*| | Denim _ School | |*

My raw denim go soaked in the rain today and I really need them for tomorrow and over the weekend since I'm leaving town.

Do you guys know how long it takes to dry? I've left them inside out in the sun for about 2 hrs now. Are there any faster methods (no dryer please)?Thanks!

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

hey guys, just got a new pair of nudie and they are a little too big and long for me, whats the best way of "shrinking" it? washing them?
hot soak in the tub
thats it? just hot water in the tub? for how long do i leave them there?
nerd.gif

I can never find a pair of jeans I like...
smh.gif
frown.gif

I wear the hell out of my Black 501 STFs.

I know i saw it at some point in the thread but I couldn't find it again...does anyone know any discount codes on APC NS jeans? I'm looking to buy apair but would rather not pay retail....

I know nothing about denim. I just found out that jeans "bleed" the other day. what's a good method for taking those blue stains off of my laces?

Originally Posted by Lunatic 809

I know nothing about denim. I just found out that jeans "bleed" the other day. what's a good method for taking those blue stains off of my laces?
Throw em in the washing machine.

I'm here to collect my diploma...thanks to everyone providing great intel on great denim.

I've just graduated class of 2009 in denim....

and purchased my first pair of APC New Standards today.

I also picked up some shrink to fit 501's (and a pair of 511's which I may return lol).

I honestly, love my Diesels more than anything in the world, but I'm willing to try this new experiment with RAW APC's and see how it goes...

good looking out ya'll...

^ Congrats on the pickup, I hope to get a pair of New Standards in the near future too.
But I have a question, I'm about to purchase a pair of Cheap Mondays. Should I size down on them or go with my actual size?

Ladies and gentlemen of NT...

I don't know how I've been living for the longest time wearing denim from all these other brands with washes and funky cuts....

I honestly feel like a new man in these APC's

They're a little tight stlll obviously (since I got them yesterday), but for the second day, these are not THAAAAT uncomfy as some make them sound.

Honestly if I didn't buy the last one on the rack in my size, I would have went back and got another pair today, these are incredible lol....

i bought some nudie slim jims from blues jean bar yesterday. is it really ideal to wear it for 6 months without washing like it says on the tag?

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

i bought some nudie slim jims from blues jean bar yesterday. is it really ideal to wear it for 6 months without washing like it says on the tag?

slim jim isnt a bad cut, as far as wearing is concerned....

if you snagged any of their deep dark blue indigo 98, or 100 percent cotton blends, try and go as absolutely long as possible between washes. I would recommendnever
washing denim unless absolutely necessary. If you are offending people with your jeans, wash them...otherwise, jeans (indigo, selvedge/non-selvedge) andwashing
machines should steer clear of each other.

--Wear the denim for 6 - 9 months
--if you feel the jeans haven't worn in well with normal dry wear:
---fold your jeans in half through the middle waist to drop
---roll jeans up tightly rubber band at either end of your rolled denim
---place denim "roll" in a 5 gallon bucket with at least 4 gallons cold water, and perhaps a tray of ice.
---leave your jeans to soak overnight, the water should stay cold and most likely will alter your fabric/stitching/dye coating very little, but will give wayto wear more over the time you own your jeans.

if you snagged the overdye black with gold stitch 96.5% cotton -
dont worry about not washing, just make sure you use cold water/woolite black..these wont really "wear in" a whole lot as they hold their dye verywell, and as of a year and a
half of dedicated wear with that particular pair of jeans, I can confidently say that they wore in very little almost none.

keep in mind that i have worn some pairs of jeans (apc included) that have worn very little with "casual" wear. walking around wont wearjeans...working in them play hard in
them, go to the beach in them, get them dusty, for a year and then throw them in a cold wash cycle for an awesome natural wear.

probably a million opinions on denim, theres mine.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I'm here to collect my diploma...thanks to everyone providing great intel on great denim.

I've just graduated class of 2009 in denim....

and purchased my first pair of APC New Standards today.

I also picked up some shrink to fit 501's (and a pair of 511's which I may return lol).

I honestly, love my Diesels more than anything in the world, but I'm willing to try this new experiment with RAW APC's and see how it goes...

good looking out ya'll...

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

That was beyond corny fam, but congrats. Have fun making them honeycombs.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Ladies and gentlemen of NT...

I don't know how I've been living for the longest time wearing denim from all these other brands with washes and funky cuts....

I honestly feel like a new man in these APC's

They're a little tight stlll obviously (since I got them yesterday), but for the second day, these are not THAAAAT uncomfy as some make them sound.

Honestly if I didn't buy the last one on the rack in my size, I would have went back and got another pair today, these are incredible lol....
no need to have two pairs of APC's, just wear yours everyday for the next year
pimp.gif
sick.gif

i slept in my raw denim for the first 3 days i had them to break them in

im real new to this and wanted to know which APC's fit like levis 501's/514's. Im basically looking for a foot opening that is not that big becausei hate when jeans cover up half the shoe.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

short answer : yes

White Denim.

Anyone have and wear them?

I'm considering a pair, but my fear is that I'll always be leaning at the lounge or park against a wall or tree for fear of sitting down and dirtyingup my pants lol...

This image had me thinkin of pullin the trigger....

JKISSIboatSHOE.png

Any thoughts on these Levi's "Imprint" Jeans? They apparently wear at an incredible rate, speeding up the whole fading/honeycombing process.
picture-13.png

picture-17.png

Considering giving them a shot for the hell of it given the pricing on them.

Back
Top Bottom