Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of ya'll yell at me, I'm just dinkin around mindin my own business while you all examine Dwight's underwear selections day by day. I ain't botherin nobody. :lol:
wouldnt be surprised if dwights underwear has the same pattern as his arm sleeves

just saying tho

That roster reminds me of the last Pistons championship/ECF roster. There's no STANDOUT guy (Kobe, LeBron, Durant, CP3 type dudes), where you don't really have to worry about the balance of the roster.

Strong defensive presence in Marc, Bynum, Tay, and Ariza.

Scoring would have to mainly come from LO, Rip, Fish, Sasha, and Farmar. Yikes. But, I mean, that Pistons roster was mainly Rip, Chauncey, and Sheed every night, w/ different other guys rounding out the scoring night in and night out.

Definitely have serious doubts that roster goes to 3 straight Finals, winning the back 2. Actually, I have doubts Phil would opt to coach that roster. Tough to say. Definitely a well rounded roster, no doubt, lots of talented players... ... ...

... ... ... and Kwame Brown.

Last edited:
That roster reminds me of the last Pistons championship/ECF roster. There's no STANDOUT guy (Kobe, LeBron, Durant, CP3 type dudes), where you don't really have to worry about the balance of the roster.

Scoring would have to mainly come from LO, Rip, Fish, Sasha, and Farmar. Yikes. But, I mean, that Pistons roster was mainly Rip, Chauncey, and Sheed every night, w/ different other guys rounding out the scoring night in and night out.

Definitely have serious doubts that roster goes to 3 straight Finals, winning the back 2. Actually, I have doubts Phil would opt to coach that roster. Tough to say. Definitely a well rounded roster, no doubt, lots of talented players... ... ...

My point was moreso the start of that roster. That was no where near a finished product. The vets likely get moved, and the kids likely get coached up. I wasn't saying they roll with that for a few years, far from it. But we would have had a great start with some very young talent in house, and maybe most important, all our first rounders back, plus an extra from Detroit. Given that we nabbed someone like Marc in the second round, we could have found additional talent there, provided the draft was our focus. With an older core, the draft has not been our focus.

Give Jim and Mitch time to eval nothin but kids and upcoming draft picks, I'm more than confident they would have picked some solid pieces, the basis of my ramblings.

My point was moreso the start of that roster. That was no where near a finished product. The vets likely get moved, and the kids likely get coached up. I wasn't saying they roll with that for a few years, far from it. But we would have had a great start with some very young talent in house, and maybe most important, all our first rounders back, plus an extra from Detroit. Given that we nabbed someone like Marc in the second round, we could have found additional talent there, provided the draft was our focus. With an older core, the draft has not been our focus.

Give Jim and Mitch time to eval nothin but kids and upcoming draft picks, I'm more than confident they would have picked some solid pieces, the basis of my ramblings.
In your alternate reality, does Phil leave when Kobe leaves?

But you see, every former Laker is like this. They loved being a Laker. It's a breed, or fraternity of you will.

You either love it or don't. And if you don't, something is sincerely wrong with you.

ehhh when i think rick fox i think celtics lol

Mitch is showing Dwight a dedication that the Magic never did, that's what he's doing.

Think nothing more than that. Mitch ain't stupid; he knows histeam, knows all the stuff we know, and more (obviously). But what's he going to say? "Dwight needs to make up his mind. He's in a tough position, and we're all waiting to see what he decides. We know we want him here, but it's up to him."

That just comes off as incredibly detached and unconfident. The Magic did that, and they no longer have him. Granted, you (and I) look at this season and think "Ummm... that's good that they don't have him, right?", but that's denying his talent, and grossly overselling any other option you're thinking of.

Mitch is doing the opposite. "We love him. Greatest ever. Should have a statue. I have him right below Jesus in my All Time People list, and ahead of my own kids in my will."

Dwight has never been shown hard work and professionalism.

Dwight, meet the Lakers, and Kobe. Witness hard work and professionalism. That's the tactic I see here. From Mitch's statements to Kobe Johnson's play, that's what I see. The tough sell is convincing him that he will experience this sort of commitment to winning NOWHERE else, and that his hard work and extra gym hours will pay off nowhere else as handsomely as it will w/ us. I mean, it's like being w/ a banging chick who's in surgery, and convincing yourself that when she's back on her feet, if you're gone, you will be dating someone less beautiful and respectable and committed as her. You don't know that at the moment.

Actually, no.

Phil's only "knock" was he was always "given" elite talent to coach with. At that point, with only 9 rings ( :lol: ) he could do the one thing he never got a chance to go thru, a complete rebuild.

The 05 Lakers on up was a rebuild, we tore everything down after Shaq except one thing, an elite player the entire time. :lol: Sort of cheating in a regard. But all that 08 team was was kids before the Pau deal and Fish comin back. LO was the only mid level player, age, talent guy after Kobe.

Bynum, Farmar, Turiaf, Sasha, Critt, Ariza were all little kids before they flipped Critt and brought Pau in. Suddenly they had 2 vet guys, with a role Fisher, and a gel guy in LO. Boom.

Add the year of experience of going to the Finals after playing together only from Feb 1 on, they were ready to go in 2009. They "rebuilt" in just 3-4 years, but with Kobe in hand.

Phil would have had a shot at a true full on rebuild if things go the way they do in my head. To me, LO gets flipped, Prince, gone, Rip, see ya, Vlad, Fish, Kwame, all sold/cut/traded whatever. 25 and under only for the LA Lakers leading up to 2010 in which case we try to land 1-2 pieces with our young guys to make it work. Coulda been Melo, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, anybody and of course the big name guys from that class.

