Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
More like Lebron!!!
laugh.gif

Straight from Woj...

Just pack it up fellas..

They are not trading him...

And with that how does that trade work out for the Lakers 16 months from now... When we build around Kevin Love..

You know whats laughable is building around this Dwight Howard, that's laughable.

From the looks of it he wants to be the main player on a team, with no expectations, no pressure, and an easy road to the championship...

What he is is a player with no offensive game, a serious back injury, a person who can't handle criticism, and shy's away from pressure...

I hope and pray that he proves me wrong, but absolutely nothing i've seen from him this year has showed me otherwise. From the constant *****ing about getting touches, to his horrible free throw shooting, to his crocodile tears he gets when the media attacks him, to his "relationship" with Kobe, nothing has showed me he's someone to build around.

All I ask his he proves me wrong, there will be nobody happier than me if he does, however right now i'd like to ship his *** out for Love or Noah or Hortford someone who I know what i'm getting from

Last edited:
^^

Repped, i cant front in the off season i was gassed up and drinking the D12 kool aid but after watching him an entire season he isnt franchise material.

You know whats laughable is building around this Dwight Howard, that's laughable.

From the looks of it he wants to be the main player on a team, with no expectations, no pressure, and an easy road to the championship...

What he is is a player with no offensive game, a serious back injury, a person who can't handle criticism, and shy's away from pressure...

I hope and pray that he proves me wrong, but absolutely nothing i've seen from him this year has showed me otherwise. From the constant *****ing about getting touches, to his horrible free throw shooting, to his crocodile tears he gets when the media attacks him, to his "relationship" with Kobe, nothing has showed me he's someone to build around.

All I ask his he proves me wrong, there will be nobody happier than me if he does, however right now i'd like to ship his *** out for Love or Noah or Hortford someone who I know what i'm getting from
Nothing but this. 
smokin.gif

Straight from Woj...

Just pack it up fellas..

And with that how does that trade work out for the Lakers 16 months from now... When we build around Kevin Love..

Tell me how many times Kevin Love has made the playoffs.... And whether or not that teams record has improved since he's joined....

What guy has dragged a team to the Finals.. 3 Time Defensive Player of the Year in a row.. That isn't 10 years ago. You're 2 years removed from the third one. He finished 3rd last year.

And sure a back injury, let's not escape the fact that Love isn't healthy every year..

Or that Love told his team to win now or trade me.. But that's fine right...

Love is a tremendous talent.. Top 3 or 4 PF when healthy But to say you can build a better team starting with him is not true from a basketball standpoint..... One player has a proven track record of anchoring one side of the ball..

And spare me with him not handling criticism well.. If you were in that situation, if I were in that situation, anyone on this board in that situation... We'd be in the corner weeping.

Last edited:
Straight from Woj...

Just pack it up fellas..

Tell me how many times Kevin Love has made the playoffs.... And whether or not that teams record has improved since he's joined....

What guy has dragged a team to the Finals.. 3 Time Defensive Player of the Year in a row.. That isn't 10 years ago. You're 2 years removed from the third one. He finished 3rd last year.

And sure a back injury, let's not escape the fact that Love isn't healthy every year..

Love is a tremendous talent.. But to say you can build a better team starting with him is not true from a basketball standpoint..

And spare me with him not handling criticism well.. If you were in that situation, if I were in that situation, anyone on this board in that situation... We'd be in the corner weeping.

Why would it matter from a "basketball standpoint?"

What matters is what we see right in front of us, and that's Dwight Howard being a little ***** all season and showing that he is nothing more than an athletic 2nd option on a championship team.

What matters is what we see right in front of us, and that's Dwight Howard being a little ***** all season and showing that he is nothing more than an athletic 2nd option on a championship team.

We are playing basketball.. That seems like a "basketball standpoint" would matter...

And Kevin Love is a first option?

Kevin Love has never acted like a *****... Telling his team to trade him if they don't make the playoffs? Hold the two constant.

MDA's system doesn't just require a 4 who can shoot.. It requires an athletic 4.

Kevin Love... Dwight Howard... Those are guys you pair together... And place a wing player who can score.

Defense wins championships... And honestly if you throw a Nash - Kobe - Kevin Love - Pau Gasol roster out there... That team is not going to give you better results..

Last edited:

We are playing basketball.. That seems like a "basketball standpoint" would matter...

And Kevin Love is a first option?

Kevin Love has never acted like a *****... Telling his team to trade him if they don't make the playoffs? Hold the two constant.

That's not really acting like a *****. More like, "I'm serious about winning, so stop ******g me around and let's make this happen."

Dwight Howard, on the other hand, likes to take nights off because he isn't getting the ball enough on the offensive end. He likes to take passive aggressive jabs at Kobe and when confronted, acts like he doesn't know what's going on.

Dwight Howard is the guy who talks about playing team ball, sticking together, and working on team chemistry, yet destroys it every time he opens his mouth.

Relax man, if Dwight is staying thru the deadline don't sweat the rumors.

Come summer tho, he better re-sign. Or you're gonna be miserable. :lol:

If this was any other team, Dwight would have been traded by now. But it's not. I read a great quote today from a GM:

"They're too arrogant to move him now, even if Dwight asked for it," one rival GM said. "They're the Lakers, and they'll dare you to walk away in July. And if I was them, I would, too."

Will the Laker prestigious arrogance make Dwight feel pressured to sign? Will Mitch's arrogance set the Lakers back if Dwight leaves? Is arrogance standing in the way of clarity? Will Essential be forever loved by this Laker community, or forever loathed after July 1st?

All these questions to be answered within the next couple months in the blockbuster sequel "Dwightmare II"

Seriously man, I've never seen such a big soap opera in my life, You can't make this stuff up.

What guy has dragged a team to the Finals.. 3 Time Defensive Player of the Year in a row..

Love is a tremendous talent.. But to say you can build a better team starting with him is not true from a basketball standpoint..

In 2008 and 2009 Kevin Love's best teammate was Al Jefferson, after that he's had the likes of Beasley, Darko, Martell Webster, Anthony Randolph, to help him. This year they have a decent team and everyone gets hit with the injury bug. Also Kevin Love plays in the Western Conference, not like that cake walk Eastern Conference, put a healthy Timberwolves team in the eastern conference and they easily make the playoffs. And lets not forget up until a few weeks ago this team was ahead of the Lakers, with the great Dwight Howard...so his playoff record doesn't mean much to me at this point.

It is great Dwight "dragged" his team to the playoffs and championship, he had a good team with him lets act like he did it alone. That is amazing he is a 3-time defensive player of the year, all are great accolades. Tell me now, has he been anything close to that here? Has he been able to "drag" this team to the playoffs? Where is his amazing defensive prowess? Don't give me rebound numbers because Kevin Love can rebound with the best of them...

No Love isn't healthy this year, that is true, but he isn't coming back form a serious injury where his limbs tend to go numb either...

At this point Love looks to be as good a building stone for a franchise as Dwight, would I take Prime Dwight over Love, SURE! Where is he though? Will he ever be back to that Prime Dwight?

And for the criticism give me a ******g break, Pau Gasol got traded and brought back to the team and has been dealing with trade rumors for 2 years now, and we all say he's a ***** and he needs to get his big boy pants on and what not, yet when given the shot and the right system he's flourished and not hurt the Lakers team chemistry. Look at Fisher, media was telling the Lakers he's the worst starting PG in the league, yet he kept playing and playing for the team, never bought into the media, never went on a tirade or needed to be reassured by his coach or teammates. How bout Bynum, I mean he's crazy shooting 3's arguing with coaches, yet it never seemed to affect his play.

You can keep defending Dwight and I don't mind that, but to not even consider trading him is absurd especially the way he's playing

Coup :lol:

You guys think it's going to ruin my life if he leaves...

It won't... He leaves, he leaves... That's been my position for months.

At the end of the day... Your team is at a much better place with a healthy Dwight than a healthy Noah, a healthy Horford, a healthy Love.. And with the exception of Love, which is closer than a mile.. It is true by a mile..

Even this year... You bring any of those guys (Love is out for a month) Lakers are still in the same position.

You can say how Pau & Love would be a great offensive duo... Granted... But you place both of them, who are below average defenders... Next to Nash who is WAYYY below average on defense, you have this team, but in a worse spot because again they'd have to be perfect on offense to win games..

Just like Nash has to be perfect on offense in order not to end up having a negative impact..

Last edited:
Coup :lol:

You guys think it's going to ruin my life if he leaves...

It won't... He leaves, he leaves... That's been my position for months.

At the end of the day... Your team is at a much better place with a healthy Dwight than a healthy Noah, a healthy Horford, a healthy Love.. And with the exception of Love, which is closer than a mile.. It is true by a mile..

Even this year... You bring any of those guys (Love is out for a month) Lakers are still in the same position.

You can say how Pau & Love would be a great offensive duo... Granted... But you place both of them, who are below average defenders... Next to Nash who is WAYYY below average on defense, you have this team, but in a worse spot because again they'd have to be perfect on offense to win games..

Just like Nash has to be perfect on offense in order not to end up having a negative impact..

I will not argue that bringing in Love over Dwight would hurt our defense I agree with that, but i'm just saying I don't want to be stuck with THIS Dwight Howard. We can fix our defense in the off season, but we can't turn Dwight back to a beast if his injury is going to leave him this way.

I'd take Horford over Dwight at this point.

U kinda have the same problems w/ Horford and Gasol that you have w/ Pau and Dwight tho.
So Love is the best option b/c he can stretch the floor and would thrive in Pringles system.

Our future moves depend mostly on if we plan on keeping Pringles around for a long time.
I don't like him, but you'd be blind to not see his impact on the league. ALOT of teams are running his system + some tweaks.
idk if he can be a leader of men, but he is an offensive genius. Set him up w/ a defensive coach like Gentry or something.

Also that is not what Lakers do...

They don't choose between Love or Dwight..

They get both..

Again something Coup and I talked about... You take that chance on Dwight next year.. If he isn't there half way through, he isn't there... That market for him would still be there.. Also with him multiple years committed, that market is a little bit bigger..

I'd take Horford over Dwight at this point.

U kinda have the same problems w/ Horford and Gasol that you have w/ Pau and Dwight tho.
So Love is the best option b/c he can stretch the floor and would thrive in Pringles system.

Our future moves depend mostly on if we plan on keeping Pringles around for a long time.
I don't like him, but you'd be blind to not see his impact on the league. ALOT of teams are running his system + some tweaks.
idk if he can be a leader of men, but he is an offensive genius. Set him up w/ a defensive coach like Gentry or something.

Dude, no more former Suns, roster or coaching staff.

Please. I beg you.

We can fix our defense in the off season, but we can't turn Dwight back to a beast if his injury is going to leave him this way.

No you couldn't...

3 of your 5 starters are bad defenders... One is a great defender when he wants to be... And MWP is MWP, he defends when he feels like it.

You'd have $3.5 million to find 5 lockdown defenders off the bench... And Hill isn't that good of a defender either.. He's a great rebounder.. Not a good defender.

Fine Dwight may be permanently this way.. That's possible...

But really you give up on it, on the year he's injured.. That's foolish..

You give him a good amount of next year to show where he is.. If he still isn't there, that's when you deal him.

Last edited:
:lol: At least Essential is consistent

So at this Dwight would have to ask out.... can't see that happening :\

Looking forward to the 19 cap space next yr :\ :\

Back
Top Bottom