Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
listening to 710 right now, and all I gotta say is that Rick Fox is true Laker...

He talked about how everything was so much better when he became a Laker as oppose to being on the Celtics.

He also said that him and Dwight are suppose to meet up and talk. He wants to tell dwight all the crap he needs to stop doing and start doing.

He doesn't work for the lakers but he still works for the lakers. Pretty cool of Rick if you ask me.

Yes.

1) Deron Williams, Dwight wanted/wants to play with a high caliber PG. They were planning on playing with each other since summer of 2010. They thought it'd be in Dallas but once Deron became a Net, everything changed.

2) Mickel Prokerov, owner of the Nets. Dwight and Mickel were texting and going out on secret dinner dates last year during the seaso . Magic tried to charge the Nets with tampering, but nothing ever came of it.

3) The Nets and the owner did a great job of pitching to Dwight that he would be the face of this new franchise, as soon as he got there. The offense would revolve around him and he'd be the star.

4) The attraction of a new, rich, and sleek franchise in New York, endorsement opportunities.

5) Expectations and the media. People say the New York media is harsh, and they are absolutely right but the media doesn't care about the Nets yet. This is a Knicks town, the same way LA is a Laker town. The Clippers are doing great right now but I'm sure no one on the radio talks about it, they talk about the Lakers. Brooklyn has that same type of security blanket in NY. Dwight Howard would be a big fish in a big pond but still below the radar.

Couldn't have explained it any better. I mean when I put my Laker bias aside and think about it this is probably the smartest thing for him and his career PERSONALLY. Does he make them a title contender? I'd say no. Especially since they'd need to acquire him through a trade, thus giving up some solid pieces aside from Brook.

I think IF we make the Playoffs and make some noise then I see him staying, but if we continue to struggle and the non-stop complaining from multiple people apart of the organization/fans/media continues then I definitely see a sign and trade come this Summer.

I'd love to see Dwight remain a Laker, I really would. I just want to see him having fun out there, I haven't seen what I always admired from Dwight in this season. I loved that it looked like he truly loved being out there and putting on a show yet still producing and dominating the game (not so much on the offensive end, but still was a threat and drew double teams). Random but I remember I was sitting a row behind the courtside seats a few years back, fitted up in purple and gold and when he got close enough I yelled his name and pointed and he gave me one back (dude next to me asked if I knew him and I said yeah :lol: ) But what I'm trying to get at is that he loves to be loved, and in my opinion is most affective when he is out there having fun. I understand Kobe demands that killer instinct and competitive fire, but that's just not the player Dwight is.

It'd also be nice to see him get a full summer to get his body right and come back full-strength. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he not supposed to come back until December? I'll be the first to say I hate his mopey and 'feel sorry for me' attitude, but this man takes a beating every night and hasn't been 100% for over a year now.

Stay positive my fellow Lakeshow fans, I know it's a completely different sport but my/our LA Kings were the #8 seed and STRAIGHT UP MURKED the entire Playoffs. Went up 2-0 every single series (never had home ice advantage in any series). Went 16-4 in the Playoffs en route to winning the Stanley Cup. Now is this scenario likely for any team? No, but I still have confidence in our Lakers and I never really bought into that whole "if you make it to the Playoffs then you have a chance" until I witnessed it first-hand just 1 year ago.

I feel like I went on way too long about that, excuse the grammatical or spelling errors if any but I gotta head out right now... It'd only be right for us to get this W against the Celtics (of all teams to play after his passing :wow: ) for Dr. Buss :smokin

I'm trying to understand why you're so adamant about convincing Laker fans that Dwight needs to be traded.

You're not a Laker fan, you're not a Nets fan. You spend a lot of time posting and responding to posts in this thread and you take it too personally when something good or bad happens to your agenda.

I have a strange feeling that you're hoping to see the Lakers trade Dwight because you want to see the Lakers make a big mistake.

Personally? Ah, yes, you were one of the ones who was calling me crazy in August huh?

It's not my agenda, it's Dwight's, I've just been the one calling it exactly how I see it. From a non-Laker point of view, from a basketball fan point of view. I'm a Knicks fan, I have no agenda here, I just love basketball and I come up with my own conclusions. This is a message board.

I know a lot about this Dwight Howard situation cause I was in Florida during the time and locally experienced and read about this nonsense. The same way any local sports fans knows about his players.

On the contrary, you're wrong. I think it's great for the NBA when the Lakers are good. But Dwight Howard is not a fit, he's never been a fit, and Los Angeles was never his first or second option - thats been my case. And I fully believe that the Lakers are making a huge mistake if they don't trade him, that's the mistake brotha.

You still have an issue with me now? Or can we debate and keep it real?

So long as the above remains true, I'll resist whatever suspicions I have. And you are entitled to your opinions obviously, I haven't said you can't voice them.