Who knows, maybe our pick in 09 is top 5, etc. Coulda been real interesting, and Phil would have enjoyed that, imo.

Not trying to sound like a douche, but I can't wait until 730pm tonight so I can actually watch Laker basketball instead of constantly seeing hypothetical trades that will never happen, and hypothetical Laker teams that never happened.

I just wanna win man. Forget all the other stuff.

Not telling anyone to stop, have your fun. But I'm over it.

Lets Go Lakers...time to win tonight.

with all this trade talk going on before the deadline (actually the past months), will the lakers make a move before the deadline. no details or players involved. just a yes or no. i can honestly see the lakers not even making a move.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

But you see, every former Laker is like this. They loved being a Laker. It's a breed, or fraternity of you will.

You either love it or don't. And if you don't, something is sincerely wrong with you.

What we need is to get Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Fox, Horry and maybe most importantly, Shaq to come in and talk with Dwight here and there.

That's what sucks, instead of us having a tool like Shaq to help Dwight, we have a tool like Shaq not helping us with Dwight.

Jesus Christ, Shaq is over here laughing and giggling with Kobe of all people like some school girls. KOBE!!!!

Shaq hated that dude. Now he's all kissy wissy with dude. :smh:

Shaq could really, really help Dwight out. Kareem ain't tryna teach the kid the skyhook, get Shaq in there to teach him some moves, how to hold the ball stronger, higher, etc. But we can't get Shaq to do that, unless this stuff with Buss softens Shaq up a bit.

with all this trade talk going on before the deadline (actually the past months), will the lakers make a move before the deadline. no details or players involved. just a yes or no. i can honestly see the lakers not even making a move.

No

Pau gets dealt during the summer.

What we need is to get Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Fox, Horry and maybe most importantly, Shaq to come in and talk with Dwight here and there.

That's what sucks, instead of us having a tool like Shaq to help Dwight, we have a tool like Shaq not helping us with Dwight.

Jesus Christ, Shaq is over here laughing and giggling with Kobe of all people like some school girls. KOBE!!!!

Shaq hated that dude. Now he's all kissy wissy with dude. :smh:

Shaq could really, really help Dwight out. Kareem ain't tryna teach the kid the skyhook, get Shaq in there to teach him some moves, how to hold the ball stronger, higher, etc. But we can't get Shaq to do that, unless this stuff with Buss softens Shaq up a bit.

Even if Shaq was to help I can just imagine Dwight reaction...

Shaq: Hold the ball here drop step with the right and go up strong with left let your lower body do all the work, you can do this big fella!

Dwight: Yea yea I got you yea yea that makes sense

10 minutes later I could see Dwight wearing a Shaq jersey imitating him, I don't see that killer instinct that fire that Shaq played with, Shaq as silly as he is was always a student of the game, looked up to Hakeem, Russel, and Ewing. He wanted to be the best, he wanted to embarrass centers guarding him, he went after David Robinson, we all know how he did Dudley. Dwight wants to make dinner plans after the game with these guys..

@ArashMarkazi I asked Dwight if he agreed with Mitch and saw himself as the future of the Lakers: "Yeah, I do. We talked about it plenty of times.That's what we've always talked about since the first day I got here. It hasn't stopped. The goal hasn't changed and won't change."

@DuranSports Dwight “totally understand situation. When down and out people want to step on you, but I will not let that defeat me or this team”

@DuranSports Dwight “my goal hasnt changed. I want to win championship. I want to win one here. And I’m here right now”

Last edited:
@ArashMarkazi I asked Dwight if he agreed with Mitch and saw himself as the future of the Lakers: "Yeah, I do. We talked about it plenty of times.That's what we've always talked about since the first day I got here. It hasn't stopped. The goal hasn't changed and won't change."

@DuranSports Dwight “totally understand situation. When down and out people want to step on you, but I will not let that defeat me or this team”
Lies lies lies!!!!! 

It'll be hard to be a Laker fan if Dwight is truly our franchise player for the next 6-8 years.

He's not going to carry us anywhere.

*sigh*
THIS. If that happened, I might reconsider taking my fanhood elsewhere 
laugh.gif
Hell, you'd fit right in this thread. Pull up a seat right next to a few folks in here and Snoop Dogg Lion.
laugh.gif

Bulls are looking to salary dump Rip Hamilton..

Dude can still defend... Someone who moves without the ball....

Could play him and Meeks at the 2. Kobe starting, but most minutes split with Metta at the 3..

You guys need shooters, BADLY. The Lakers should definitely go after him. Essentail is spot on.

As nice of a rep that Rip Hamilton has a great shooter....... His percentages are rather low 
laugh.gif

Another old fart who can't shoot threes.

Pass, unless the Bulls really want Chris Duhon and Darius Morris.

Last edited:
sideline interview w/ MDA after Rip's 1st half w/ us: See, when you have a low shooting percentage, if you shoot more, we'll win, because eventually you'll make some. You have to. You're not shooting 0%. I feel confident we're going to win this game, because Rip just missed 5 shots during this interview.

sideline reporter: -__-

Another old fart who can't shoot threes.

Pass.

They are salary dumping him.. Meaning they want expirings or lessen their cap... You trade Duhon & Ebanks... Two guys who never play...

And he expires for the 2014 offseason.. Like clockwork.

And with DRose coming back, RIp is basically taking up space from Nate & Kirk.

Last edited:
Boston on the schedule tonight. Hopefully the Buss family can come together to pay respect and share this moment with one another. It's gonna be a good game

Back
Top Bottom