Delete

I like that the FO is in negotiations with Brown and his agent, but just pay the man what he was due. I mean, it's not like it's Carlos Rogers money we're talking about here, and he's better than Rogers! I wouldn't want to risk him leaving because he thinks the FO is stingy.

2004 was the last year of the abysmal Dennis Erickson era when they went 2-14 and used the #1 overall pick on Alex Smsith.

2005 was when they went 4-12 in Nolan's 1st year. I remember us optimists were all "proud" saying Nolan doubled our wins from last year
roll.gif
mean.gif
and the hype was real about Reggie Bush that year
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
. Bush seemed destined to be a 49er since he was high school teammates with Alex Smith and I just thought it'd been funny our backfield would have been "Bush and Gore". Luckily, they fell to #6 and took Vernon
nthat.gif
shoulda went 0-16 in 04 if i recall correctly.     they were  losing by 16 late in the 4th against arizona at home that year and came back and won in overtime,  the second arizona game they blew a big lead but won in overtime.  aside from the 08 lions, that was probably the worst team i've ever seen.

i remember being semi excited in 05 when they beat the rams in week 1 at home, had a lead and lost to dallas in the final seconds in week 3 then it was all downhilll aside from the last 2 weeks that season,

funny thing is they showed a decent amount of improvement in 06. alex smith made strides with norv turner as the offensive coordinator, they were either tied for 1st place or a game back in november that year and had some good wins.   won in denver in week 17 to knock them out the playoffs and swept seattle that season.  i remember thinking they would be good in 2007 and they stunk it up that year.

man those were the dark ages
laugh.gif

Man, they started 2-0 in 07...
Got slammed by the Steelers week 3 and that was all she wrote :lol:

After that 06 season, I thought they would compete for a playoff spot

Man, they started 2-0 in 07...
Got slammed by the Steelers week 3 and that was all she wrote :lol:

After that 06 season, I thought they would compete for a playoff spot

I remember it all to well. I remember gore ripping a real nice run against the rams in week 2. 07 was worse then 05 and arguably 04 to me. I knew they were going to suck those years so I wasn't expecting anything those seasons. I had some type of expectations for 07 after the progress they made in 06

Singletary was an awful coach but a good
Leader. How bout a couple years back when Nate Clements sealed the deal on that interception of Matt Ryan but roddy white chased him down and he fumbled. That was a heart breaker

Leader. How bout a couple years back when Nate Clements sealed the deal on that interception of Matt Ryan but roddy white chased him down and he fumbled. That was a heart breaker

Sad thing is dre bly commited a similar stupid fumble on a similar play the season before at home against atlanta.

Another year with decent expectations which was a letdown lmao. I remember almost everyone thinking they would win the division by default that season. (The year Seattle won it at 7-9) because Kurt Warner had just retired. Then that 0-5 start happened. I was at the game against Philly where Alex smith fumbled and the entire crowd ripped him apart.

Yeah bro I went to the game couple years back went all the way to Carolina to watch them play from DC and they lost to a Carolina team that was 0-4 and starting Matt Moore. Carolina picked first overall following the year so we lost to the worst team in football. I was 4 rows away from the niner bench letting Alex smith and David Carr have it. Security eventually asked me to stop I was ruthless that day.

Last edited:

Sad thing is dre bly commited a similar stupid fumble on a similar play the season before at home against atlanta.

Another year with decent expectations which was a letdown lmao. I remember almost everyone thinking they would win the division by default that season. (The year Seattle won it at 7-9) because Kurt Warner yhad just retired. Then that 0-5 start happened. I was at the game against Philly where Alex smith fumbled and the entire crowd ripped him apart.

:lol:
I walked out of the bar when Alex threw that pick 6, went outside and dropped like 7 F-bombs.
Some broad was like "calm down, its just football"

She then became a victim of one of my profanity laced tirades :rofl:

i was at that bears 49ers game in 06 when we were down 41-0 at the half. i couldn't even get mad. lol. i was defeated by then so it hurt even worse when there was optimism at the end of the year and started 2-0 the next season.

Talbert

I'm in bro but how much loot and how would that work. I'm already in two leagues with my boys outside of the Internet haha

Ive never done F football. Might have to give it a try.

On another note it looks like nnandi is going to be 3rd cb. Id expect him to be on the other teams best wr, while carlos moves inside. But nnandi better be looking for another number cause boobie aint going nowhere

Those were some really rough times though >: :rofl: :x :stoneface:

I swear from 2004-2008; any ESPN Sportscenter Top 10 NFL highlight involved the 49ers getting embarrassed in some form or fashion. "Nathan Vasher returns Joe Nedney's missed FG for an NFL record 108 yards for a TD!!!" :smh:

:rofl: Straight up delusional back then when at different points in time, I actually thought herbs like Tim Rattay, Ken Dorsey and J.T. O'Sullivan could become sleeper steal long-term QB's for them. Never was sold on Shaun Hill and Troy Smith.

Last edited:
Dude on here, who was also famous on the 49er message board swore up and down that Sean Hill was as good as Montana, and was serious. What was his damn NT screename?

Keeping it in the dark ages.

I dont know what is worse thinking jt osulivan was going to be the next kurt warner or thinking nate davis was the next brady, after his preseason performace.

Also shaun hill was the best ab performace wise we had during the drak days. But those ducks he would throw were alsways on point.

Who knew we had so much talent we just needed the right head coach.

Frank gore is the testament through all those bad years he still never once asked out of the situation like a lot of players who go to the pro bowl for bad teams beg their agents for a trade.

Shaun hill is a competent second string quarterback though every time he came n for a hurt Matt stafford in Detroit he did his thing. Idk how either dude has Jeff Garcia arm strength.

Back
Top Bottom