*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by nikeairon

Does anyone know a quick way to fade denim? I just got a Levi denim jacket and its a few shades darker than I expected...Thanks for the help in advance guys

Buy denim that's unsanforized, that ages 5 times as fast as sanforized denim.

Those Roys
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Can someone recommend me some shoes that will look good with non-skinny/slim legs. I've been trying to break some jeans in, but I hate how they look with every pair of shoes I usually wear [that wont get stained].

Pant leg is around 7.5-8".

Will some Chucks do the trick?

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Can someone recommend me some shoes that will look good with non-skinny/slim legs. I've been trying to break some jeans in, but I hate how they look with every pair of shoes I usually wear [that wont get stained].

Pant leg is around 7.5-8".

Will some Chucks do the trick?

apc's? I usually rock some vans or dark colored sneakers. Im pretty sure chucks will do the trick too. OR You can try soaking just the ends of the jeans to get some of the excess indigo out. if you dont already you can cuff your jeans so it wont stain your sneakers.

Originally Posted by davizzy

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by kiendienn

i think that's your best option.  just rock em around the house and theyll stretch out in due time, APC is notorious for stretching 2-4 sizes
laugh.gif

were you planning on pre-soaking?

throw up some pics while youre at it!

nah i wasnt gonna pre soak, would that process make it shrink a lil? 

Yeah they will shrink after a pre soak. If you want to minimize the shrinking soak in cold water. If you want lots of shrinking soak in hot water.
APC's don't need a pre-soak.  They are already soaked before they are dyed so they aren't going to shrink anymore.  pre-soaking is for unsanforized denim, which hasn't been pre shrunk before being dyed.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by davizzy

Originally Posted by GreyFoxx

Originally Posted by kiendienn

i think that's your best option.  just rock em around the house and theyll stretch out in due time, APC is notorious for stretching 2-4 sizes
laugh.gif

were you planning on pre-soaking?

throw up some pics while youre at it!

nah i wasnt gonna pre soak, would that process make it shrink a lil? 

Yeah they will shrink after a pre soak. If you want to minimize the shrinking soak in cold water. If you want lots of shrinking soak in hot water.
APC's don't need a pre-soak.  They are already soaked before they are dyed so they aren't going to shrink anymore.  pre-soaking is for unsanforized denim, which hasn't been pre shrunk before being dyed.

all denim shrinks, it doesnt matter if its sanforized or unsanforized. It is just that unsanforized shrinks more than sanforized. My apc's shrunk in the inseam and the rise got wayy to uncomfortable so i just stopped wearing them
Originally Posted by tecca nena

Damb! Roy makes all those jeans himself!?

Yeah that is why he doesnt have restocks on jeans too often. I really like the details that he puts in his jeans... I was blown away when some dude in my class showed them to me

Last month we had a party at Self Edge Los Angeles, our SELA photographer Farhad Samari shot some photos, check em out.

Lot's of internet famous people in these shots along with Mike Harris from Jeans of the Old West, Christophe from Mister Freedom, MarkMont, Giles from IH.UK, Ajchen/JL77 from 3sixteen, Bin from YMFY, OneManCult, Beatle, and more..

Im new to denim and I am wondering what brands to recommend me to check out if I want a pair of jeans that are like the levis 501 but the problem with 501s are at the bottom of the leg they always eat my shoes unless I cuff them or hide behind the tongue. What brand and fit can u recommend for me to check out? Id like fit that is straight leg but is cut smaller at the bottom so the jeans dont eat my shoes.price is anywhere from 75-150. Please any help is appreciated.

So im pretty skinny/lanky guy (6'1)

I have naked and famous deep indigo in the slim guy fit size 31. they feel a little roomy on the waist from when I first got them
but just a little
I normally buy size 32 in jeans (J crew/levi) in the the waist and still have some room. Im probably a true 30/31

should I buy APC NS in a size 30 or 29????

Question. Looking to cop my first pair of raw denim. Not trying to spend too much because it's my first pair. I'm a fan of how levis 501's fit and I cuff my jeans as well. I recently found some unbranded's on sale and I'm wondering if I should cop the tapered or the skinny fit. Also concerned about the length since only the waist is listed on these, I'm 6'2 and I don't want them too short
laugh.gif
Any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by kiyab

Last month we had a party at Self Edge Los Angeles, our SELA photographer Farhad Samari shot some photos, check em out.

Lot's of internet famous people in these shots along with Mike Harris from Jeans of the Old West, Christophe from Mister Freedom, MarkMont, Giles from IH.UK, Ajchen/JL77 from 3sixteen, Bin from YMFY, OneManCult, Beatle, and more..
2 pairs of jeans on at a time? 
nerd.gif
 info on that. and party looks dope all those denim heads. 

Originally Posted by kix28

Im new to denim and I am wondering what brands to recommend me to check out if I want a pair of jeans that are like the levis 501 but the problem with 501s are at the bottom of the leg they always eat my shoes unless I cuff them or hide behind the tongue. What brand and fit can u recommend for me to check out? Id like fit that is straight leg but is cut smaller at the bottom so the jeans dont eat my shoes.price is anywhere from 75-150. Please any help is appreciated.

well in that price range you can get some UO jeans id say the tapered fit, or some naked and famous. idk how those fit. or you can browse ebay. 

I just soaked some Staple jeans and the water is yellow. I mean completely yellow like urine.
The jeans haven't been worn a lot. Bought them around a year or two ago and am just going to start wearing them. I've worn them maybe once or twice before [not to the extent that the yellow can be dirt].

Can anyone explain why the jeans are releasing yellow dye(?) ?

So I'm looking to get some new denim this year (I had a pair of Grim Tim's last year). I'm looking to get either a pair of APC NS or PRPS Barracuda. Which do you guys think is better as far as fit/price/etc?

Th3kid, APC's just get the job done. Don't get me wrong I LOVE PRPS and have a bunch of barracuda fit jeans but be prepared to spend $$$. As far as selvedge, APC. Comfort, unique fades, styles, cuts PRPS. APC's do fade quick though.

Do you guys wash your jeans or dry clean? sorry for the stupid question..................

Iron Heart Beatle Buster OD and SBG Jeans & 12oz Denim Workshirt

We've just received two new jeans from Iron Heart, both in the Beatle Buster fit but in new denim.

Along with the new jeans we've gotten a small run of their new selvedge denim workshirt. This shirt has a great fit to it and due to the shade and feel of the denim it looks as though this may age faster than denim shirts we've carried in the past.

One of the jeans is an overdyed version of the original Beatle Buster and the other is a Super Black jean that fades to gray over time. We've seen a few pairs of these that have been worn for a few months and the denim has aged very well. 

Both of these jeans along with the workshirt and a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans, belts, and jackets are available now in our online store and at all three Self Edge stores Check out the product pages in our online store for full spec lists, measurements, and hi-res photos of all the new jeans and shirt.

Shop Iron Heart!

Iron Heart Overdyed Beatle Buster - Slim

Iron Heart SBG Beatle Buster Jean - Slim

Iron Heart 12oz Raw Indigo Selvedge Work Shirt (Check out Josh's 4 year old Iron Heart 301s Jeans)

Back
Top Bottom