And I still think you're crazy to think Dwight will leave. But I've said before that I'll be among the first to admit to being wrong if he does leave, so there's that.

Dwight couldn't last a minute in the NY media. If he thinks LA is killing him. I don't think the Nets would do it anyway, Lopez is playing very well.

^ People said the same thing about A-roid, and it has worked out at least alright for him.

So long as the above remains true, I'll resist whatever suspicions I have. And you are entitled to your opinions obviously, I haven't said you can't voice them.

And I still think you're crazy to think Dwight will leave. But I've said before that I'll be among the first to admit to being wrong if he does leave, so there's that.

I don't want you to acknowledge that you're wrong if Dwight doesn't resign. I want you to acknowledge that I'm not crazy and it's not that far-fetched for Dwight Howard not to resign. Considering the facts, the state of play, Dwight's emotions, and the fact that Dwight always wanted to be in Brooklyn - my beliefs are not crazy nor are they far-fetched.

I think Dwight is crazy if he doesn't resign with the Lakers because of guaranteed money, but Dwight's a head case man. His word is not his bond, and he folds under pressure. Oh and btw, I still think its 50/50 he resigns, just for the money tho. Not because that's what he truely wanted. But he's holding the Lakers hostage right now, and that's not right.

I don't want you to acknowledge that you're wrong if Dwight doesn't resign. I want you to acknowledge that I'm not crazy and it's not that far-fetched for Dwight Howard not to resign. Considering the facts, the state of play, Dwight's emotions, and the fact that Dwight always wanted to be in Brooklyn - my beliefs are not crazy nor are they far-fetched.

I think Dwight is crazy if he doesn't resign with the Lakers because of guaranteed money, but Dwight's a head case man. His word is not his bond, and he folds under pressure. Oh and btw, I still think its 50/50 he resigns, just for the money tho. Not because that's what he truely wanted. But he's holding the Lakers hostage right now, and that's not right.

That's been a point of contention between you and Essential, no? That Dwight has the Lakers hostage?

If the Lakers plan on clearing the decks for 2014-15, I don't know how much of a hostage they are in Dwight's designs. I imagine Mitch and Jim have plans considering both a commitment or a rejection from Dwight. Frankly, I'm fully anticipating the Lakers being terrible in the very near future, and that's okay. Reloading for dynasties are an unfortunate but necessary part of staying great.

[quote name="DubA169"][quote name="DarthSka"]^ People said the same thing about A-roid, and it has worked out at least alright for him.[/quote]Well I mean... He's absolutely hated... But umm yeah lol

I think Arod has much thicker skin than Dwight to be honest.[/quote]Wasn't aware he was hated. Knew he wasn't embraced, like Jeter or Mariano, but wasn't aware he was hated.

No doubt Alex has thicker skin, but my point was that he still performed. Got a WS.

[quote name="DubA169"][quote name="DarthSka"]^ People said the same thing about A-roid, and it has worked out at least alright for him.
Well I mean... He's absolutely hated... But umm yeah lol

I think Arod has much thicker skin than Dwight to be honest.[/quote]Wasn't aware he was hated. Knew he wasn't embraced, like Jeter or Mariano, but wasn't aware he was hated.

No doubt Alex has thicker skin, but my point was that he still performed. Got a WS.[/quote]

You should have seen the sports bars every time ARod got up in the last playoffs...

The hilarity that always ensued.

Last edited:
The Jazz seem to be running away from the Lakers for a playoff seed and the Warriors play 18 of their final 23 games at home.

:smh:

That's been a point of contention between you and Essential, no? That Dwight has the Lakers hostage?

If the Lakers plan on clearing the decks for 2014-15, I don't know how much of a hostage they are in Dwight's designs. I imagine Mitch and Jim have plans considering both a commitment or a rejection from Dwight. Frankly, I'm fully anticipating the Lakers being terrible in the very near future, and that's okay. Reloading for dynasties are an unfortunate but necessary part of staying great.

Essential and I have many "contentions" when it comes to Dwight Howard haha, but yes that's one of them. But those disagreements are healthy respectable debates.

No doubt in my mind the Lakers can rebound if they lose Dwight, it'll take a while but I'm confident they will. It's just very concerning that Dwight has yet to publicly commit to the Lakers like CP3 has to the clippers.

If Dwight just came out and said to Mitch and to the fans "I'm staying in LA, theirs no need speculation and media scrutiny, I'm committed"

But he hasn't and that's not right. Because if he decides to go, the Lakers get nothing in return. They get no assets, no draft picks, nothing - and that's not right, because what they could get in return for D12 could really help the Lakers going forward.

But hey, maybe Mitch just wants to keep him for the year, play things out then ask Dwight in the offseason if he's committed. If Dwight says no, then maybe they can execute a sign-trade and get something in return (even tho it'd be very difficult to execute because the Lakers and Nets are over the cap), they'd need a couple teams.

If I'm a Laker fan, I'd be pissed as all hell at Dwight, and that seems to be the way a laker nation is leaning now. But Lakers should absolutely pull the trigger on a 3 team D12 trade for Kevin Love.

PG Nash
SG Kobe
SF Earl Clark
PF Kevin Love
C Pau Gasol

With that lineup for the upcoming season, that's completely more balanced and dangerous, and I believe that the Lakers would be title contenders finishing up Kobe's final year or two.

Essential and I have many "contentions" when it comes to Dwight Howard haha, but yes that's one of them. But those disagreements are healthy respectable debates.

No doubt in my mind the Lakers can rebound if they lose Dwight, it'll take a while but I'm confident they will. It's just very concerning that Dwight has yet to publicly commit to the Lakers like CP3 has to the clippers.

If Dwight just came out and said to Mitch and to the fans "I'm staying in LA, theirs no need speculation and media scrutiny, I'm committed"

But he hasn't and that's not right. Because if he decides to go, the Lakers get nothing in return. They get no assets, no draft picks, nothing - and that's not right, because what they could get in return for D12 could really help the Lakers going forward.

But hey, maybe Mitch just wants to keep him for the year, play things out then ask Dwight in the offseason if he's committed. If Dwight says no, then maybe they can execute a sign-trade and get something in return (even tho it'd be very difficult to execute because the Lakers and Nets are over the cap), they'd need a couple teams.

If I'm a Laker fan, I'd be pissed as all hell at Dwight, and that seems to be the way a laker nation is leaning now. But Lakers should absolutely pull the trigger on a 3 team D12 trade for Kevin Love.

PG Nash
SG Kobe
SF Earl Clark
PF Kevin Love
C Pau Gasol

With that lineup for the upcoming season, that's completely more balanced and dangerous, and I believe that the Lakers would be title contenders finishing up Kobe's final year or two.
smokin.gif

Despite all the turmoil, I still think the Lakers are the favorites to re-sign Dwight this summer.

Dwight playing coy doesn't bother me. I don't need an answer from him in the middle of the season that he's staying. He's here now, he'll play for us until season ends and we'll deal with it when it comes down to it.

So many of you are forgetting how Kobe used to do us. Demanding trades and using the media to send out mixed messages. But now Kobe is untouchable for a lot of you. Come on, this **** is all an act, pay attention to the facts and final results. Don't get caught up in the show business.

Asked about Broussard saying he's unhappy
“Listen, I never said anything about none of this stuff. So, if anybody has a report or anything they say about what’s going on, if it’s not from me, then obviously it can’t be true. I’m not going to let this situation defeat me.”

Don't go by Lakernation about how they perceive things.. We're the most fickle fanbase in the league.... They can all say let's trade Dwight. But 99% of them want him back long term...

Verbal commitments are meaningless Coupe... They mean nothing... I could say I'll stay, and then go anyway..

There's a reason why they won't trade him. Not because they are stubborn...

And again... Your opinion says they should pull the 3 team trade... I think it is probably the worst move out of the 3 choices they have.

Last edited:
Broussard makes up his own stories..He looks like a nosy little aggravating SOB snooping around asking questions tryin to get the scoop on ppl etc.

Just like a gossiping high school girl

If it dont come from Stephen A, I dont believe it.

Last edited:
Asked about Broussard saying he's unhappy
Don't go by Lakernation about how they perceive things.. We're the most fickle fanbase in the league.... They can all say let's trade Dwight. But 99% of them want him back long term...

Verbal commitments are meaningless Coupe... They mean nothing... I could say I'll stay, and then go anyway..

There's a reason why they won't trade him. Not because they are stubborn...

And again... Your opinion says they should pull the 3 team trade... I think it is probably the worst move out of the 3 choices they have.

Verbal commitments mean nothing? to whom? Maybe you.

Not to the rest of Laker nation and management.

Except CP3 hasn't publicly committed to anything. 

Warriors are looking bad lately. I know they have an absurd number of home games left, but we still have 2 games left against them I think.

They might be easier to catch than Utah at this point.

Dwight Howard is Unhappy in Los Angeles and would love to be traded to the Brooklyn Nets.

What a difference a year makes, huh? Haha

That shouldn't even be news anymore, of course he's not happy in LA and of course his heart is still in Brooklyn. But the Lakers organization is to arrogant to trade him. Gonna have to deal with Dwight and is baggage. Dwightmare continues.

you looking to get banned in this thread huh? tread lightly laker hater. you have been on your best behavior. dont mess it up :lol:

PG Nash
SG Kobe
SF Earl Clark
PF Kevin Love
C Pau Gasol

horrible line up. 150 ppg allowed minimum

ofcourse to your delight

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom