*| | Denim _ School | |*

I believe it's a straight fit but not tapered like 501s, so it's more relaxed toward the bottom
cool, thanks!  i figured that the leg opening would be fairly wide, so i would probably have them hemmed and tapered a little.

would you say that the rise is on the higher side?   i can't do the low slung stuff, haha.

Last edited:
real talk, I bought a pair of skinny jeans from 20jeans, better than levi 511s imo. Downside is they are falling apart after like 4 months lol.

Crazy how 511s are slim now and 510s are just skinny. They used to be super skinny. 

and 514s are "straight", used to be slim straight. levis fits changes with the times I guess but dudes are wearing their jeans way too skinny now imo. you gotta have a certain body type to pull off skinny jeans, doesn't look right if your too fat or too skinny

Crazy how 511s are slim now and 510s are just skinny. They used to be super skinny. 
and 514s are "straight", used to be slim straight. levis fits changes with the times I guess but dudes are wearing their jeans way too skinny now imo. you gotta have a certain body type to pull off skinny jeans, doesn't look right if your too fat or too skinny
I like how 510s fit, specifically the narrow leg opening but I always go up one or two sizes in them. 

They need to bring back the ex-girlfriend fit Levis 
roll.gif

Last edited:
I got a pair of Unbranded in Size 30 21oz denim UB221 model that are to big. Vanity sized so the waist is really a 32 , hemmed to 32.25 inches. Will sell em for cheap if anyone wants them

Excuse my Ignace, but I got a couple questions.

I buy my jeans slim fit wherever I go. Most of the time I get different results so I figured I should know more about what I'm buying. Now I know straight jeans are pretty much the same length from top to bottom I believe, and skinny jeans aren't my thing, so my interest are in slim fitting jeans. So my questions are:

1. Slim fitting jeans mainly affect how they fit at the waist and nothing to do with the legs right?
- I noticed that from each slim pair I've bought, that the sizing aound is more snug than straight jeans, but the fit around my legs always differ.

2. Even though I buy the same size, they always differ around the waist. Is there something else I should look into or is it just that no two pairs can be made the same?

3. My thighs and calves are calves are slightly bigger than most. I'm not real big or anything. But yeah, is there something I should consider with that info?

4. I think that tapered jeans are a fit between straight and skinny near the ankle right? And are there different tapering options to consider?

Just for reference, this is a type of fit I'm interested in.

1e5b688b8d2d240615e78b8b5f64c022.jpeg

yeah "slim" fit is a crap shoot, so many different ways to tailor a pair of jeans. usually end up being too loose on me while skinny is too tight

Last edited:
From my PRPS, APC and Vince I love my Vince's the best.

Whats the verdict on Raws in the summer? Depending on the weight of the denim determines whether or not they'd be suitable for the heat?

Depends on the day, usually it's too hot for me to even think about wearing pants

Excuse my Ignace, but I got a couple questions.

I buy my jeans slim fit wherever I go. Most of the time I get different results so I figured I should know more about what I'm buying. Now I know straight jeans are pretty much the same length from top to bottom I believe, and skinny jeans aren't my thing, so my interest are in slim fitting jeans. So my questions are:

1. Slim fitting jeans mainly affect how they fit at the waist and nothing to do with the legs right?
- I noticed that from each slim pair I've bought, that the sizing aound is more snug than straight jeans, but the fit around my legs always differ.

2. Even though I buy the same size, they always differ around the waist. Is there something else I should look into or is it just that no two pairs can be made the same?

3. My thighs and calves are calves are slightly bigger than most. I'm not real big or anything. But yeah, is there something I should consider with that info?

4. I think that tapered jeans are a fit between straight and skinny near the ankle right? And are there different tapering options to consider?
compared to a regular straight leg, slim fitting jeans should be slimmer from the knee down. the measurement of the waist depends on the rise of the pair (low rise vs a higher rise). different brands can also size their jeans differently. in terms of calves, wear what is comfortable for you. there are cuts with roomier thighs so perhaps you can look into that. i wouldn't categorize a tapered pair as an individual fit. there are loose, regular, and slim fit jeans with a tapered bottom.

my best advice is to go to the actual store and try different fits until you find the right one of your liking. one of the most important thing for me before trying on different pairs is how the leg opening sits with the shoes i wear. sometimes the fit is great from the knee up, but ends up having too tight of a taper and doesn't sit right with a particular shoe.

Last edited:
compared to a regular straight leg, slim fitting jeans should be slimmer from the knee down. the measurement of the waist depends on the rise of the pair (low rise vs a higher rise). different brands can also size their jeans differently. in terms of calves, wear what is comfortable for you. there are cuts with roomier thighs so perhaps you can look into that. i wouldn't categorize a tapered pair as an individual fit. there are loose, regular, and slim fit jeans with a tapered bottom.

my best advice is to go to the actual store and try different fits until you find the right one of your liking. one of the most important thing for me before trying on different pairs is how the leg opening sits with the shoes i wear. sometimes the fit is great from the knee up, but ends up having too tight of a taper and doesn't sit right with a particular shoe.

Thanks for the info.

510s are SO skinny.

No idea how people wear them comfortably, and I'm a skinny dude (5'10 145lbs).

That's crazy, I had no idea.

When it comes to slim/skinny jeans, my #1 rule is that the pants should never be hugging my calves. If that's the case, they're too skinny. 510s do this, even if I size up to a 31 (normally 30) :x

what's the next fit down from the thin finn? i have the ecru embo but i want something a bit more fitting, yes, more skinny :rolleyes :lol: dont judge me. i like how my skinny h&m denim fits. and i wanted a lighter wash in the nudies cause the ecru embos are not fading at all.

what's the next fit down from the thin finn? i have the ecru embo but i want something a bit more fitting, yes, more skinny :rolleyes :lol: dont judge me. i like how my skinny h&m denim fits. and i wanted a lighter wash in the nudies cause the ecru embos are not fading at all.

the nudie website has a great chart to compare fits but I think it's grim Tim

it's not. grim tims fit larger than thin finns.

i have had both and the fit was pretty similar between the two-- but Finn is a little more slim than Grim.  Finns are carrot shaped.  also, it absolutely does take a while for the nudie dry selvage jeans to fade.  i like my jeans to stay dark so this doesn't bother me (i have the grim tim dry organic selvage).  also, i think nudie selvage is overpriced, especially the thin finn 'heavy' selvage.  they felt really thin to me, not near 13 oz (as they are advertised).  i ended up selling them after a couple of wears.  they might be good for the summer, but to me they were not worth the $. hope this helps

like I said man Nudie has too many fits. can't keep the s*** straight, most stores only carry a few, and you probably won't find the wash you want in the fit you want

Last edited:
i have had both and the fit was pretty similar between the two-- but Finn is a little more slim than Grim.  Finns are carrot shaped.  also, it absolutely does take a while for the nudie dry selvage jeans to fade.  i like my jeans to stay dark so this doesn't bother me (i have the grim tim dry organic selvage).  also, i think nudie selvage is overpriced, especially the thin finn 'heavy' selvage.  they felt really thin to me, not near 13 oz (as they are advertised).  i ended up selling them after a couple of wears.  they might be good for the summer, but to me they were not worth the $. hope this helps
most would consider 13oz lightweight. naturally it would feel thin.

Back
Top Bottom