*| | Denim _ School | |*

Went to the mall to buy a pair of n&f but walked out with a pair of Hudson blinder skinny biker in black , really liking the fit and comfort

Another example of the tailoring job completed on my Naked and Famous Selvedge Chinos.

8.5" opening taken to a 7" opening. For reference, i wear a size 12 shoe so these "Skinny Guy" fit had a massive leg hole.

Again, very happy with the result for under $7.00

For those that have tailored/hemmed their denim...Did you do that after your first cold soak or wash?

For those that have tailored/hemmed their denim...Did you do that after your first cold soak or wash?

If you're just getting a taper you can do that before you wash or soak. But if you're getting them hemmed it's advised to wait because after a wash/ soak they will shrink in length

picked up the gap x john elliott blue coast denim the other day for $54 (online). i know there were a few people who weren't fans of them but i'm hoping they're worth it for that price. 

picked up the gap x john elliott blue coast denim the other day for $54 (online). i know there were a few people who weren't fans of them but i'm hoping they're worth it for that price. 

They are ok. Don't expect anything top tier but regular jeans. I had to size down to get a good fit.

I have the "black" in 34x34....

Would love a link to the Blue Coast... I find the fit SICK. #Canada

Well this is only an issue if the jean is unsanforized or known to shrink (like the sanforized iron heart 634). If unsanforized I would take care of alterations after a hot soak or two soaks to attain max shrinkage.

Make sure your jeans are clean when getting altered. Got my jeans darned due to a crotch blowout and a button hole repair from railcar fine goods. They were happy that I had washed my jeans because a good number of people send in their dirty and worn raw denim. Yuck! Railcar was awesome and quick with the repairs. Much better experience (repair wise/personable) than self edge la ~2009.

I just got my nudies in. Steady Eddie size 34. A little bit snug however I've been dropping lbs lately. Will these stretch out a bit? Today is the first day I have put these on. Love the look and even though I'm use to baggier jeans these definitely look nice.

Maybe im just not use to a slimmer fit but I'm going to give them a shot. I remember my gap raw denim fitting snug as well when I first got them now those things are way to baggy in the legs

Thanks in advance

Picked up a pair of Nudie grim tims as my first real denim purchase. Was curious if anyone has any experience with Nordstroms tailoring. I was looking to get the leg opening tapered from the original 8" to about 7.25"-7.5". Only reason why I want to do it there is because I have the $100 credit for tailoring they give to cardholders each year. Thanks!

Just got a couple pairs of selvedge denim and I was wondering what you guys use to keep the jeans from bleeding on your shoes. Did some searching but everything I found on my mobile seemed to pre date stuff like Jason mark repel. Not sure if that will work though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just got a couple pairs of selvedge denim and I was wondering what you guys use to keep the jeans from bleeding on your shoes. Did some searching but everything I found on my mobile seemed to pre date stuff like Jason mark repel. Not sure if that will work though. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You can't avoid bleeding. Trust me, you don't want to be like me and learn this the hard way. Until you wash/soak your denim a few times, this will always be a problem. Even after a good soaking, you may still have some residual indigo. Just wear dark colored kicks and you'll be good to go.

Last edited:
Dunno if any of you guys have heard of killion, but they're an new streetwear brand that are claiming to sell clothing at way below market price.  Supposedly the quality is not too bad, especially for the price, so if anyone is interested they're offering a preorder of stonewash tapered selvedge for $48.  The link is http://killionest.com/collections/a...d-issue-stonewashed-denim-jeans-preorder-only  and they plan to ship out in a little less than a month.  I put in a preorder just to see if they're any good, and I was in need of some stone wash denim.  I'll throw up some pics and some initial thoughts when I receive em.  Just an FYI they cut out the selvedge ids in order to maximize efficiency, or so they say.

Whoever mentioned that the gap Japanese denim doesn't fade well, I can confirm that it's true. Washed my year old slim fit ones for the first time and they don't show any sort of whiskering or contrast.

Dunno if any of you guys have heard of killion, but they're an new streetwear brand that are claiming to sell clothing at way below market price.  Supposedly the quality is not too bad, especially for the price, so if anyone is interested they're offering a preorder of stonewash tapered selvedge for $48.  The link is http://killionest.com/collections/a...d-issue-stonewashed-denim-jeans-preorder-only and they plan to ship out in a little less than a month.  I put in a preorder just to see if they're any good, and I was in need of some stone wash denim.  I'll throw up some pics and some initial thoughts when I receive em.  Just an FYI they cut out the selvedge ids in order to maximize efficiency, or so they say.

those stonewash look nice, i know many are looking for those, not bad for $48

Back
Top Bottom