*| | Denim _ School | |*

I've had my indigo NS by APC for almost a year, I finally got the inseam taken up to about 31.5" (I'm 5'10'') and they fit almostperfectly for me. I'm considering soaking them but I honestly don't want the color to fade.

I have a black pair of NS but I gained so much weight in the past year I can't fit in them (I could barely squeeze in em when I was in shape
frown.gif
).

Overall I'm happy with APC, I've owned three pairs of denim from them and I have no complaints. I lurk in this thread sometimes to see what yall bammasare up to but I can't afford $300-500 pants.

My-T.

does levis 501 stf stretch when you wear them how like say APC does>? im about to buy a pair now. i generally wear 34 cus i sag a little but i wanna try a33 or even 32.

wat should i do? I was thinking about getting some 3sixteen, apc, or N&F... which brand do u guys think is overall better? halp me im wearing fubu jeansatm and need new jeans halp.

Originally Posted by tecca nena

you could make a project out of anything but your not going to get the same results
So most people do this on raw denim then?
Also, is the sizing down only suggested for raw denim, or for non-raw as well? And is it only APC that people size down on, or other brands as well?

yeah, there are many factors in raw denim that make it stretch or shrink more... You generally dont have to worry about these in prewashed jeans.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Gap has good jeans. Im getting into their Authentic cut jeans (selvedge). $88 but Gap always has discounts around. I grabbed mine for around $60.

Where can one locate a few of these said "discounts"...
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JordanF1end

do they make nudies in a 40 waist? or is that a reach?
frown.gif
i actually sized down 2 sizes for my slim jims, so maybe 38 might be perfect

some people only size down 1 because the thigh gets a little too tight sizing down 1

i would just suggest trying them on

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

anyone here rock imperial denim? how do they fit compare to APC NS? good looks
ive got a pair of imperial dukes and they are
pimp.gif

i sized down 1 but they stretched a good deal, in terms of fit, i think the NS is more of a slim fit compared to the dukes

quality wise, imperial just feels
eek.gif
when you put em on.

they say APC is the raw denim for "starters" so i guess when you're throwing out a few more bills for a pair of denim imperials might be a fewlevels above
tongue.gif

talk to kiya, he may be able to hook you up with a discount or unlisted sizes

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

Originally Posted by tecca nena

you could make a project out of anything but your not going to get the same results
So most people do this on raw denim then?
Also, is the sizing down only suggested for raw denim, or for non-raw as well? And is it only APC that people size down on, or other brands as well?
sizing down is generally associated with raw denim as they are unwashed and applies to most brands not just APC, such as imperial, nudies, etc.

a sizing chart is usually given in terms of how much to size down as each brand and style varies differently in terms of how much to go down, or you can justconsult this thread and get the feedback of other members as there are different preferences

such as a chart may tell you to size down 2, but someone who did size down 2 felt the thighs were too tight and would suggest only one

Cincybcats - selfedge.com /// denimbaronline.com /// contextclothing.com (i think those are the sites off the top of my head)

Lalph Rauren - it depends on what your definition of "best jeans" is in terms of fit, quality, and material, and "best price" is based onhow much you're willing to spend

Presumed - APC's are gonna run you about $165 (based on the comments stated recently in this thread) I know they used to run $140, but just base your priceoff of that...contextclothing has it for $155 (just checked)

Mycold - if you're comparing NS** and NC, NC is tighter/slimmer, not sure what PS is

kix4kix - id look into nudie slim jims, that might be the "tad bit" tighter youre looking for

nolanDW - id try to get the crease out with some steam like a hot steam shower or something and then just throw them on soon after and hopefully you can justwear the crease out; other then that i don't have any other suggestions,
ohwell.gif
let me know how that works for you though. my aunt washed and dried my slim jims
mad.gif
and i've yet to wear them again, it just lost its sheen and black coat anddidn't feel the same, hopefully yours turn out alright

lasosluv - regular alf may be a tad bit skinnier with a bit less rise, im not sure about the rest of the nudies though

kix - let me know how it works out for ya man!

Originally Posted by kien

Cincybcats - selfedge.com /// denimbaronline.com /// contextclothing.com (i think those are the sites off the top of my head)

Lalph Rauren - it depends on what your definition of "best jeans" is in terms of fit, quality, and material, and "best price" is based on how much you're willing to spend

Presumed - APC's are gonna run you about $165 (based on the comments stated recently in this thread) I know they used to run $140, but just base your price off of that...contextclothing has it for $155 (just checked)

Mycold - if you're comparing NS** and NC, NC is tighter/slimmer, not sure what PS is

kix4kix - id look into nudie slim jims, that might be the "tad bit" tighter youre looking for

nolanDW - id try to get the crease out with some steam like a hot steam shower or something and then just throw them on soon after and hopefully you can just wear the crease out; other then that i don't have any other suggestions,
ohwell.gif
let me know how that works for you though. my aunt washed and dried my slim jims
mad.gif
and i've yet to wear them again, it just lost its sheen and black coat and didn't feel the same, hopefully yours turn out alright

petite standard.....petite something lol.....

The crotch area on my jeans busted. Not too busted.

What can the tailor do to fix this? Or should I patch it up myself?

I washed my Nudies after a year of wearing them...I didn't soak them so they have almost little to no fades, creases
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom