*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by davizzy

what is the best way to wash your denim with minimum indigo loss? I heard using woollite dark was good to prevent much indigo loss. Was hoping not to wash the jeans for awhile longer, but they got a little too dirty for my liking.
turn them inside out and wash on cold water. use only a very small amount of detergent. this will help keep color intact.

I ended up buying a pair of APC new standards because the store didn't have rescues, so I sized up from a 29 to a 30 for a better fit
30t6p3b.gif
.  I read around saying I should have went down 2 sizes due to stretching.  Are they gonna end up stretching out too much
nerd.gif
?  Does anyone wash or soak before the first wear?...

last few pages::
on washing jeans:
woolite black and gentle (if any) agitation id recommend folding jeans in half and rolling them up and rubber banding the rolled up jeans for the least amount of fade.  it wont really clean the jeans as much as it will just make them smell a bit better...but no one wants crispy clean jeans anyway.

kiya/self edge:
great great stuff last page and in store (was in this week) really really wanted that dry bones cat shirt, would've made my day, but didnt see it...noticed its sold out online, so that explains it... really ridiculously awesome button up though.  if you come across another small size let me know!

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

I ended up buying a pair of APC new standards because the store didn't have rescues, so I sized up from a 29 to a 30 for a better fit
30t6p3b.gif
.  I read around saying I should have went down 2 sizes due to stretching.  Are they gonna end up stretching out too much
nerd.gif

how tight are they on you? They should be at least a little tight on you. APCs will end up stretching out a lot. I have stretched mine out 1-2 sizes and they were pretty tight on me when i first bought them. Just wear your jeans till they need a soak/wash.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

30t6p3b.gif
nerd.gif

how tight are they on you? They should be at least a little tight on you. APCs will end up stretching out a lot. I have stretched mine out 1-2 sizes and they were pretty tight on me when i first bought them. Just wear your jeans till they need a soak/wash.
They're somewhat tight around my knees, but the waist isn't tight at all.  Actually, I'd probably need a belt to wear them.  I didn't want them too skinny though, I was looking for more of a straight leg fit, but you can probably tell I don't know much about raw denim (first pair)
ohwell.gif

after wearing neighborhood denim for many years, i decided to try something different. i pm'ed kiya and he was super helpful. ended up getting a pair of iron heart overdyed slim 301's. i should have done this years ago. i love the feel of the denim and the fit is great (thanks kiya). the overdye is simply amazing to look at in the sunlight. can't wait to see them fade. 

Hey, so mainly I've been wearing Levi's and I'm thinking about switching over to True Religion. Good idea or bad? Also, I usually wear Levi's 510. Are there any True Religions that are equivalent to 510 in terms of skinniness? Thanks.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Hey, so mainly I've been wearing Levi's and I'm thinking about switching over to True Religion. Good idea or bad? Also, I usually wear Levi's 510. Are there any True Religions that are equivalent to 510 in terms of skinniness? Thanks.
I say bad, TR quality is meh well unless you can go to T.J. Maxx and find them for a much better price. I know majority of TR's are a straight or boot cut, I personally haven't seen a slim/skinny cut  for men.

TR are trash and overpriced. Go with some apc's petite standards or new standards sized down.

i have some unbranded brand selvedge denim, its my first test pair of jeans for me to break in; the fit is the skinny fit but still feels too baggy; i was considering getting it tailored to my exact body's fit. has anyone done this before or recommend doing so?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

just cop some uniqlos from japan on ebay.  you can get them for under 100 a pair and the quality is great.  that's what i'm rocking now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNIQLO-JAPAN-DE...124816?pt=US_CSA_MC_Jeans&hash=item1e6269e090

so i just went through about 17 pages from searching "levi 511" and from what i understand....
if i wear a 29x30 in levis 511 i should get APC NS in a 27? are there any other pairs of raw denim that fit similar to 511s? im looking for some that might eventually fade like these momotaros:
thumb.php

any help would be appreciated

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

so i just went through about 17 pages from searching "levi 511" and from what i understand....

if i wear a 29x30 in levis 511 i should get APC NS in a 27? are there any other pairs of raw denim that fit similar to 511s? im looking for some that might eventually fade like these momotaros:

thumb.php

I would like to know this too. I wear 32x30 in levis 511 should I get APC sx 30 or 29?

Originally Posted by Freakazoid

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

thumb.php

I would like to know this too. I wear 32x30 in levis 511 should I get APC sx 30 or 29?
Other pairs like 511s: cheap monday tight, nudie super slim kim, BDG skinny

Size down 2 for a perfect fit, or size down 3 for a slim fit.

i've been having a hard time finding naked and famous weird guys in a 27. it was backordered for me on tobi for 3 months so I just cancelled it. anyone know of a spot to get these?

Originally Posted by ghettocat

is there a page for a "cliffs notes" on all this stuff?

im going to buy naked and famous weird guys this weekend from barneys.  i just want to know about what to do as far as wash/wear and break in.

Wear the jeans

Wash them when you want

The general “rule

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Im a true religion fiend

youre an uneducated consumer, that throws away money on trash girl denim.

Made in the USA, fresh bootcut, horshoes on the back pocket ... you already know 
pimp.gif

went down to self edge in nyc thursday and copped these (semi-retiring my a.p.c rescue's.. almost a good 4 years strong.. will post pics soon):
IMAG0023.jpg

Back
Top Bottom