*| | Denim _ School | |*

like 20 oz denim is common or something. homie floating around in APCs in the summer like its thin white linen

So you wouldn't rock 14oz denim in the summer? Not on the hottest day but maybe while its raining or after a thunderstorm.

most mall brands and leivs are probably around 12oz. so comparatively 14oz will seem heavy to most. but in the realm of raw selvedge denim it is lightweight. i dunno why it bothers you so much. i named like 10 brands a couple pages ago that makes 21+ oz denim.

Im thinking of giving my Vince's a cold soak to get rid of some dye. How do I go about it? Just soak them in the tube? How long? Do i add detergent or is this strictly just cold water process? Do I scrub the jeans? Hang dry? Can I iron them after they have dried?

Last edited:
I've never actually purchased anything heavier than 14-15ozs, but I think I'm gonna go for it next winter. I really like the fades of N&F Elephant Denim, but being In LA, no point even trying to rock them with any consistency most of the year.

So you wouldn't rock 14oz denim in the summer? Not on the hottest day but maybe while its raining or after a thunderstorm.

I wear my jeans all year round, I don't really take weather into account. if you plan on being outside a lot you might want to consider wearing shorts lol

most mall brands and leivs are probably around 12oz. so comparatively 14oz will seem heavy to most. but in the realm of raw selvedge denim it is lightweight. i dunno why it bothers you so much. i named like 10 brands a couple pages ago that makes 21+ oz denim.

so is 14 heavy to most or light to most? u gotta make up your mind lol. it's 20 oz denim out there sure but that doesn't make it common and that doesn't make 13 oz lightweight. then u gonna call me a mall shopper, keep snobbing it up

youre taking words out of my mouth and misconstruing everything i say my man.

MOST = people outside of NT and outside of raw denim. people that are buying everything from walmart/target/the gap/etc.

MOST people have never even heard of raw/selvedge denim. to these people, a pair of 14 oz APCs will feel like wearing sheet metal. to people familiar with it, 14 oz is relatively light when you have been wearing 17oz samurais and 21 oz iron hearts for years.

if you don't understand that i'm done wasting my time trying to explain it to you. keep thinking i'm a snob. doesn't bother me one bit. deuces

Last edited:
14oz is heavy to those who are just starting out but light to those who have already been wearing heavier denim. not sure why this is so hard to comprehend

the heaviest pair i have is 19oz and it gets minimal wear :smh:

Last edited:
Im thinking of giving my Vince's a cold soak to get rid of some dye. How do I go about it? Just soak them in the tube? How long? Do i add detergent or is this strictly just cold water process? Do I scrub the jeans? Hang dry? Can I iron them after they have dried?
im not familiar with Vince but in general:

hot soak - more indigo loss/shrinkage
cold soak - less indigo loss/shrinkage

unless you are washing it, i do not recommend adding deteregent. just place them in a tub and leave for an hour. scrubbing them will also result in indigo loss. the more you agitate the jeans, the more blue you will see.

ALWAYS hang dry

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom