*| | Denim _ School | |*

:stoneface:  Walk on your jeans or roll them up. What kind of answer are you looking for?

just seeing if this was an issue. I have mine hemmed + cuffed up, so it doesn't get to that point, but some of people don't hem them and it just seems like it'll be annoying

That was me wearing last night at the pad. Lol. Draggin all over the place. Annoying to step on

Last edited:
^^ That's a DIRTY MOVE.  The bleeding will stain carpets.  Not really an Asian thing?  Well maybe, but I don't see why people wanna drag dirty shoes around the house and carpet.

Y'all be rocking them loose jawns. Team tinypants over here, leg opening so tight I can barely get my foot through :smokin

Can anyone who has past experiences with APC petit standards or raw denim in general check my photo on the past page and let me know if I need hemming and if so when?

Last edited:
Can anyone who has past experiences with APC petit standards or raw denim in general check my photo on the past page and let me know if I need hemming and if so when?
You should return them tbh. I dont like how the knee looks so scrunched up. Maybe size down one? They just look a little too baggy for my taste. As for hem i'd say hem off 1-2 inches.

You should return them tbh. I dont like how the knee looks so scrunched up. Maybe size down one? They just look a little too baggy for my taste. As for hem i'd say hem off 1-2 inches.
Yeah, unfortunately I can't return them. So I gotta deal with it. Thanks for the honesty though

Last edited:
Here's an update on my $6.66 tapering job.

These are the Skinny Guy Naked and Famous Broken Twill Selvedge.

8.5" leg opening taken down to a 7" opening, while maintaining that selvedge.

Comparison Photos:

I am very happy with how they turned out. My Naked and Famous Skinny Guy Griffin Chinos turned out the exact same, a significant improvement for under $7/pair.

I bailed on doing my elephant 4's due to advice in this thread, but I will be taking them in for a tapering as well, likely to 7.5"

Are crotch rips inevitable? I've ripped my crotch on my denim even before I had some decent fades.
mean.gif

looking for a pair of jeans that are as tapered as the APC pns.  these are almost the best fitting jeans i have.  i say almost because overall it stretched out a little too much.  i should have sized down two from my generic denim brand/pants size.  

How are you guys stretching them out so much? I'm a 30 but got a 28 in the APC PNS and I squat in them and wear them hard as ****. They barely stretched like .25 of an inch. Seriously this is driving me crazy lol how do you guys make them stretch 3 god dam inches?!

Do you wear a belt?

Not necessarily, if you wear selvedge too long without soaking or washing, the denim tends to become dry and brittle, add in friction and boom crotch blowout. Just repair them it happens.

Not necessarily, if you wear selvedge too long without soaking or washing, the denim tends to become dry and brittle, add in friction and boom crotch blowout. Just repair them it happens.
He said he hasn't had any fades with them, so it seemed to me his 'blow out' was more due to sizing and tension as opposed to wear and tear.

I don't think strands will crack or blow out like you've mentioned; as I don't know.  But I am planning on going 2 years with my Pure Blues before soaking or washing, so we'll see how it goes. hahaa
nerd.gif

Too tight, wrong sizing.
Well I currently wear a 36 in APC and they stretched and fit perfect. Prior to that they were APC Rescues and Nudie Big Bengt. Big Bengt were tight, but stretched perfectly.

I feel like it's just because I have big thighs
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Good insight...Maybe i'll give them a soak at the 6-month mark.

Back
Top Bottom