Delete

It's rough when you got Cardinals fans talking smack to you at work (I'm in AZ) :smh: :lol:

They are lurking right behind us though at 5-4 with a game at the Jaguars next week :\

Hopefully the Jags mysteriously come up with a win against them b/c that is not gonna be a good look for us if we lose to the Saints and end up being tied with them in the West :smh: :x

Last edited:
Come on bro.  You really gonna let Cardinals fans talk smack to you?  Like you dont have any ammunition to win that argument? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I hear a lot of talk on the radio about the lack of a vertical threat. What's different this year from last year in terms of vertical threats? How did we manage to get to the SB if our offense was/is so easy to scheme against with no vertical threats? Question I pose is did teams really respect the vertical threat of Randy Moss that much??? Delanie Walker? Teddy Ginn? Kyle Williams, who Kap hit on a sweet corner route catch in his debut, is still on this team.

Greg Roman really needs to help his QB out here. Remind him that it's ok to check down and give him plenty of "outs" if his intended read is not there. If you're going to have LMJ active on gamedays then plz use him. Line him up everywhere and have him run some drag, hitch, dig routes, screen, end around, ETC to get the ball into his hands.

Last edited:
I dont necessarily think its a lack of a deep threat per se, but I just think our receiving corps were just much better at getting open last year.  Like you illustrated, there were open receivers at times yesterday that Kap missed.  But those few plays are magnified because of how poorly he played yesterday. 

Generally speaking, the group of Michael Crabtree, Vernon Davis, Randy Moss, and Delanie Walker did a much better job of getting open consistently than the current group of Anquan Boldin, Vernon Davis, and whoever else we line up with them.  (It also doesn't come to a shock to me that Vernon Davis happened to be injured and miss most of the three games against the Colts, Seahawks and Panthers, but people dont bring that up.)  Even though neither Delanie or Moss caught a ton of passes, defenses still had to account for them or they would make an impact.  This also allowed Crabtree and Vernon more space to work in because they couldnt be doubleteamed as easily. 

So yes, jecca, I would say not having Moss and Delanie has made a huge difference.  Add that to the fact that we basically downgraded our #1 WR (slightly) to this point, and Vernon has missed time, it is not hard to understand why the passing game is struggling against the better defenses.

Come on bro.  You really gonna let Cardinals fans talk smack to you?  Like you dont have any ammunition to win that argument?  :lol:

dland24 dland24

Maybe it's just me being passive aggressive :lol: but I'm just not one to waste my time and entertain Cardinals fans with trash talk. I mean 80% of em only became "fans" after their Super Bowl run in 2009 :rolleyes :stoneface:

Of course, those Cards fair-weather fans know they got nothing on the 49ers; they can't even use their once go-to zinger about how they've been to a SB and playoffs more recently than us anymore :rofl:

Doesn't stop them from always coming at me saying "I hate the 49ers man!" and I'm just like "well...I don't really have any hate for you because there's nothing really to hate on. >D"

It's also how I am in general, I don't start bragging and celebrating about a regular season win and try not to freak out after a loss. I like to just let things play out and let the results speak for themselves. Just soldier on and keep grinding until we get that Lombardi trophy again. I know trash talking between fans is just part of being a fan and the water cooler type talk but I just don't see a point in celebrating a regular season win like these Cards fans often do. I don't care about regular season wins or division titles: I only care about that SB and that's how I view us in comparison to these Chicken head teams :lol:

Last edited:
Well put. I go to the Niner game in Arizona every year because my parents live out there and its an excuse to go see them.  I can verify that their fanbase is a joke.  I dont get into arguments with the smack talkers at the game for obvious reasons....but coworkers?  I'd fire right back!
laugh.gif

I guess you can say its his sophmore slump. Its just not that bad becuase of gore and the defense. Dude needs to figure it out quick. He seems to suck when he gets pressured, or is force to move to the left.

i also think Alex Smith was a great mentor. he's the one with the brains.

Smith never posed buttbootymnekid, for one.

He seems to suck when he gets pressured, or is force to move to the left.

granted Kaep can hold onto the ball for way too long, I'll give him credit for extending plays when he gets pressure, breaking out of the pocket and giving receivers time to run back to him. i can't believe people here are actually calling for the return of alex smith..children, please. well into his 6th and 7th seasons, when alex smith received pressure in the pocket, how many times did he just coil up and fall onto the ground? at least kaep is trying to step up and get the ball out.

not to mention, the pressure he was getting yesterday was happening almost as soon as the ball was snapped. I don't think there's many QBs who are going to be successful given how our o-line played yesterday on 3 and 4 man rushes. we looked as terrible as the raiders o-line has looked this season with all their injuries.

maybe i'm not seeing this, but why is roman not dialing up a screen pass here and there? if the pressure is getting into kaep's face that quickly, why not exploit that over aggressive pass rush?

--edit--

edit: our o-line played terrible on passing downs and pretty good on running plays. i don't want to be a kaep-homer, trust me, he should shoulder some responsibility for yesterday's loss (especially that stupid interception with a lot of time to move into FG range) but how we abandoned the run game and couldn't get into reasonable 2nd and 3rd downs is unexplainable and not just a kaep issue.

Last edited:
Greg Cosell speaks on Colin Kaepernick's struggles

http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=851&c=4831&f=2088053

pretty much sum up what i posted yesterday :smh:

Who showed up? Did you not watch the game? I specifically remember at least 4 throws Kap missed where guys were wide open. The separation is there we've proven it on this thread. You really think the wide receivers are getting shut down every game, against every team? And if his wide receivers are locked down why isn't he checking down? Are they locked up too?

Please tell me how many times Kap is throwing his wide receivers open and/or progressing PAST the intended designed primary target. Please show me examples of hot read being used. And the receivers have nothing to do with the mental part of the game. Kap is not adjusting and taking what the defense is giving him. I can go on and on.

summed it up last page:

"Greg Roman and Kaepernick are the problem with this offense. Greg Roman makes no adjustments even when he sees how much pressure CAR was getting. Where are the quick reads, 3 step drops? Slants? Screens? Where is Kap's out?

And Kaepernick is horrible when he has to progress thru multiple reads. Where's your hot read Kap? How about stepping UP into the pocket instead of letting them squeeze you out to your left? Kap literally goes to the line and pre-determines his read without thinking twice. Why isn't he going to his hot read instead of going to the play's primary target? No QB IQ. mean.gif"

that and 16 ******g carries for frank.

this gif right here sums up our offense this season. :stoneface:

iDIyk8eRtqnXA.gif

Last edited:
Good game yall. While I still feel like Carolina doesn't get the respect it deserves yall gave us a hell of a game. It was tough and gritty all around. The defense on both sides really shined. Here's hoping yall give New Orleans that L next week

Last edited:
Eric Reid might not comeback this season and Ed Reed just got released. I wonder if we give him a shot...:nerd:

Eric Reid might not comeback this season and Ed Reed just got released. I wonder if we give him a shot...:nerd:

Was thinking the same thing, if he's healthy it might be a good idea. I'm not a fan of Dahl at all

Peace out KW. You'll always be infamous in 49er lore. :smh:

Watch Kyle Williams go to a team like the Patriots and thrive.

Last edited:
Wait, jecca I am confused.  Why does that gif sum up our season?

And, the reason why I disagree with your assessment of Kap is because what he is struggling to do or not doing now, is something that we have seen him do over and over again.  Its easy to say he "can't" go through his progressions because he is struggling with them right now....but we HAVE seen him do very well in this area in the past. 

Another thing Cossell said was he has trouble with anticipation throws.  Again, while this may have been true at times this season, he HAS been successful with these kind of throws in the past!

Kap played very poorly yesterday.  But even this season, Kap has played good ball.  I still have faith he will snap out of it.  Hopefully that will coincide with Crabtree, Vernon and Manningham all being on the field together.

Last edited:
Wait, jecca I am confused.  Why does that gif sum up our season?

a designed screen to....anthony dixon. :stoneface: rarely dial up a screen and when they do they use anthony dixon... what's next? end around to bruce miller?

sums up the failure of the coaches to utilize their personnel and maximize their strengths. :smh:

Last edited:
Damn Im pissed about Eric Reid... Fun as hell watching him play out there, now he wont be here for the lastt half of the season :smh: :smh:

Who Kyle got released for?

Damn Im pissed about Eric Reid... Fun as hell watching him play out there, now he wont be here for the lastt half of the season :smh: :smh:

Who Kyle got released for?

Apparently we signed a cornerback, Daxton Swanson

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom