Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Called it! Exactly what I thought he was doing.

Don't know if I want to be glad about that and hope that Kobe continues to play like that, not just this season but on into the next... or be upset about the point he's proving to Dwight, meaning that he'll return in due time, whether D12 stays or not.

best case scenario: Kobe Johnson stays, Dwight stays

2nd best: Kobe Johnson stays, Dwight bails

3rd best: Kobe Johnson retires, Dwight stays

4th best: Kobe Johnson & Dwight both bail

Part of me hopes that D12 will see all the history of LAL with this latest unfortunate Buss passing and realize where he is. And then another part of me realizes that is Twitter pic is him in the foreground of retired Mikan, KAJ, & Shaq jerseys... and he still don't get it. :\

People always say he "Doesn't understand what it means to be a Laker". Weak excuse. Dwight gets it, believe me, he understands the Lakers tradition, he understands the expectations.

Thats just it exactly tho, he can't handle that type of pressure. He's an emotional wreck, always has been.

I wonder what happens to the Lakers management now :rolleyes

They better not let Jim Buss run this team down. :smh:

I wonder what happens to the Lakers management now :rolleyes

They better not let Jim Buss run this team down. :smh:

Tell me how he has run this team down...

On the player side he certainly hasn't

CP3 for Pau and Lamar (both guys who fall apart right afterwards. He gets screwed with a veto)
Sessions for Luke Walton
Hill for Derek Fisher
Nash for Picks
Dwight for Bynum

He made the wrong coaching hire.. Yes. But let's not act like he isn't like his father, and all he wants to do is win.

I thought Ellis could play a westbrook type of roll, Hes getting a decent amount of assist for sharing the ball with jennings. with his scoring it frees up kobe and dwight.

I dont know I dont know what im talking about anyways

Not sure if srs. 
laugh.gif

monta ellis aint running no point
laugh.gif
This. 
roll.gif
@ Monta being our point guard.

C'mon man...seriously?
mean.gif
sick.gif
With a side of this. 
roll.gif

I thought Ellis could play a westbrook type of roll, Hes getting a decent amount of assist for sharing the ball with jennings. with his scoring it frees up kobe and dwight.

I dont know I dont know what im talking about anyways

Westbrook is a different type of player.. He can pass if he wants... He can also score from anywhere, despite a poor shot selection..

Monta isn't a good passer.. And he just has poor shot selection.

Had this been a year ago, and we had only DFish then maybe. But Ellis would kill this team

CP3 for Pau and Lamar (both guys who fall apart right afterwards. He gets screwed with a veto)
Sessions for Luke Walton
Hill for Derek Fisher
Nash for Picks
Dwight for Bynum

He made the wrong coaching hire.. Yes. But let's not act like he isn't like his father, and all he wants to do is win.

I didn't say he doesn't want to win, but with the recent coaching hires, he's starting to dig a hole.

Last edited:

Sessions for Luke Walton
Hill for Derek Fisher
Nash for Picks
Dwight for Bynum

I didn't say he doesn't want to win, but with the recent coaching hires, he's starting to dig a hole.

He picked the guy who fit Steve's way of play.. One of the biggest complaints people had about Mike Brown was he was making Steve Nash useless. So he got a coach who fits Steve Nash.. Hindsight wasn't the right guy.

@DwightHoward I want to share my condolences with the Buss Family as well as my teammates and the Laker family. I had the privilege to meet Dr. Buss when I joined the team. He was an extraordinary man who has left an impact on the sports world. His legacy will never be forgotten. Rest in peace Dr. Buss.

Last edited:
On ESPN LA Radio, they're saying that they would trade Dwight Howard for someone who for sure wants to be here and is a beast. Kevin Love. 

On ESPN LA Radio, they're saying that they would trade Dwight Howard for someone who for sure wants to be here and is a beast. Kevin Love. 

