*| | Denim _ School | |*

how many pairs of denim is too much?

I started upgrading my quality of jeans and afraid to go overboard.

how many is good for a rotation?

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Originally Posted by Vancity74

W+H denim is going to be released in August. Cut and wash looks great (price is reasonable as well)...

22.jpg

25.jpg

5.jpg

Where can I purchase this denim?? 

info on shoes. 
nerd.gif

New Winter Collections at Self Edge & Product Updates!

Almost every brand we carry has just delivered a bulk of their winter collections. Here are some of our favorite pieces...

Stevenson Overall Co.

Stevenson Overall Co. has delivered two jackets, one made of a red wool and the other made of a navy jungle cloth. Both jackets are tailored to fit slim with high cut armholes with a very flattering silhouette. The little details like the button-down chin strap on the Wool Booster Jacket and the great deep indigo color on the garment dyed Aviator jacket make these two standout pieces. 

In about two weeks we'll also have a full restock of their indigo dyed silk watch caps.

Iron Heart

From Iron Heart we've received a full restock of all their jeans including the 301s and all belts and jackets. Along with these restocks we've gotten in their new Smoky Check Flannels, their new 2011 Ombre shirts, more Micro-Cord Shirts, and their Mock-Twist shirts in black and red. Check the online store December 7th for their new solid heavy weight flannel overshirts and their newly developed wabash shirt.

Flat Head & Real Japan Blues

From Flat Head and Real Japan Blues we've received their new winter flannel shirts along with a new cordovan hand-sewn wallet. Along with the shirts and wallet we've received a full restock of Flat Head jeans, wallets, and virgin merino wool scarves.

Strike Gold!

We got new shirts, sweaters, and a jean restock from Strike Gold but it all sold so quickly we were barely able to show them off at the stores. We're getting more of it all at all stores on December 10th. 

Mister Freedom

Mister Freedom has hit us with both his new version of the Californian jean and the hotly anticipated Denim Ranch Jacket. Christophe Loiron has completely reinvented the denim jacket here with details sure to please even the most critical vintage collector. 

Kawatako Leathers

From Kawatako we've gotten a long overdue full restock of all their belts, wallets, key-hooks, and camera cases. Along with this restock we've gotten a few new wallets and even a new white leather long wallet designed for women. For the price you cannot get a better leather wallet than what's coming out of this crew. 

Yellow Rat

Yellow Rat brings two new shirts to their line-up including an awesome navy button down shirt inspired by late 60's Southern California surfers. Along with the new shirts we've received a restock of their Vintage Flavor gray hoodie.

Sugar Cane

Sugar Cane has sent us a full restock of all their jeans and we've finally received a full restock of their 2009 cut. Another (bigger) restock is hitting all stores in a few days.

Roy

The one-man-show simply known as Roy is currently laboring away at a batch of jeans made of an unsanforized Cone Mills fabric which he says is "the best domestic fabric" he's worked with yet. Tentative release date on these is December 21st.

In case this blog post wasn't enough reading material for you we've also just received a restock of issue 05 of Inventory Magazine (complete with a Flat Head feature), issues 05 and 06 of Lowside Magazine, and Rin Tanaka's Heller's Cafe "King of Vintage" book. Books and magazines can be found here.

^
What brand is that?

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pair of medium washed jeans.  Most brands have crappy whiskering, washes.  The ones that do look nice are crappy quality.

They are Wallace and Barnes (J Crews limited handmade line) they are very nice

I soaked them to lighten them up, they are called "salt fade" so I assume the wash released something bc the tub water was pretty yellow

I also own a pair of raw PRPs Barracudas which are coming along nicely

Can you guys help me out here....

I'm kind of old school by NT standards meaning I'm not into skinny jeans.  For the last few years I've been wearing Levis 569 but I do want to start wearing something a little slimmer.  I actually like the fit of the 2011 569 which they slimmed down but I'm not really feeling a lot of the colors.  Can anyone recommend some brands along the lines of what I'm looking for but isn't going to cost me over $100? 

finally starting to get some contrast in my cheap 501s after 3 months. gonna have to go a size smaller next time, these fit fine for the first 2 1/2 months but i'm starting to swim in em

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

Can anyone suggest a Nudie style that fits like 511's? I size up to a 34x32 in 511's, but I wear a 31x32 or 32x32 for 514's. Thanks.

