*| | Denim _ School | |*

man for sure, folks acting like its science and not art...smh
basically, buy heavier weight denim, and those threads will hold up better/longer...lighter fabric lends to stretch easier...
always cold water wash, and always flat (lay out) dry

As far as wear/wash... many say contrary to popular belief when raw denim was all the rage(neverwash), that you could/should wash as much as you want and not expect deifferent wear-through results... I believe even the denim gods over at self-edge made comment in an interview that care for jeans wasnt a big deal ("just wash them, they're jeans" iirc)

I personally feel like cold water, only, and obv never ever ever a dryer...and only doing so after really really wearing beating and giving your jeans hell before wash one.... once you mesh and blend that stiff indigo element with that soft cotton, you dont nearly give your jeans the opportunity to contrast and wear through that most would prefer.

in short, youre stretch factor on 100% cotton jeans has way more to do with cut, care and construction, than it does anything else.

and to whomever said "knee stretch is inevitable" needs to buy an actual nice pair of jeans from SE...there are many brands they offer that are worthy, pjb, roy, fh, sugarcane, samurai, skulls, etc..... APC are a nice beginner project but would never compare to the fabric and makeup of something bought from a reputable japanese american repro (or inspired) brand 8)

The dude at SE sort of broke down denim to me but I swear it just went over my head. Nice dude though and he definitely told me enough where I knew that this wasn't for me. Your explanation on heavier denim makes total sense now. He sort of told me about it too but I just kept on holding the denim and realizing how stiff it was.

And the only pair of jeans that I experienced with the knees stretching was just normal 501s. I'd literally skate in them for one day and both knees would look baggier than a mug. I always thought even with the expensive denim that this happen but I guess with some jeans, they won't.

pulled the trigger on the PRPS Noirs; will post pics upon arrival
^ Which ones did you buy? I really want this pair from Atriumnyc but 500 is my limit  on a pair of jeans especially since I can only wear jeans on weekends due to work. I remember last year a few pairs of Noirs went on sale early this year. I'm holding out hope these do the same.

Copped these; Noir is some extremely nice denim and PRPS hold their value if you ever decide to sell

Last edited:
I own a size 30 APC NS.. should I size the same when buying APC PNS? Size up 1 (since they're tighter)?

New to this thread not to NT.

I have a Nords connect and am looking to step my denim game up a bit and I want to cop some APC's.

I prefer a 508/ 511 fit in Levis, somewhere between a skinny guy and weird guy fit in N&F, and somewhere between a Thin Finn/Grim Tim fit in nudies...

What fit should I be looking for in APC's? New standard or NPS? Any advice would help, Nords has a 40% off for their employees on the 23rd so I'd like to purchase a pair at that time...

Any advice is KINDLY appreciated fam...

I have a Nords connect and am looking to step my denim game up a bit and I want to cop some APC's.

I prefer a 508/ 511 fit in Levis, somewhere between a skinny guy and weird guy fit in N&F, and somewhere between a Thin Finn/Grim Tim fit in nudies...

What fit should I be looking for in APC's? New standard or NPS? Any advice would help, Nords has a 40% off for their employees on the 23rd so I'd like to purchase a pair at that time...

Not so humble brag :lol:

Get New Standards.

I don't agree with DJosey's recommendation to get New Standards. New Standards are like a Levi's 514, they have a straight leg.

I don't know how 508 and 511 fit but I'm assuming slimmer than 514's.

If you want some tapering below the knee, you need to get the Petite New Standard.

If you want the jeans slimmer, you need to get the Petite Standard.

The New Standard is not a slim fit by contemporary measures. When I say this I mean that it is not tapered and not skinny throughout. If you are a muscular/bigger guy they will fit really nice though. But if you are skinny they are not a good pair of pants to get IMO.

Last edited:

I own Grim Tims and the PNS is very close to them in terms of fit. They fit a bit slimmer than my 508s, much better fit overall in my opinion

blaz3n blaz3n In my experience, size down 2 for NS but only one for PNS

I don't agree with DJosey's recommendation to get New Standards. New Standards are like a Levi's 514, they have a straight leg.

I don't know how 508 and 511 fit but I'm assuming slimmer than 514's.

If you want some tapering, you need to get the Petite New Standard.

If you want the jeans slimmer, you need to get the Petite Standard.

The New Standard is not a slim fit in contemporary measures.

Thanks Henny. Appreciate the help fam. 508 is a tapered fit, and 511 is a slim fit FYI.

Probably gonna go for the Petite standard, may look into the NPS if the leg opening is too big (I wear a sz 8 in sneaks/shoes so this is crucial to me). Will prob just try and hit the store and try some of these on beforehand. Thanks again.

Btw, I know you're local, so if you need anything from Nords, PM me bruh.

Back
Top Bottom