*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Boot and Leg

I know I know. I'm looking for a blue pair though. I tried out the supreme collabo but my god, I'm a grown man, why do i need f'em stiched on the back for?

that @#$% is beyond corny
sick.gif

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Gap 1969's
anyone have experience with them
88 bucks, nice dark wash, selvedge (sp) japanese denim
I've had a couple pairs, didn't like how they fit but they were like 12 bucks each at the time.
Here's the only pair I actually ended up wearing, this was at like 4-5 months after a wash but then they shrunk and didn't fit me.

check out naked and famous denim, i saw a bunch of pairs for $115-$120. or if you want to go cheap levis 511. basically any jeans that are somewhat of a skinnyfit should get you good stacks

Hey the only place that carries N & F at the moment in Philly is Barneys & they're charing $175 wassup with that?

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Hey the only place that carries N & F at the moment in Philly is Barneys & they're charing $175 wassup with that?
http://www.tobi.com/men/h...d/474-naked-famous-denim

theres some for 115 and 120

i dont know anything about their fits though

what would be closest to the new standards?
Tobi does 30-40% sale quite often so don't cop now. Sign up for their newsletter.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Tobi does 30-40% sale quite often so don't cop now. Sign up for their newsletter.

eek.gif
does it have exclusions?

APCs are pretty popular for exclusions

How do you guys feel about uniqlo jeans? I've been wearing Levis for the past two years and I think I need to move up but APC is kind of pricey is thereany medium?

C-dub, that's a decent fading for the GAP 1969 selvedge. Can you tell me how you went about doing that? Like did you soak before you started wearing em, orhow many times they were washed?

Thanks a lot I will be anticipating that sale

eek.gif
does it have exclusions?

APCs are pretty popular for exclusions
and its no different with tobi. But they did have one for 15% with no exclusions back in august. got my rescues for $131

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

C-dub, that's a decent fading for the GAP 1969 selvedge. Can you tell me how you went about doing that? Like did you soak before you started wearing em, or how many times they were washed?
No soaks/washes before wearing. I think I did a cold soak around 3 months and a wash around 5 months, I don't remember exactly cause those areform a couple years ago. I know the wash was either hot or warm, so they ended up shrinking a lot and I couldn't wear them at all after.

If I wanted to taper my 501s STF, should I get them tapered before or after the soak? Also does anyone have any pics or experience with them stacking well?

Can anyone school me on the reasons for TAPERING a pair of jeans? How would I go about doing that? Would it be good to taper straight fit jeans? and pics oftapered jeans?

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

^ I had some 501 STF and my stacks would NOT come.
Wasted $40 on those
smh.gif

What are you guys talking about when you say "stacks?" Do you mean honeycombs? Because "stacks" or "stalking" generally refers tothe way the jeans stack towards the bottom of the leg when you buy a longer inseam. Honeycombs (which I am assuming you are talking about) are the wrinklesthat form behind the knee, generally on more fitted pairs of jeans.

Also, I'm a little confused about this: Why would a tapered pair of jeans "stack" any more than a non-tapered pair? Maybe I'm missingsomething, but from what I am getting from this, it sounds like you don't nessecarily need to find a tapered pair of jeans to achieve the look that youwant.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

^ I had some 501 STF and my stacks would NOT come.
Wasted $40 on those
smh.gif

What are you guys talking about when you say "stacks?" Do you mean honeycombs? Because "stacks" or "stalking" generally refers to the way the jeans stack towards the bottom of the leg when you buy a longer inseam. Honeycombs (which I am assuming you are talking about) are the wrinkles that form behind the knee, generally on more fitted pairs of jeans.

Also, I'm a little confused about this: Why would a tapered pair of jeans "stack" any more than a non-tapered pair? Maybe I'm missing something, but from what I am getting from this, it sounds like you don't nessecarily need to find a tapered pair of jeans to achieve the look that you want.
Yeah I'm talking about stacking, I'm asking because I've never seen someone wear STF's where stacking was involved. Also fortapered jeans is what I prefer, I hate big openings on the bottom

Originally Posted by MaddenFan04

Gap 1969's
anyone have experience with them
88 bucks, nice dark wash, selvedge (sp) japanese denim

Horrible FIT and DENIM. There are various different kinds, but don't expect a great result in fades. These are more 1washes or rinse already.
I have a pair of goghs back from the hype days, comparing to others in fit and denim, its like the girbaud shuttle pants of raw denim

weird guys is closest to ns. black friday is coming up, maybe a sale then.

~Lefty

Back
Top Bottom