Grim Tims or Slim Jims are probably the closest.  I have Grim Tims and I bought the same size in the dirt dry organic as I wear for my 511s.  They're a little slimmer through the calf but it seems to be the closest fit.  Stretching hasn't really been much of an issue for me either.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

finally starting to get some contrast in my cheap 501s after 3 months. gonna have to go a size smaller next time, these fit fine for the first 2 1/2 months but i'm starting to swim in em
Just keep wearing them. I worn mine for a year without washing. When I finally did a cold soak and hanged it out in the sun, the fades came out really nice. I actually don't know why people keep knocking on deez. $30 for these sounds like a deal to me. I bought true to size also.

3sixteen Jeans - Back In Stock & Better Than Ever

After barely being able to keep 3sixteen's jeans in stock for well over a year now we've received a large shipment which (hopefully) should be enough for everybody waiting to get a pair.

We feel that no other brand can offer a better value at this price point considering the quality of both the fabric and construction. The denim on these jeans is woven specifically for 3sixteen and they've got the papers to prove it. A close relationship with Kuroki Mills of Okayama (Japan) and a few visits to the mill itself yielded a set of custom fabrics which we guarantee will not be available on any other jean on the market. Designed specifically for both comfort and aging qualities, these are your best bet for a well made 5-pocket jean which is cut & sewn in America.

The guys at Put This On did a little piece on why your money is better spent on a pair of 3sixteen jeans than a pair of APC jeans which are now made in Macau China, read the piece here.

Two fits available in three denim styles are available now along with a full restock of 3sixteen's leather bracelets available in both single and dual strand versions in both tan and black leathers. Check the online store for updated measurement charts, photos, and full spec lists on the jeans.

Shop 3sixteen: http://www.selfedge.com/s...main_page=index&cPath=82

3sixteen SL-100x - Straight Leg Indigo Selvedge

3sixteen SL-200x - Straight Leg Black Selvedge

3sixteen ST-100x - Slim Leg Indigo Selvedge

3sixteen ST-200x - Slim Leg Black Selvedge

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Help me out...

I'm 6'3", and I have a really hard time finding denim that fits me right. Suggestions?!?

waist size and weight?  If own a pair of levis 501s, what size are they?

Originally Posted by rocathajordans23

any word on those shoes up there?

The shoes are made by Wings = Horns, same as the denim.  Should be available at several online retailers, check out Roden Gray or other retailers online.  The brown suede are hard to find now, retail was about $395, might be able to find some on sale if you look around.

Iron Heart Super Heavy Shirts & More

Every year Iron Heart does a new batch of heavy weight shirts for the colder months, this year they've gone up a step by offering a wider range of shirts. We've received four shirts from them this week, three of which are great for keeping warm.

First we have the Blanket Lined :nerd:z Denim Overshirt, it's an early 1970's style lighter shade of denim that's cotton flannel lined with the the original Troy blanket lining pattern dyed into the flannel. The sleeves are also quilted with satin for warmth and comfort. The shirt has hand-pockets and two snap-buttoned chest pockets. We love this thing and couldn't wait to get it into the stores when we first saw the samples in Tokyo.

Next up we've got two heavy flannel shirts in solid colors, both with hand pockets and two buttoned chest pockets. This shirt is available in both black and navy. 

Finally we've received Iron Heart's take on a wabash fabric shirt. They start with an indigo dyed cotton yarn that's later discharge printed with the dots to create the wabash pattern. This shirt fits great and has a nice heft to it without being bulky or uncomfortable.

All four of these shirts along with a restock of the Beatle Buster, 301s, 634s, and all other Iron Heart jeans, jackets, vests, belts, bracelets, and cordovan mid-length wallets is available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store. Check the online store for more photos, specs, and measurements.

Shop Iron Heart Online: http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=71

Iron Heart Blanket Lined :nerd:z Denim Overshirt

Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Flannel W/ Hand Pockets - Black

Iron Heart Ultra-Heavy Flannel W/ Hand Pockets - Navy

Iron Heart 12oz Wabash Snap Shirt

I need some opinions right quick about Wesc denim models the slim Jean raw that's on Karmaloop and the marwin. Can anybody tell me the fit and the quality as entry level raw denim.

Back
Top Bottom