*| | Denim _ School | |*

recycled pic of my obsidian JE's

What jeans are those?

^^^And what is the opening on those jeans? I just measured my N&F joints and even after thinking they were still not tapered enough, the measured out to 7 inches. I was going to taper them more but kept it as is. I figure it'd look better on bigger shoes but with Flyknit racers, I feel like I am wearing NT denim.

What jeans are those?

^^^And what is the opening on those jeans? I just measured my N&F joints and even after thinking they were still not tapered enough, the measured out to 7 inches. I was going to taper them more but kept it as is. I figure it'd look better on bigger shoes but with Flyknit racers, I feel like I am wearing NT denim.

They're John Elliott +Co denim. He's known more for his terry products but I feel like people sleep on the denim.

@Fongstarr What's up my man, you've given me sound advice in the past don't know if you remember. They are 6.75" at the leg opening. I usually cuff them so it may actually be a little wider than that. I feel like the ideal leg opening for me is 6.5". Also, if you plan on wearing denim a lot with your FK racers, I'd recommend a 6.5" at least, slim shoes need slim/skinny leg openings.

6 inches (paws) :x damb y'all going aggressive on the tapers and I don't wear NT denim by any means. Around 7 1/4 is perfect for me, maybe a little less. Can't even get your foot through a 6 in taper :x

Last edited:
6 inches (paws) x damb y'all going aggressive on the tapers and I don't wear NT denim by any means. Around 7 1/4 is perfect for me, maybe a little less. Can't even get your foot through a 6 in taper :x

Maybe for you. I have a size 8.5-9 foot and skinny legs, and 6" wouldn't be too much of a struggle.

They're John Elliott +Co denim. He's known more for his terry products but I feel like people sleep on the denim.

@Fongstarr What's up my man, you've given me sound advice in the past don't know if you remember. They are 6.75" at the leg opening. I usually cuff them so it may actually be a little wider than that. I feel like the ideal leg opening for me is 6.5". Also, if you plan on wearing denim a lot with your FK racers, I'd recommend a 6.5" at least, slim shoes need slim/skinny leg openings.

Yeah man....I remember. Hopefully all that mess is behind you now and wasn't nearly as big of a deal as it seems. Thanks for the info bro.

New to the thread. Any NY based brothers can suggest a decent tailor to get some jeans tapered?

For my first tapers i had them taper from the mid leg, because I'm really really skinny, but I'm trying to bulk up and what not so I plan on doing the taper to the knee. The biggest thing is that the taper is gradual so it looks natural.

Just got my jeans back and repaired. I measured the opening thinking I have a pretty small opening and it's 7.5" and that is after a taper. Man, I don't know how ya'll be doing 6" openings.

I've worn slim fitting jeans for the last few years. The leg opening was usually around 7.25".

Recently got some tapered jeans with an 8" opening. They are really growing on me. They have slowly become my beaters.

I am looking for some biker/Moto denim at a decent price.

The Guess jeans look decent, but not really feeling paying 150$ for some low quality guess denim.

Budget is about 75$ - 125$

Made another trip out to the Iron Heart store in Tokyo and picked up some IH-666XHS. These are a 25oz slim cut (Devil's fit), and they fit great. Also got a new key chain. I don't think I'll be needing to get another pair of denim for a pretty long time. I love the fact that their in-house shopping bag is an actual denim bag. It's a really nice touch. I took a couple photos of the shop. Disregard the crappy iPhone pics.

Heads up, gap has 40% off. You can get Selvedge jeans for $64 after discount + tax and free shipping. Promo code is FFBEST and it ends the 16th.

Back
Top Bottom