That's the exact way to go instead of waiting for Kevin Love to sign in 2015 or 2016. Need a third team tho, that Dwight would want to play and resign for, and Minnesota would get assets for. That's the tricky part.

That's the exact way to go instead of waiting for Kevin Love to sign in 2015 or 2016. Need a third team tho, that Dwight would want to play and resign for, and Minnesota would get assets for. That's the tricky part.
would Love play well with Pau?

Yep, they said a 3rd team would have to be involved as well. A Dallas or a Brooklyn type team. 

I'd rather trade Dwight then watch him walk away for nothing this summer.

only problem with that is taking on long contracts, you'd prefer to get 1 star and a bunch of picks/expiring contracts/rookie deals.

RIP TO THE GREATEST OWNER IN NBA HISTORY.

Yep, they said a 3rd team would have to be involved as well. A Dallas or a Brooklyn type team. 

Brooklyn would offer the best package because they have Brook Lopez and some young guns, but I don't know if Minnesota would want that in return.

Rck2 - I personally believe Love and Gasol would do great together. Love doesn't hog the paint like Dwight does and Pau would play his natural position down low. Love would spread the floor since he's a great shooter plus he gets just as many rebounds a game as Dwight would. The Lakers would be better right now, and going into next season. No doubt

Do it Mitch! Srs!

Pau and Love would work beautifully together!

Can you imagine the spot ups Love would get with Kobe and Nash dishing to him.

Pau could go back to his natural position at center, and all those jump shots Pau was taking that he sucked at would go to 3 point shoot out champion Kevin Love.

It would be nice...

Last edited:
Still wouldn't...

Lakers are in a much better position with Howard... 2nd Best is if they just let him go for nothing...

The Wolves are not trading Kevin Love... Especially when they have 2 years to get from him before they need to make a decision.

And once again..... No proof he's not staying... We're talking about body language... Not the words... Not the words.. We're talking bout body language

Last edited:
RIP to the greatest owner in sports. Dr. Buss, thank you for being a winner. I hope this will motivate the team to play better and play for Jerry.

What's this twitter madness about Bill Simmons?

Still wouldn't...

Lakers are in a much better position with Howard... 2nd Best is if they just let him go for nothing...

The Wolves are not trading Kevin Love... Especially when they have 2 years to get from him before they need to make a decision.

And once again..... No proof he's not staying... We're talking about body language... Not the words... Not the words.. We're talking bout body language

Sometimes, body language speaks more than just words.

If anything, his lack of words shows his passive aggressive nature. We can't have that childishness on a team with championship aspirations and Kobe Bryant.

Still wouldn't...

I mean i'm looking at Howard has played this year, just like we don't know if he's staying or not, we don't know if his back will get better or not, I mean he still claims he can't feel his legs sometimes or they go numb.

It Minnesota seems like its going to lose Kevin Love one way or another, whether they wait the two years or not, why won't they get something for him. Lopez would seem like a person who wouldn't mind the small market of Minnesota.

Love loves LA, played at UCLA would love being back there. I mean you can hold out for the potential that Dwight brings, but this trade would seem like it works out for everyone

Last edited:
Without sitting down to look at it, just off the cuff, yeah I would move Dwight for Love to pair with Pau, Kobe and Nash. Then build around Love in 2 years.

I'll look at it harder tomorrow at work (all my stuff is there).

When teams call to talk trade, they say, the Lakers' private message has been consistent with the public one: Howard isn't available, general manager Mitch Kupchak tells them. When suggestions surfaced over the weekend that the Lakers had engaged in trade talks, Kupchak delivered word directly to Howard that he should pay it no mind

Straight from Woj...

Just pack it up fellas..

They are not trading him...

And with that how does that trade work out for the Lakers 16 months from now... When we build around Kevin Love..

Last edited:
Straight from Woj...

Just pack it up fellas..

They are not trading him...

And with that how does that trade work out for the Lakers 16 months from now... When we build around Kevin Love..

lol would it be possible to have nash kobe love pau howard next year?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom