Delete

i believe jenkins will make the team (and yes only because of upside), but i got a thought since he is fast and he hasnt brought nothing on offense and nothing on special teams and is going to be last wr on depth chart. Why not play him as KR. So we can atleast get something out of him. Have him get used to onfield speed. Cause face it, if they are going to keep him on the bench (like last year) he will never develop. He can learn the playbook in and out but what counts is playing time and learning from onfield. 

We have Kick Returners

If your'e not part of the solution your'e part of the problem. When he got no playing time not one look in the playoffs that was the telling sign. We just need bodies and he was MIA

NikeTalker23- He has ZERO confidence.

Last edited:
thats were i belive the problem is. How can you expect a player to be good in a game when has never actually played in one. It has to be a combination of his lack of confidence with himself and with the Qbs.

He had oppertunities to see the field last year but didnt because he just seems to lack something. At this level you can't feel sorry for a player because he lacks confidence. You either take advantage of your oppertunities or you get cut, that's how the NFL is. I'll give him a pass for last year since he was a rookie, but this IS HIS CHANCE, and what is he doing with it? Tell me how this conversation to the receivers sounds when someody who has shown more gets cut.

Baalke - "Sorry ___ you didn't make the team"
_____ - "But I outplayed AJ and he made the roster"
Baalke - "We know you outplayed him, and have been the better player, but he lacks confidence so we've decided to keep him over you. No hard feelings"
_____ - "Stoneface"

If they cut him he'd be a former first round pick who got a good chunk of guaranteed money. He'll get another shot somewhere else, I don't think he'd take being cut too personally. I wouldn't.

How can he NOT separate himself from the players he's battling with in camp? What more does he want with Crabby and Manningham out? The situation was tailor-made for him to finally impress and get a chance.
Very true statement.  At this point in time, I don't know if the front office is saying this about AJ just to rattle his cage or what.  Kinda like the whole Nnamdi situation from a few weeks ago regarding whether or not he would get cut.  Not sure if these two particular players are performing that bad in practice, or if they are not meeting the coaches expectations on the field and they want to draw attention to them to make them step their game up more than what they currently are.  Not sure which one it is, but either way you don't want to be either player in a situation like this. 

This is like Rashaun Woods all over again :smh: but at least he actually caught a few passes and even 1 TD compared to AJ.

Anyone catch former 49er "legend" Kevan Barlow posting on the 49ers instagram the other day :nerd:? Dude said Kendall Hunter reminds him of himself back in the day and that if it wasn't for multiple knee surgeries, he'd have ended up having the 49ers' all-time rushing records :wow: :rofl: :stoneface:

Granted he was on a roster with bum *** players during the latter years of Mooch and the Dennis Erickson regime but didn't think he was all that great. Thought he had potential though after reaching 1024 yards in 2003 despite not even being the starter for most of that year (Garrison Hearst :nthat:)

I know Crabtree was in the fold at the time and I may be a bit biased and I know they picked a WR in the first round last year and I know I may come off as a homer... but I really wish that they would've drafted Robert Woods.

I'm aware I used "and I know" multiple times :tongue:

for anyone who got the SBL seats at Levis stadium, do you own the seat only for the football games, or is it for any events thats held in that stadium??

Kevan Barlow was a great backup to Garrison Hearst but that's where it stops. Dude is delusional.

Last edited:
for anyone who got the SBL seats at Levis stadium, do you own the seat only for the football games, or is it for any events thats held in that stadium??

We own the seat just for Niner games. However, everyone who does own a seat gets to participate in presales for pretty much every event. Obviously, there wont be presales for things like the Super Bowl, BCS Championship game...but everything else we will be able to purchase first.

We own the seat just for Niner games. However, everyone who does own a seat gets to participate in presales for pretty much every event. Obviously, there wont be presales for things like the Super Bowl, BCS Championship game...but everything else we will be able to purchase first.

ok thats good info, me and my bro are planning on buying some.

Where are you seated if you don't mind

ok thats good info, me and my bro are planning on buying some.

Where are you seated if you don't mind

412 row 4

Good news everyone, I just booked by flight to San Fran for the game against the Seahawks on 12/08.  Had to make I was there for the last season of Candlestick.  I got my boy working on tickets to the game for me now.  Can anyone recommend some hotels at or near Candlestick??  I plan on staying nearby the night before the game if not two nights before Sunday.  The rest of my time there I will be exploring the city and taking in as many spots as possible.  Ya boy is on the way!!

Deuce, please dont take this as disrespect.....but have you ever been out here before?  Because you don't want to be staying close to Candlestick bro.  The area is really a dump, and to my knowledge, the only hotels nearby are fleabag hole in the wall type motels.  If you want to stay in a normal, nicer place, you will need to go further into San Francisco. 

Good news everyone, I just booked by flight to San Fran for the game against the Seahawks on 12/08.  Had to make I was there for the last season of Candlestick.  I got my boy working on tickets to the game for me now.  Can anyone recommend some hotels at or near Candlestick??  I plan on staying nearby the night before the game if not two nights before Sunday.  The rest of my time there I will be exploring the city and taking in as many spots as possible.  Ya boy is on the way!!
Try to get a hotel in the Financial District. The Marriot in Union Square is nice too. Pack a pair of Air Max's for walking. You should be good with the Muni (public transit) getting anywhere in SF, but on game day it's going to be packed and take you 1-2 hours to get to the Candlestick - http://www.sfmta.com/

Last edited:
Deuce, please dont take this as disrespect.....but have you ever been out here before?  Because you don't want to be staying close to Candlestick bro.  The area is really a dump, and to my knowledge, the only hotels nearby are fleabag hole in the wall type motels.  If you want to stay in a normal, nicer place, you will need to go further into San Francisco. 
It's cool, no disrespect.  I stayed out there once back when I was in high school but I was moreso in the city and don't remember much.  Didn't know if there were better options near the stadium.  Good looking out.   
Try to get a hotel in the Financial District.
Thank you for the recommendation. 

It's cool, no disrespect.  I stayed out there once back when I was in high school but I was moreso in the city and don't remember much.  Didn't know if there were better options near the stadium.  Good looking out.   
Yeah I just didnt want to come off like I was talking down to you.  I read Niner boards all the time and there are constantly first time SF travelers asking the locals what hotels they would recommend right near the park.....having no knowledge of the fact right on the other side of the Stick is one of the worst areas in the Bay Area.  Your best bet is staying further away than the distance you have in your head right now.  Plus, if you want to party in the city the night before, you will be partying in areas that arent that close to the Stick. 

Back to everyone's favorite polarizing topic...AJ Jenkins.  Did anyone else listen to the Ron Zook interview on the radio yesterday afternoon?  He said that when he coached Jenkins at Illinois, that AJ was a very slow starter there too.  He said that he didnt really pick it up until his Sophomore and Junior seasons.  Really hoping that AJ is just a late bloomer all the time, not that he is the bust that we all fear he is.

Will do.
He said that when he coached Jenkins at Illinois, that AJ was a very slow starter there too.  He said that he didnt really pick it up until his Sophomore and Junior seasons.  Really hoping that AJ is just a late bloomer all the time, not that he is the bust that we all fear he is.
That's good to hear in a sense, meaning that hopefully AJ will get it eventually maybe this year or next.  The problem with that is, as others have said in sports NOTHING is guaranteed and when you have a team like we do have now we are set up and designed to win now.  Not saying we cant win in the long run as well and build a dynasty but in football where injuries occur more frequently and other factors (salary cap, trades in the off-season etc.) you have to win and when it ALL when your suppose to win it all, or built to win it all.  Meaning this years current 49ers team.  

Not to mention we owe it to some of the older players on the team like Justin Smith or Frank Gore to have the best players on the field this specific year that can do their best since those guys are getting up their in age and might not be around much longer, for example.   

Edit--

The main question is, do we have time to WAIT for AJ to develop into the receiver we need if he doesn't get it by this year??  I say probably not. 

Last edited:
Did anyone hear the remix that French Montana and E40 did for "Ain't Worried Bout Nothin"?

Its in the audio section of the 49ers homepage... Pretty cool... Its going to be our anthem this year

Last edited:
Thinkin about going to the Seattle game myself in December. I wanna go to week 1 but those ticket prices are hurting my feelings right now.

Entering the second preseason game of his second pro campaign, A.J. Jenkins had three quick phrases for three interested reporters.

"I'm not worried about expectations."

"I'm trying to slow the game down."

"I feel no pressure."

The 49ers 2012 first-round pick is aiming to play his best football on a big stage. San Francisco visits Kansas City on Friday to play Alex Smith and the Chiefs.

For Jenkins, one of a 11 healthy wideouts on the roster, it's another opportunity to showcase the skills his coaches and teammates rave about. He is competing with returning veterans like Kyle Williams and free-agent signees like Austin Collie for playing time.

"It's not a competition. It's like a family," Jenkins said. "We cheer for each other."

Jenkins pointed to the impressive touchdown catch made by Chad Hall, one receiver relatively far down the depth chart, and the oohs and aahs audible from players in its immediate aftermath during Wednesday's practice.

Asked to compare this season's receiver corps to that of his rookie campaign, Jenkins said he hasn't noticed a significant difference.

"We had Randy (Moss), now we got Anquan (Boldin). We had Ted (Ginn), now we got Marlon (Moore)," Jenkins said. "It's kind of like the same group as we had."

The list of 49ers pass-catchers grows from 11 to 13 when including rehabbing veterans Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree; the latter watched the team's final practice of training camp.

Both men have been helpful to Jenkins.

"They watch the film with me and tell me what I could have done (better), or 'Hey, good job,'" Jenkins said of their recent, off-the-field contributions. "Just any advice that they have as far as anything."

I haven't given up on Jenkins yet... He'll get it together, its only his second year... I do think that Patton will be the #2 WR come week 1 though

Back
Top Bottom