Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No you couldn't...

3 of your 5 starters are bad defenders... One is a great defender when he wants to be... And MWP is MWP, he defends when he feels like it.

You'd have $3.5 million to find 5 lockdown defenders off the bench... And Hill isn't that good of a defender either.. He's a great rebounder.. Not a good defender.

Fine Dwight may be permanently this way.. That's possible...

But really you give up on it, on the year he's injured.. That's foolish..

You give him a good amount of next year to show where he is.. If he still isn't there, that's when you deal him.

Why would teams deal for a permanently hobbled Dwight Howard receiving max money? The way he's playing now he's not worthy of a max deal, and i'd take a few centers over him.

I'm pretty sure he wont be traded, although he should be, so I just hope he gets back to his old form, like i've said before i'd love to be wrong and he kills it in the second half, but I don't know i'm not counting on it

No you couldn't...

3 of your 5 starters are bad defenders... One is a great defender when he wants to be... And MWP is MWP, he defends when he feels like it.

You'd have $3.5 million to find 5 lockdown defenders off the bench... And Hill isn't that good of a defender either.. He's a great rebounder.. Not a good defender.

Fine Dwight may be permanently this way.. That's possible...

But really you give up on it, on the year he's injured.. That's foolish..

You give him a good amount of next year to show where he is.. If he still isn't there, that's when you deal him.

Why would teams deal for a permanently hobbled Dwight Howard receiving max money? The way he's playing now he's not worthy of a max deal, and i'd take a few centers over him.

I'm pretty sure he wont be traded, although he should be, so I just hope he gets back to his old form, like i've said before i'd love to be wrong and he kills it in the second half, but I don't know i'm not counting on it

Ask Coup.. Just ask him.... If the market would still be there even if he looks meh next year

And if Dwight was willing to play for all 30 teams... Each of the 30 would give him a max deal... In a second.

Last edited:
Who's Coup?

Why would he know?

Haha that has to be the weirdest response i've ever received to a post.
Just ask Coup, man. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Coupe. I've been the guy saying Dwight Howard would not like to play in L.A. in August, his heart is still in Brooklyn, and I've been the guy saying that the Lakers should trade him in that BK-Minn-LAL three way trade that would benefit all.

But Essential brings up a good point, Dwight Howard is absolutely a max contract player. He's not getting any less, and any team (if they could afford it) would sign him. Essential also made some good points about Dwight Howard's trade value for the upcoming season (if he does re-sign in LAL this off-season). Dwight's trade value isn't going anywhere, whether its this week or next season.

So if Dwight Howard resigns (big-if) and this continues not to work out in Laker land. That three-team deal (or any other trade) could wait till next season if things continue to go downhill next year when Dwight's back. His trade value will be the same next year as it is now - unless Dwight's back injury is proved to be completely holding him back. (Thats the other risk)

Those are good points and I agree with Essential on them, but I'm under the impression Dwight's more inclined to leave L.A. than to re-sign, therefore making it an extremely risky situation. It's like going all in blind in a heads up.

Last edited:
Posting this in here for me to play with later, nobody get mad or yell at me.

Kobe was almost dealt to Detroit for Tayshaun, Rip, Amir Johnson and a Det #1.

LA in 2008 would have been

Bynum/Turiaf
LO/Amir/Kwame
Tay/Ariza/Luke
Rip/Sasha
Fish/Farmar/Critt

Annnnnnnnd Marc Gasol on deck. We probably move/flip/cut Kwame or Put Critt in D-League.

Then we have our #1 + Det's #1 in the 2009 Draft.

Interesting.

"For CP purposes, nobody fret or yell at me".

Hi, I'm Coupe. I've been the guy saying Dwight Howard would not like to play in L.A. in August, his heart is still in Brooklyn, and I've been the guy saying that the Lakers should trade him in that BK-Minn-LAL three way trade that would benefit all.

But Essential brings up a good point, Dwight Howard is absolutely a max contract player. He's not getting any less, and any team (if they could afford it) would sign him. Essential also made some good points about Dwight Howard's trade value for the upcoming season (if he does re-sign in LAL this off-season). Dwight's trade value isn't going anywhere, whether its this week or next season.

So if Dwight Howard resigns (big-if) and this continues not to work out in Laker land. That three-team deal (or any other trade) could wait till next season if things continue to go downhill next year when Dwight's back. His trade value will be the same next year as it is now - unless Dwight's back injury is proved to be completely holding him back. (Thats the other risk)

Those are good points and I agree with Essential on them, but I'm under the impression Dwight's more inclined to leave L.A. than to re-sign, therefore making it an extremely risky situation. It's like going all in blind in a heads up.
There's the man of the hour! And so Coup finally arrives.

sad day indeed. Yo, saw Brook Lopez play in the ASG and really REALLY liked his style.
He's not dominant by any means, but I like the way he plays. Love the way he runs the
floor Mark Madsen style and sets picks. I'd take healthy Dwight over him for sure, but
I like him, if there's any way to get him...

Yo, saw Brook Lopez play in the ASG and really REALLY liked his style.
He's not dominant by any means, but I like the way he plays. Love the way he runs the
floor Mark Madsen style and sets picks. I'd take healthy Dwight over him for sure, but
I like him, if there's any way to get him...
Essential do your thing.

Hello Coupe,

Thanks for your response, I do agree with you on one point, I don't think Howard resigns, and it will be extremely risky to hold on to him.

Best Regards,

Mosk33toe

Also that is not what Lakers do...

They don't choose between Love or Dwight..

They get both..

Again something Coup and I talked about... You take that chance on Dwight next year.. If he isn't there half way through, he isn't there... That market for him would still be there.. Also with him multiple years committed, that market is a little bit bigger..

And this why it makes no sense for Dwight to resign if things don't go well next season hell be traded and forced to play out his contact with a team he may not want to play for why risk it

this the worst laker season of all time. rip jerry.

scary thinking how this franchise will be ran by jim...

lakers should be ashamed of themselves having this season be the last jerry seen...

Also that is not what Lakers do...

They don't choose between Love or Dwight..

They get both..

Again something Coup and I talked about... You take that chance on Dwight next year.. If he isn't there half way through, he isn't there... That market for him would still be there.. Also with him multiple years committed, that market is a little bit bigger..

And this why it makes no sense for Dwight to resign if things don't go well next season hell be traded and forced to play out his contact with a team he may not want to play for why risk it

I don't think he thinks if he resigns that the Lakers will trade him...

And if he does dude must have wanted to be a Risk Management Major if he went to college.

Last edited:
I'd take Noah over Dwight in 1/10th of a heartbeat. He furs better.

Kobe is a poor man's MJ? Noah is a poor man's Rodman. Hustle&rebounds are what he brings to the table. We'd go from 2 dudes complaining about touches... to one (Pau).

Back
Top Bottom