Delete

I am not surprised at all about Jenkins sucking in training camp.  Dude gave us NOTHING last season....a season which he should have made an impact with how thin we were at the end of the season.  He couldnt even catch a single pass.

Honestly, I know a lot of you guys are expecting big things.  But I am expecting nothing.  Not a single damn thing.  If you guys had my mindset with Jenkins, you wouldnt/wont be disappointed.

Interesting this might explain why VD is getting more looks at WR because know one is stepping up :smh: Thank god we picked up Boldin

dland i cant think the way you are about jenkins. He was a first round pick which should mean an impact player.Most of us expect big things from a first rd pick, it sucks if he doesnt pan out because that is 1 year of a wasted first rd pick. He should at least be caching balls in practice. Its been years that the 49ers top needs in the draft is a WR and next year is looking the same. We need to load up with tall Wrs. 

Last edited:
Hey man, I totally hear you about expectations from a 1st round pick.  I had high ones last season.  But after a rookie season where we had injuries decimate our WR corps, this dude STILL couldn't see the field.  When no named practice squaders are playing over him, thats a problem. 

THAT is the reason my expectations for him this year are as low as possible.  Why have high expectations out of a guy who has shown you nothing?

These WRs keep getting injured... Jenkins and another WR were taken off the field with hamstring injuries :smh:

Cam Inman  @CamInman

While Anquan Boldin had monster practice, #49ers search for No2 not good: AJ Jenkins, Kasim Osgood got hurt, joining KWilliams, Manham, Crab

the search for no. 2 continues 

also

Matt Barrows  @mattbarrows

Bright side for offense: Anquan Boldin, Chad Hall and Vernon Davis go deep at the end of practice. Main victim: CJ Spillman at free safety.

Eric Branch  @Eric_Branch

Breaking #49ers post-practice news: Colin Kaepernick is a skilled athlete. Finishes with long lasers to Boldin, C. Hall and V. Davis.

looks like kap keeps hitting WR deep.

extra

Matt Maiocco         [emoji]10004[/emoji]  @MaioccoCSN

Even with all WR injuries, still no practice snaps for Vernon Davis at WR. He was in slot once. All his other snaps, of course, at TE.

Last edited:
Not many free agent WR's available, only options I see are Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Austin Collie (didnt he have some sort of injury tho?), or even Ochocinco.

So it looks like we'll have to stick with what we have, although I wouldnt mind Brandon Lloyd for cheap, I also can never count Ocho out because of how good he was although he's probably not on a team for a reason :lol:

loyd=no

collie concussion issues=no

i would go with robinson, out of those 3, but i would rather see what the p squad players can do in a preseason game first. The one im most excited is ricardo. 

on the bright side for the 49ers.

Vic Fangio said "Ian Williams is having a "good" training camp so far. He's been impressed with him."

and

Vic Fangio said he would be 'disappointed' if Eric Reid doesn't start at safety at some point this season.

•  

nerd.gif
 any word on how dorsey is doing

Robinson has had concussions as well.. He supposedly was going to retire... We really need a deep threat to line up outside

RIP the best to ever coach Bill Walsh. didnt grow up in the era in which he had the 49ers dominating the competition, but his legacy will forever live.

Last edited:
Time to bring Randy Moss back. With all these injuries and AJ Jenkins not looking so hot in camp, its not a bad idea. He will definitely play a bigger role than last year.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind moss again for the minimum... From what I can remember he rarely dropped a pass...

dland i cant think the way you are about jenkins. He was a first round pick which should mean an impact player.Most of us expect big things from a first rd pick, it sucks if he doesnt pan out because that is 1 year of a wasted first rd pick. He should at least be caching balls in practice. Its been years that the 49ers top needs in the draft is a WR and next year is looking the same. We need to load up with tall Wrs. 

Just cause he was a 1st round pick, doesnt meant he shouldve been taken in the first round. Guy was a reach at the time we took him, suppose to be mid to to late second rounder at best. Management was aching from the NFC champ game where WRs did jack so it was a reaction pick. Guy has no hands, cant run routes, cant learn the playbook. I expected nothing last season, and would be suprised if guy made an impact this season. Hoping he'll prove me wrong though.

Randy moss
"the 36-year-old has demanding prerequisites for his next team: be a contender, have a quality quarterback, offer a big contract and give him a larger role in the offense than he had in San Francisco. "

Only teams that i can see going back to him is 49ers or the Patriots.

LOL at offer big contract. and yes, aligator arms in the super bowl that led to the interception. 

i had to buy two tickets to the first preseason game to get into the same section as my friends. if anyone is looking to go, shoot me a PM. you can have the extra ticket for face value ($30). lower reserve, section 7, row 4.

Back
Top Bottom