*| | Denim _ School | |*

If anyone can help me please. I love the fit of my levis 514. i wanna venture into some raw denim. im a 36x32 what brand, size and cut should i get and what are the steps.

Originally Posted by Mr 100

Th3kid, APC's just get the job done. Don't get me wrong I LOVE PRPS and have a bunch of barracuda fit jeans but be prepared to spend $$$. As far as selvedge, APC. Comfort, unique fades, styles, cuts PRPS. APC's do fade quick though.

Much appreciated. I know PRPS cost a bit more, but I've also seen them on sale at sites like Gilt and Jackthreads. So I'm hoping they'll end up on there again sometime between now and about end of September/beginning of October. If not, I'll go with APC then just go with the PRPS next year.

Anyone have experience with UO Unbranded Skinny Jeans? I'm going to order a pair and want to be sure the fit is what I'm looking for.

I'm a Levis 511 guy, do these match up fit-wise?

How's the fade on UB denim?

Thanks!

picked these up

wb2vz8.jpg

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Anyone have experience with UO Unbranded Skinny Jeans? I'm going to order a pair and want to be sure the fit is what I'm looking for.

Thanks!

I have skinny fits and 511s. I got the same size on bother and I'd have to say the UO's are much tighter lolIf anything you should probably size up 1 or 2 if you want them to fit like the 511...they don't really stretch at all

Originally Posted by LeClutchJames

Originally Posted by CoolGrayMemo

Thanks!

I have skinny fits and 511s. I got the same size on bother and I'd have to say the UO's are much tighter lolIf anything you should probably size up 1 or 2 if you want them to fit like the 511...they don't really stretch at all

I always size up on 511's. I also sized up on the UO skinny fits.

I need some help, i went to a club at the weekend in my Uniqlo selvage jeans and someone stepped on the back of the cuffed part and left a black mark on them, any ideas on how i can clean it off without having to wash them which i dont want to do yet?

Originally Posted by jonathan0389

I need some help, i went to a club at the weekend in my Uniqlo selvage jeans and someone stepped on the back of the cuffed part and left a black mark on them, any ideas on how i can clean it off without having to wash them which i dont want to do yet?
your jeans mustve been really long, but you can always try to wash just that one part. scrub it off if you can, but some coloring might come out. 

I did get most of it out with a brush and some water but it has left some of the die darker in areas. It will do for now, i just dont want to wash them.

As I stated before... I'm a complete denim noob so excuse my ignorance with this question
laugh.gif

What's the difference between Levis 511 and 513? I've never heard of 513, but I recently went to urban outfitters to return something and I saw 513. Didn't have time to try them on though. Just curious if any of you guys know the difference.
EDIT: Just looked at Urban's website and got this info.  

511: 8" Rise and 7" Opening

513: 9" Rise and 7.5 flat" Opening

What exactly does that mean and is the opening that much of a difference?  

What are the best cut of tapered jeans for an athletic dude that works out and has big quads/hammies/glutes but skinny from the knee down.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

As I stated before... I'm a complete denim noob so excuse my ignorance with this question
laugh.gif

What's the difference between Levis 511 and 513? I've never heard of 513, but I recently went to urban outfitters to return something and I saw 513. Didn't have time to try them on though. Just curious if any of you guys know the difference.
EDIT: Just looked at Urban's website and got this info.  

511: 8" Rise and 7" Opening

513: 9" Rise and 7.5 flat" Opening

What exactly does that mean and is the opening that much of a difference?  
never heard of the 513, but from the specs, it sounds like it's a more relaxed fit than the 511. it will sit lower on the hip with the longer rise, and the leg opening would be larger. yes, 0.5 inch does make a difference. 
sauuceking, any particular brand you're looking at? 

macy's recently started carrying levi's 521, and i'm loving them so far, much more than 511s. they aren't as skinny, but they're still tapered from the knee down. 

damn, i need some better jeans. 

W+H denim is going to be released in August. Cut and wash looks great (price is reasonable as well)...

22.jpg

25.jpg

5.jpg

What's the cheapest sanforized denim I could buy? Also, does anyone have any experience with H&M denim? I'm looking for a fit like this and I don't know what jeans to buy. My maximum is $100

photo345xr4.jpg

So, I received my UO UB Skinny fits.

The fit is on point - very similar to 511. The top was a little bit more snug, but they seemed to get more comfortable after a few wears. Sizing up is a must.

Very nice though. May get them hemmed a little though - too much stacking.

af1 1982- those jeans in that pic i believe are APCs cus i remember seeing them a long time ago. The cheapest sanforized denim you can cop is naked and famous jeans, usually start at about $120 depending on the material. You might be able to find coupons to get them cheaper. As for the fit it depends on your body type.

Edit- you can try the urban outfitters selvedge but im not sure if they are sanforized or not.

Coolgraymemo- how slim are they on the thigh area?

Back
Top Bottom