And yea, the disloyalty amongst the fandom is wack. Bandwagons are lame. Lakers are like fam at this point, I grew up with them. I couldn't not cheer for them if I tried. Like I watch tons of games per week, go to games, whatever, whatever...but the only team I'm emotionally attached to is the Lakeshow. I like like other teams sure, bulls, raptors, etc, but ultimately, I could careless if they ever actually win anything. In fact, during the season I hope they do well, but in my heart, I hope they NEVER WIN chips, since it would come at the cost of the Lakers losing. #FamilyFirst

I was courtside, it was a good game. didnt get excited til it was close. the amount of laker fans in there was RIDICULOUS. lol. I've hated the pissedons forever, so it was great as a Laker fan to see the hatred. The think that bothered me was the level of flip flopping. When the Laker was dominating, Everybody in that ***** was a laker fan....soon as the pistons started coming back..you hear more and more cheers for them..by the time the game was tied..i swear everybody turned their laker jersey inside out and on the other side was a piston tanktop lol smh. wild corny yo. Level of intensity of Kobe up close is crazy yo. Dude has like an aura. it's wild. No smiles, no clowning, if he scores, you get the mean face from him lol. oh and he's big as ****. hahaha dude is huge in real life. Same with Metta. These dudes are larger than life yo.

**** Dwight for not playing. I've tried to see D12 play for like 4-5 years now smh, whenever he was supposed to play, 'something' happened smh. I'm straight on him now. he's a chump.

Earl Clark is my dude. I'm not even tripping on him missing those 2 frees, that's a new moment for him....I'm more mad at Steve.

Glad we got the win tho.

Coolie was kinda raw too lol...surprised he didnt do Gangstas Paradise tho smh. Son's hair tho.....o_0

Can't bold that part and underline it enough, really wish Dwight would pick this up from him. Cause it's apparent he didn't pick up anything from Hakeem in post play....

Last edited:
Earl Clark earns spot and, potentially, a lot of money

That free agent in the Lakers' frontcourt stands to make a lot of money this summer.

Sure, Dwight Howard will get paid too, but Earl Clark has gone from a career washout to a gradual climber up the NBA's free-agent list in July.

"Obviously, not playing earlier and averaging those [low] numbers, I didn't know where I would end up," Clark said. "Playing good now and with other teams wanting you, you can pick your own destiny. It feels good to be in the driver's seat."

He's quick to add that his first choice is the Lakers, who can sign the unrestricted free agent even though they are already well over the salary cap next season.

"This is my first team that gave me an opportunity. I love the guys here," Clark said. "The organization and the style of play fits me. I really want to stay here."

Clark, 25, has been the feel-good story in an otherwise grim Lakers season.

He continues to progress in his fourth pro season, his first with the Lakers after arriving as an afterthought in the Howard trade last August. He ended his 13th career start with 17 points and 10 rebounds Sunday as the Lakers beat the Detroit Pistons, 98-97.

Red-flag alert: He still makes mistakes on both sides of the court and hasn't shown any consistency in his career beyond the last four weeks.

In fact, there's a back story with that alley-oop dunk he scored off Kobe Bryant's inbounds lob from the sideline with 0.4 of a second left in the second quarter.

"Earl forgot the play," Bryant said, smiling. "It was the perfect fake-out. It was like convenient amnesia and then he takes off and we got it going."

Clark later stumbled in one of the few late-game pressure situations he has experienced. He missed two free throws with 16.8 seconds left and the Lakers up by one. He got lucky. And he wasn't alone. Steve Nash proceeded to miss two free throws with 2.7 seconds left.

Detroit couldn't capitalize either time.

"I'm glad it's a regular-season game," said Clark, a career 68% free-throw shooter this season. "Next time, we've just got to go to the line with confidence and knock them down."

In a league where the average salary is $5.3 million, Clark makes a relatively low $1.2 million in the final year of his contract.

He was drafted 14th overall by Phoenix in 2009, traded to Orlando a year later and averaged a quiet 3.8 points with the Lakers until Coach Mike D'Antoni made him a starter last month. Since then, Clark is averaging 10.9 points and 8.5 rebounds.

His athleticism can't be mentioned enough on a team severely lacking it.

After a steal under the basket against Detroit, Clark tiptoed to stay inbounds with the ball, then fired it to Metta World Peace, who kicked it up to Bryant, who found Pau Gasol for an easy dunk.

On another play, Clark snared a long rebound off World Peace's missed three-point attempt and immediately put up a successful high-arc 14-footer.
Link

can someone please explain why boston would even consider taking back that crap the clips are offering? :lol:

Bro he's got a torn labrum. He needs surgery that would end his season.. Yet he's trying to play through it.. When he tweaks it, he has to sit, or risk being forced to missed the rest of the season.

I don't know how people can say he's a chump when dude came back way to early after that back injury and that's still not 100% now he has to deal with a shoulder injury. I understand dudes are frustrated and want to blame people but these are big injuries dude is dealing with. You can critique his FT shooting and post moves but I can't get on him for sitting out games when he's obviously injured.

I don't know how people can say he's a chump when dude came back way to early after that back injury and that's still not 100% now he has to deal with a shoulder injury. I understand dudes are frustrated and want to blame people but these are big injuries dude is dealing with. You can critique his FT shooting and post moves but I can't get on him for sitting out games when he's obviously injured.

Wouldnt it be smarter and sit out till you're healthy? In the long run all he is doing is hurt us even more.. you cant play hurt in this league..

Last edited:

Wouldnt it be smarter and eit ou5 till you're healthy? In the long run all he is doing is hurt us even more.. you cant play hurt in this league..
Kobe LOL'd.

Simply put, if Dwight sits out games, the Lakers won't make the playoffs.

Stephen A Smith trying to start some **** with Dwight, and Kobe just saw a little of the interview.

I hate Stephen A Smith...

Bro he's got a torn labrum. He needs surgery that would end his season.. Yet he's trying to play through it.. When he tweaks it, he has to sit, or risk being forced to missed the rest of the season.
No matter how you view someone, there are obviously examples that go against whatever you're saying. You say I'm habitually late? I'll show you a few examples of times I was prompt. Does that mean that OVERALL you're wrong? Nope. (this is actually a real example; I'm not on time for shhhhh *shrugs*)

Overall, Dwight is a chump. Creates locker room drama (already tried it, and I love how Kobe handled it), has to have HIS coach (which also happens to NOT be whoever the coach is at the time), has games where he pulls like 3 boards (which should never, EVER happen), gets stripped consistently, has an extremely limited offensive skillset considering how long he has been in the league.

The reason him and Bynum are 1 and 2 is because the field is so thin, NOT because they are so great. CP3, Deron, Rondo... those guys being at the top of anyone's PG list is an accomplishment because there's a lot of talent at the 1 right now. Dwight being at the top of nearly everyone's list is like... "Enh, who else is there? Ok, Dwight's #1."

I know, I know, someone's going to post some monster 20/15 game he had, maybe even a 35+/15 game.

Still a chump OVERALL.

Thoughts on everyone who wanted to trade Gasol? Do you know still see hope in him?

well we cant now that dwight is a question mark for this season

lol @ 8 man rotation against the pistons. normally i would be mad but we desperate :lol:

Last edited:
Wouldnt it be smarter and sit out till you're healthy? In the long run all he is doing is hurt us even more.. you cant play hurt in this league..

Id keep him out til the playoffs maybe..Or at least til after the ASG.

Let Gasol do his thing down low so he can stop whining.

Im ready for Feb 10 tho..

Mark it down fellas. We need this one. Hell, we need em all but I really wanna get this one.

Thoughts on everyone who wanted to trade Gasol? Do you know still see hope in him?
NNNNOOOOOPPPEEE!!!

He's playing for something, a spot back on the SLU.

If it takes an Olympics or fighting for a starting spot for a MILLIONAIRE ATHLETE to bring it EVERY GAME, *waves goodbye*

I'm more done with him than I am Dwight. Since the '11 Mavs series, Gasol has been a shell of his former self, w/ flashes of... unsuckiness (like right now)... that only make it slightly harder to watch him go.

No, I'm not on the level of doneness that I was w/ KWAMAY BROWN, but I'm done w/ him.

Hope he keeps playing well so we can get some good pieces, though.
happy.gif

If... errr, when... he goes to another team, we'll see who he really is.

milk carton: Lamar Odom

Exactly.

Damn Ska, what happened to your Ned Flanders days of happiness and positivity? :lol:

I never seen you go so hard on so many players.

(I didn't say I disagree, I agree with a lot of the points but it's just funny to see you going HAM on everyone) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom