Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kupchak on Howard: "He deserves to have his name on the wall and a statue in front of Staples at some point in time."

Mitchell playing Godfather right now.
I don't understand this reference.... 
nerd.gif

Remember when Jerry Buss sided with Kobe in the Shaq v. Kobe battle? Something tells me Jim Buss sides with Dwight if it's Kobe v. Dwight.
— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) February 20, 2013
roll.gif

Kupchak on Howard: "He deserves to have his name on the wall and a statue in front of Staples at some point in time."

nerd.gif

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]304289227707916288[/MEDIA]"]
Remember when Jerry Buss sided with Kobe in the Shaq v. Kobe battle? Something tells me Jim Buss sides with Dwight if it's Kobe v. Dwight.
:rofl:

[/quote]

Have you ever seen the Godfather "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

nerd.gif

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]304289227707916288[/MEDIA]"]
:rofl:

[/quote]

"It's the smart move. Tessio was always smarter."

Mitch sounded pretty damn adamant on The Herd this morning about D12 being a part of this team's future. It sounded like he's still open to moving Pau but the injury is making things tough. I don't think any major pieces need to be moved, just fix the bench a little bit and get a little chemistry going and we'll be alright. Sounds easier than it can be done though I know.

Mitch sounded pretty damn adamant on The Herd this morning about D12 being a part of this team's future. It sounded like he's still open to moving Pau but the injury is making things tough. I don't think any major pieces need to be moved, just fix the bench a little bit and get a little chemistry going and we'll be alright. Sounds easier than it can be done though I know.

It becomes loads easier with a coach who can fully utilize the personnel. D'Antoni has always been the wrong man for the job. Many here were calling for some time to evaluate him, but that time has now passed and the organization needs to make a wise choice next season for who will lead the team.

Last edited:

Pau is 75% chance gone in the offseason.... IMO..

Last edited:

Pau is 75% chance gone in the offseason.... IMO..

I still bear a grudge against Pau for having his agent work on the owners to bully Stern into blocking the CP3 deal (according to Simmons).

Always appreciate a good Godfather quote in the middle of my Lakers thread, have a rep!

I find this funny, every legitimate source I read when the question comes up if the Lakers will trade Howard, the answer is no, however each one of them seems to reiterate that they should trade Howard due to a medley of reasons.

I'm pretty confident in the fact that Dwight will be a Laker on Friday, i'm still not confident however that he should be one.

Last edited:
It'll be hard to be a Laker fan if Dwight is truly our franchise player for the next 6-8 years.

He's not going to carry us anywhere.

*sigh*

Always appreciate a good Godfather quote in the middle of my Lakers thread, have a rep!

I find this funny, every legitimate source I read when the question comes up if the Lakers will trade Howard, the answer is no, however each one of them seems to reiterate that they should trade Howard due to a medley of reasons.

I'm pretty confident in the fact that Dwight will be a Laker on Friday, i'm still not confident however that he should be one.

Remember the offseason.. For two months we heard Dwight will be a Net... No possible way he ends up on the Lakers..

Last edited:
Themis (Greece)

Given that Kobe and Howard do not like eachother, Why do not the Lakers trade Kobe and keep the younger Howard and build for the future. The could still get a lot for Kobe even though he is 34.
Chad Ford (1:41 PM)

One, Kobe has a no trade clause, so they can't just ship him anywhere. Two, Kobe is very popular in LA. Dwight is not. It would be a very hard sell to fans. However, with that said, I've heard rumblings that if Howard told Laker officials this summer that the only way he'd stay in LA is if Kobe leaves, the Lakers could end up choosing Howard over Kobe. It's an unlikely scenario, but one worth watching.

If this **** happens....

It was funny I was so ecstatic to have Dwight come to the Lakers in the off-season, now i'm a bit nervous, I hope he can turn it around in the second half

More talk just to start a fire. Jim Buss couldn't "choose" Dwight over Kobe if he wanted to - Kobe's got a no trade clause.

It'll be hard to be a Laker fan if Dwight is truly our franchise player for the next 6-8 years.

He's not going to carry us anywhere.

*sigh*
THIS. If that happened, I might reconsider taking my fanhood elsewhere 
laugh.gif

Themis (Greece)

Given that Kobe and Howard do not like eachother, Why do not the Lakers trade Kobe and keep the younger Howard and build for the future. The could still get a lot for Kobe even though he is 34.
Chad Ford (1:41 PM)

One, Kobe has a no trade clause, so they can't just ship him anywhere. Two, Kobe is very popular in LA. Dwight is not. It would be a very hard sell to fans. However, with that said, I've heard rumblings that if Howard told Laker officials this summer that the only way he'd stay in LA is if Kobe leaves, the Lakers could end up choosing Howard over Kobe. It's an unlikely scenario, but one worth watching.
If this **** happens....

It was funny I was so ecstatic to have Dwight come to the Lakers in the off-season, now i'm a bit nervous, I hope he can turn it around in the second half
I will bet the Sacramento Kings leaving, that Kobe will retire a Laker 
laugh.gif

Essential !!! Hold me back son!!!! hold me back!!!

Did Mitch Kupcheck a man who I respect, say that Dwight Howard deserves a statue and compare him to Eldgin Baylor or historic Laker bigs?

Is this real life? If that's what the Lakers or Laker fans still expect from Dwight, :smh:

Mitch is either starting "Operation: Kiss Dwight's ***" so he signs, or he needs to be medically checked.

F Dwight man. The guy brings a circus with himself wherever he goes. He's never happy.

Even if he goes to Brooklyn, he'll find something to hate. He'll probably mock Jay Z in the locker room one too many times and cause Jay to throw him off the team, word to Kanye.

He'll probably have a problem with Joe Johnson's jumpshots... He has a problem with everything.

I'm tired of this ****. I knew this would happen when we got Dwight.

We are the 10th seed right now, we need to be worried about winning...instead were worried about making Dwight Howard a happy man :smh:

Essential !!! Hold me back son!!!! hold me back!!!

Did Mitch Kupcheck a man who I respect, say that Dwight Howard deserves a statue and compare him to Eldgin Baylor or historic Laker bigs?

Is this real life? If that's what the Lakers or Laker fans still expect from Dwight,
mean.gif

Mitch is either starting "Operation: Kiss Dwight's ***" so he signs, or he needs to be medically checked.
Wait... hold up............ Mitch was for real??? I thought that was either

A) sarcasm

B) somebody made up that quote 

C) sarcasm

Wait... hold up............ Mitch was for real??? I thought that was either

A) sarcasm

B) somebody made up that quote 

C) sarcasm

This is what I'm reading

Kupchak reiterated his public stance that the 27-year old Howard is off the market with the NBA trade deadline looming Thursday at 3 p.m. ET.

"We've been very consistent," Kupchak said. "We're not trading Dwight Howard. ... He will not be traded and there's nothing that anybody can do today to call me today and ask me, 'Would you do this?' and get a positive result."

Kupchak called Howard the best center in the league and expressed how difficult it is to acquire talent like that, especially with the restrictions in place since the league's new collective bargaining agreement was ratified.

"It's hard to get talent in this league and to have a talent like Dwight Howard, we have no intention of trading Dwight Howard," Kupchak said. "He belongs to have his name on the wall [as a retired uniform] and a statue in front of Staples
at some point and time."​

Mitch is one smart, cold, calculated dude. but i think when he got Dwight he made himself believe Dwight to him is what Shaq was to Jerry West. Except we all got fooled by Dwight and it's understandable that Mitch dont wanna see it. It's like bagging the hottest dime that everyone wanted then finding out she has a huge ****. The dude's in denial

Aye, from the other day, alternate reality Lakers circe 2007-08. Did the legwork, you're welcome.

We trade Kobe, so no Pau deal every happens, we keep our draft picks, etc etc. Here goes.

Our roster would include

Bynum/M Gasol/Turiaf/Mihm
LO/Amir/Kwame
Tay/Ariza/Luke/Vlad
Rip/Sasha
Fisher/Farmar/Critt

Now, odds that we could have gotten Affalo thrown into the deal, being an LA product, and would no longer be needed in Detroit? :nerd:

We keep our #1 in 2008, and we get Detroit's #1, no way to know where either team would finish and what slot those picks are, etc. However, LA no has moved on from Kobe, so they have to become more draft oriented, as opposed to what we did become which was free agents and trades based. Look at some of the names in 08 AFTER the top 15. (presuming we and Detroit are mid to late round type teams)

Anthony Randolph, Hibbert, JaVale, Ryan Anderson, Courtney Lee, JJ Hickson, Ibaka, Batum, George Hill, Pekovic, Chalmers, DeAndre, Asik, Goran Dragic........Damn man, we coulda had Batum and Dragic or some **** like that. :lol:

BTW, no Kobe = Bynum's knee never gets folded, unless of course it would have happened at some point in life, no way to know. So Bynum woulda been on pristine legs to that point going forward.

Now, we also don't trade our 2009 First rounder, or our 2010, etc. We also have pieces like LO, Kwame, Rip, and Tay that are still bodies to be sold/traded and the market would have been there for them. Hell, maybe even Fish or Vlad get sold.

And in 2010, there was a certain free agent class that would have surrounded Bynum/M. Gasol/Ariza/Dragic or Batum type young core quite well. Hell, maybe Ibaka never makes it to OKC. :nerd: Maybe Chalmers is our PG and not Miami's, I don't know. Obviously never will, just interesting how quick we still might have turned it all around after moving on from Kobe. 2-3 years and we would have been loaded with young talent and set for another decade or so.

We got 3 Finals runs, 2 titles and I'm good with that, but it's interesting to me the way teams are build and how the working parts move around.

None of ya'll yell at me, I'm just dinkin around mindin my own business while you all examine Dwight's underwear selections day by day. I ain't botherin nobody. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom