*| | Denim _ School | |*

my flight was cancelled last night, so I had to spend the night in Chicago. my flight leaves later this afternoon, so I plan to go denim shopping today.  Anywhere else besides Nordstroms have a good raw denim selection?  thanks!

I own Grim Tims and the PNS is very close to them in terms of fit. They fit a bit slimmer than my 508s, much better fit overall in my opinion

blaz3n blaz3n In my experience, size down 2 for NS but only one for PNS

Yea I would recommend ps or pns as well. You won't be happy with the new standards. The fit is closer to slim jims.

i had to size down 3 on my old NS just for a slim fit

petite standard fits more like 511

Thanks for the help gents. Repped!!

my flight was cancelled last night, so I had to spend the night in Chicago. my flight leaves later this afternoon, so I plan to go denim shopping today.  Anywhere else besides Nordstroms have a good raw denim selection?  thanks!

Mildblend Supply Co
Wicker Park
1342 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60622
Phone number (773) 772-9711

BARNEYS
CHICAGO
15 EAST OAK STREET
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60611
+1 312 587 1700

Last edited:
Yo I forgot to add. You can always go out to Denim Bar at Pentagon City and try these styles on. They should carry all three styles. You might want to call ahead and check before you go out there though.

If you guys live near an APC store and want a "sale," can't you always just buy a beat up pair of APC's (I've seen some go for sub-$30 on eBay) and trade it in for a new pair at half price? It would effectively be buying a pair at 0.5($185) + $30, which is a little under $125 before tax.

Anyone have experience with Momotaro raws? Anyone know the difference between their Vintage label and Battle label (except for the stripes on the back of the Battle label)?

Anyone have experience with Momotaro raws? Anyone know the difference between their Vintage label and Battle label (except for the stripes on the back of the Battle label)?
I have this pair http://www.blueowl.us/product/momot...rior-tapered-157oz-raw-selvedge-model-bom005/. I really like the pink selvedge it really stands out. I would highly recommend them, quality is great and the tapered fit is good for someone with bigger thighs. I usually wear a 33 but i sized down 2 to a 31. I kind of regret it since Momorato don't really stretch at all. I would recommend you to size down 1

I have this pair http://www.blueowl.us/product/momot...rior-tapered-157oz-raw-selvedge-model-bom005/. I really like the pink selvedge it really stands out. I would highly recommend them, quality is great and the tapered fit is good for someone with bigger thighs. I usually wear a 33 but i sized down 2 to a 31. I kind of regret it since Momorato don't really stretch at all. I would recommend you to size down 1
Cool, thanks for the info. The more subtle gray stripes on those look a lot better than the white ones on regular Momotaros.

Yo I forgot to add. You can always go out to Denim Bar at Pentagon City and try these styles on. They should carry all three styles. You might want to call ahead and check before you go out there though.

I have never seen this place but always hear about it. I don't go to PC often but may head out there today to hit the Rack.

Last edited:
b fresco b fresco What Nordstrom are you getting your pair from? Can you let me know if they have the APC PNS in a 30. Need to try them on and see what's good.

b fresco b fresco What Nordstrom are you getting your pair from? Can you let me know if they have the APC PNS in a 30. Need to try them on and see what's good.

ROYGBiV ROYGBiV Columbia for the most part, but my connect typically (after i give him the style #) finds em for me (in the Nords system) and has em sent to his store... PM me, i might be able to get you...

Last edited:
Broke out the pair of PRPS Demons I worked on last year.

6 months daily use, one wash at 6 months.

Mildblend Supply Co
Wicker Park
1342 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60622

BARNEYS
CHICAGO
15 EAST OAK STREET
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60611
+1 312 587 1700

Haberdash Men's Shop
607 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 624-8551

great selection

Yo could someone help me with he PNS sizing I'm usaully a 31 in jeans but I'm seeing online that people say they stretch about 2-3 inches with ware. So I was gonna go with a 30 but should I do a 29?

Yo could someone help me with he PNS sizing I'm usaully a 31 in jeans but I'm seeing online that people say they stretch about 2-3 inches with ware. So I was gonna go with a 30 but should I do a 29?

I sized down 1 and am happy. I could easily button them up by like the second wear though so I think I definitely could have sized down 2. I've worn them for a couple months now and couldn't be happier with the fit/look. The waist has definitely stretched and I lost a little weight so I need a belt now to keep them in place but that doesn't bother me.

I sized down 1 and am happy. I could easily button them up by like the second wear though so I think I definitely could have sized down 2. I've worn them for a couple months now and couldn't be happier with the fit/look. The waist has definitely stretched and I lost a little weight so I need a belt now to keep them in place but that doesn't bother me.

Whats the main difference between the PNS and PS keep reading different reviews so don't really know what to go with I just don't want them too look like leggings. More of a slim fit as oppose to a skinny one.

Whats the main difference between the PNS and PS keep reading different reviews so don't really know what to go with I just don't want them too look like leggings. More of a slim fit as oppose to a skinny one.
If you want to be sure, check out the specific measurements.

From what I've read though, PNS is a little roomier in the thigh area, and below the knee, they're identical.

It's a hybrid fit. New Standard upper half, tapers to a Petit Standard lower half. A looser fit in the thighs than a Petit Standard and a narrower leg opening than a New Standard. Also, Petit New standards are roughly 1 inch shorter in the inseam than a New Standard/Petit Standard/New Cure which I prefer.

Last edited:
Mildblend Supply Co
Wicker Park
1342 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60622

BARNEYS
CHICAGO
15 EAST OAK STREET
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS 60611
+1 312 587 1700
repped thanks bro- i only had time to hit Barneys and the had PNS and NS, my first time seeing them.  nice stiff heavy denim for the price.  I will be back in Chicago next week so I will try and buy then.  Thanks again!

Last edited:

IIRC Context clothing has a pretty good size chart comparing the two for each tagged size

Back
Top Bottom