Delete

Packers are gonna be tough this year. Definitely shed that soft stigma about them they held the niners under 100 yards rushing. What a great game. Lets go to Seattle and handle them. And for anybody mad at Joe Staley for that penalty that's what those guys are trained to do no O-line in the league will let you get a free shot on their QB.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure one of the reasons our play calling is so slow is because they give Kaep(and every QB we've had in this system) 2 different players every time. That means he has to receive both plays from geep chryst, go to the huddle, tell everyone both plays, get to the line with all our crazy shuffling and finally decide which one to run.

Last edited:
Harbaugh has stated its the coaches fault for not getting the plays to Kap on time. Theyve had this problem ever since Smith was QB.

I'm out here on the bay islands off the coast of Honduras so I didn't watch the game, **** I just got wifi lol but saw the recap from nfl Sunday ticket on my phone and man! Kaep with a monser game! Won't return for another week so can't watch Seattle game either

Good game yesterday.  I definitely want to see us establish our run game earlier for every game moving forward.  Having the read option is cool and all, but I like to see Gore running straight up the gut some more.  If Nnamdi keeps playing like that, he is going to be toast for the rest of the year.  Yeah I know Rodgers can make any defender look like a fool possibly, but Nnamdi had bad technique and was out of position on just about every throw his way.  He got real lucky on that one pass that he did tip.  As far as Kaep and his clock management goes, it can and should get better.

Edit--

Eric Reid looked really good.  He was all over the field making plays. 

Last edited:
Nnamdi played decent yesterday, Im more concerned by the way the Def missed tackles than how Nnamdi faired against Rodgers. Nnamdi shouldnt have given up that much of a cushion on the Nelson TD though. He'll be fine.

Eric Reid looking like a young Dashon Goldson out there. Swear if dude had the braids you would think it was Dashon coming down and laying the wood. Dude almost KOd Jordy Nelson out the game too.

View media item 571557

Last edited:
There were a lot of missed tackles by the secondary, partly because of the way GB forced match ups. All in all, I'm with you guys on Reid...I like the way he plays.

Nnamdi just looked plain slow off the line yesterday. Anyone know what's up with Eric Wright?

Last edited:
Thoughts about yesterday's game:

Kaepernick:  What can you really say?  He truly is a rising star in the NFL.  I hope this game shows America that he isnt simply a running QB and is just as good of a pocket passer as there is in the NFL.

Boldin:  Man what a dominant performance.  It only makes me shake my head, yet smile at what a Boldin Crabtree davis combination will be in the future.

Reid:  Great first game.  I know he missed a fairly big tackle in this game, but he looked as good as a rookie can look.  Made a bunch of nice tackles and had the interception.

Nnamdi:  Thought he did much better than most are giving him credit for.  Early on he was blanketing his WR, but that was mostly when he was in press coverage.  When we switched to zone and had nnamdi playing off the LOS more, that was when he started to give up some completions.  the missed tackle was horrible though.  I still think he will be a very solid player for us.

Rogers:  I still think he is the weak link of our secondary.  I worry abuot him the most.  I truly feel like 2011 was an aberation, and he is actually a below average CB.  Lets hope our pass rush is good enough that it sort of masks his inefficiencies.

Hunter:  Glad he is back.  Our running game struggled the whole game, but Hunter had some nice plays and big first down pickups.  He is so much better than James is as a change of pace running back.  Happy he looks healthy.

Delay of Games/burning timeouts:  I dont think this is as much of a quarterback problem as this is a coaching problem.  there were a few times where I could see Kap standing looking at the sideline waiting for a play to come in.  Not to mention we shift more than any team in t he league....which obviously takes time to do.  This needs to be addressed, especially going into Seattle.

Spillman:  I love this dude.  He is such a stud on special teams.  Always makes a big play or 2 in a game.  Had a very nice tackle on a kickoff yesterday.  Wish we still had Costanzo to play with him.

Clay Matthews:  Dude can EAD.

Vernon:  I expect a monster year out of Vernon.  Very nice game yesterday, in spite of the one bomb clanking off of his hands that would have been a touchdown because the DB fell down.

Overall great start to the season.  We beat a very good team and didnt even play our best.  Fun game to be at.  Felt like a playoff game.  Should be a good game next week in Seattle.

dland24, I agree with everything you posted above except for the statements regarding Nnamdi.  From what I saw, dude was a liability the entire game.  From the very first pass that was caught on him, I knew Nnamdi was going to be food for the rest of the game, and so did Rodgers.  After that first completion on him, I thought Rodgers targeted Nnamdi on purpose. 

The only good play that he did make which was the deflected pass and he still looked out of position even on that.  Had his back turned numerous times and missed a key tackle that that led to a key first down on a 3rd and long for Green Bay that kept their drive alive.  Nnamdi has a long way to go from what I saw.   I really think dude is done.  

We will see about Nnamdi.  There were definitely many times on the field where he was right on his man, and Rodgers went elsewhere with the ball.  Now this is not something that is meant to be an insult, but you have no way of knowing this having not been at the game.  I rewatched the game last night on TV, and it honestly appeared Nnamdi had a worse game on TV than he did watching it in person.  Of course, the plays where Nnamdi actually had his man covered, werent captured on the TV broadcast, as TV typically follows the ball.  So all in all, yes, Nnamdi left a lot to be desired.  But he played good football for at least some of the game.

Another thing I forgot to add to the write-up:

Whitner:  Gotta give the guy credit for the tackle he made on the third to last play of the game.  His powerful tackle prevented the WR from getting out of bounds.  Had he gotten out of bounds, there could have been an entirely different outcome of the game. 

Delay of Games/burning timeouts:  I dont think this is as much of a quarterback problem as this is a coaching problem.  there were a few times where I could see Kap standing looking at the sideline waiting for a play to come in.  Not to mention we shift more than any team in t he league....which obviously takes time to do.  This needs to be addressed, especially going into Seattle.

Jim addressed this yesterday, said they may have to scale down the playbook this week, plus the Scott Tolzien signing didn't help because they had to change all the verbage in such a short time. Pointed out a few times where players didn't know where they were suppose to be. Doubt they'll scale down the playbook for Seattle though.

Jim addressed this yesterday, said they may have to scale down the playbook this week, plus the Scott Tolzien signing didn't help because they had to change all the verbage in such a short time. Pointed out a few times where players didn't know where they were suppose to be. Doubt they'll scale down the playbook for Seattle though.
Also remember, the 49ers had problems with the play clock when Alex Smith was the QB too.  So clearly, its not just a QB related problem.

Nnamdi just looked plain slow off the line yesterday. Anyone know what's up with Eric Wright?

hes not eligible to play for the first 6 weeks. i remember telling some niner fans that the biggest loss in the offseason wasn't crabtree, but culliver. :smh: cully get back asap.

Last edited:
http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/N...Decision/fe46a712-cee8-414b-a391-c8a3f39a44c1

great watch. the decision to start kaep and stick with him is greatly underplayed. For Harbaugh to say F everyone and go with his instincts when Alex was playing good was so ballsy and could be the move we look back and say "yup, that's when everything came together and the beginning of the greatness" ala walsh drafting joe. we could be looking back 15 years from now and debating who was the greater QB Kaep or Joe Cool. Yep, reach, but that's how much greatness I see in Kaep. Everyone called Luck the once in a generation player but I believe it is Kaep that is the incredibly rare talent that the NFL has never seen before. This kid is so special words dont do him justice.

ps good to hear joe starkey again

Last edited:
That was a good watch :pimp: :pimp:

DC 49ers fans... How are the seats in the 200 section midfield(49ers side) between the 40-40??? On stubhub it says limited view on all the tickets

Ready for Sunday hopefully someone not named Davis or Boldin can stretch the defense. We have to be able to spread the ball around can't just give the ball to Boldin and everyone else sits back and watches. Interesting to see who that 3rd option will be.

Back
Top Bottom