*| | Denim _ School | |*

Don't want to get too personal but wearing raw denim with Boxers is a no-no for me. Briefs!

I'm looking for a nice pair of black denim and these look really good (do they look like that rich in color in person?).. http://www.machusonline.com/products/nakedandfamousskinnyguy

Anyone own them? Hows the fit compared to Nudie Thin Finn or APC NS?

nerd.gif
I don't know about the fit, but just so you know, because of something in the dye, black is overall a lot harder to fade than indigo. So if you're looking for sick fades, it's gonna take a lot longer.

I don't know about the fit, but just so you know, because of something in the dye, black is overall a lot harder to fade than indigo. So if you're looking for sick fades, it's gonna take a lot longer.

Yeah, I'm aware of that.. I'm using them as "dark" denim not to get fades..

Tried on a pair of APC PS today and even though the fit was okay It felt a bit tight on my legs. Coulnd't find the PNS to compare but after hearing that its like the PS and NS combined I'll take the gamble and hope those work out for me.

Oh and to add to this, the rippling on the APC's :x :x :x

Last edited:
In all honesty, a good general rule of thumb is for the pants to be initially tight. And they will feel even tighter since they're stiff and raw. Take my advice and make sure the pants are tight at first so you get a good nice slim fit once they break in, if that's what you want. 

In all honesty, a good general rule of thumb is for the pants to be initially tight. And they will feel even tighter since they're stiff and raw. Take my advice and make sure the pants are tight at first so you get a good nice slim fit once they break in, if that's what you want. 

Yeah but man I can't do 2-3 sizes smaller that I've seen people recommend (SF not here) talking bout they will stretch 2-3 size with wear. I'm a 31 but going with a 30.

Yeah but man I can't do 2-3 sizes smaller that I've seen people recommend (SF not here) talking bout they will stretch 2-3 size with wear. I'm a 31 but going with a 30.
If your a 31 you should go with a 29, they will probably fit a bit loose after you wear it a while so IMO it's better to size down 2

people really do not under stand the concept of vanity sizing nor do they look at measurements. MOST APCs measure 2" bigger in the waist than tagged. a 30 measures 32 inches, 32 measures 34 inches, etc. so when you buy that tagged size 31, you are still buying a pair of jeans that will be bigger in the waist than you usually wear.

Last edited:
Dont listen to people saying size down 2 unless you weigh less than 140 pounds. Anyone who works out and has legs and @#$ will not be able to wear them at all

Last edited:
people really do not under stand the concept of vanity sizing nor do they look at measurements. MOST APCs measure 2" bigger in the waist than tagged. a 30 measures 32 inches, 32 measures 34 inches, etc. so when you buy that tagged size 31, you are still buying a pair of jeans that will be bigger in the waist than you usually wear.

Im a 31 in regular jeans and tried on a 30 in the PS. I could barley take the jeans off. Don't see myself getting a 29 tho.

Tried on a pair of APC PS today and even though the fit was okay It felt a bit tight on my legs. Coulnd't find the PNS to compare but after hearing that its like the PS and NS combined I'll take the gamble and hope those work out for me.

Oh and to add to this, the rippling on the APC's :x :x :x

You should be set man. The PS were too tight for me as well but the PNS were perfect. I sized down 1 as I mentioned early and am happy with that choice.

I'd imagine most people know about this, but that also doesn't mean that sizing down 2 sizes is always necessary.

I measured the waist of my APCs when I first got them (sz. 32) and they were just under 33". Maybe this is just for the PNS, but even after trying PS in a 32 I could barely get in them, or get out of them for that matter.

I'd imagine most people know about this, but that also doesn't mean that sizing down 2 sizes is always necessary.

I measured the waist of my APCs when I first got them (sz. 32) and they were just under 33". Maybe this is just for the PNS, but even after trying PS in a 32 I could barely get in them, or get out of them for that matter.

thigh measurements are just as important

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom