*| | Denim _ School | |*

^^ repped

Edit ... I'm on the site now and the code is SAVE 40% whole checkout 8)

Last edited:
For anyone who's had both the Gap Slim Fit Selvedge and Unbranded UB201, which one do you prefer? I have the Gap now and i've been wearing them for about 1 1/2 years now, but a blowout in the crotch area is starting to show up, and not sure if i should buy another pair or try out the UB201. Need advice, fam. Let me know! Thanks in advance.

For anyone who's had both the Gap Slim Fit Selvedge and Unbranded UB201, which one do you prefer? I have the Gap now and i've been wearing them for about 1 1/2 years now, but a blowout in the crotch area is starting to show up, and not sure if i should buy another pair or try out the UB201. Need advice, fam. Let me know! Thanks in advance.

Unbranded material wise seems stiffer and tougher. I've only tried on gaps pair but I didn't like how thin it felt.

trying to decide what size to go with on those UB401 , my APC PNS are 34, but if the fit is similar i might go 33

Raleigh denim thin fit. Sz 29 145 pounds 5'8".

Thanks man. Yeah I tried on a bunch of cuts and brands, the dude at the shop basically picked those for me based on body type.

I never heard of them but they are realllllly nice. All hand made.

Just save your money. If you visit a gap outlet, during their end of season sale, their "skinny jeans" selvedge denim is usually marked down to the lowest i saw of around 30$. Not 1969 denim. Ran pretty baggy so i didnt like it.

What is a good pair of light color denim. I want the fit to be close to APC. Petit new standard. I just ordered some rag and bone jeans. The butt area and back thigh area is sort of loose but everything else is really tapered. So I don't think it looks good for 200 dollars. Is there a way they can be fixed or should I return and buy something else.

What is a good pair of light color denim. I want the fit to be close to APC. Petit new standard. I just ordered some rag and bone jeans. The butt area and back thigh area is sort of loose but everything else is really tapered. So I don't think it looks good for 200 dollars. Is there a way they can be fixed or should I return and buy something else.

Buy the washed Petit New Standards?

ppl with crotch blow out . pause

do you save it by patching it up or are they going to denim grave?

my favorite pair is starting to show signs

Question: why is biker debim, the denim that has ribbed jeans called biker denin? Just curious.

The ribbing is used to provide the flexibility and durability a biker would need when riding his motorcycle. Before elastic/ stretchy denim, the ribbing had more fabric that could support being bent for long periods of time and it supported kneepads that would overstretch or cause blow outs.

That's also why some jeans that have a biker influence have ribbing above the knee, followed by rips in the knees, since the tears would end up happening anyway. And it's punk rock bro

Last edited:
B
Made another trip out to the Iron Heart store in Tokyo and picked up some IH-666XHS. These are a 25oz slim cut (Devil's fit), and they fit great. Also got a new key chain. I don't think I'll be needing to get another pair of denim for a pretty long time. I love the fact that their in-house shopping bag is an actual denim bag. It's a really nice touch. I took a couple photos of the shop. Disregard the crappy iPhone pics.

hows the average pricing?
after.conversion n.all..is it.cheaper.to buy therr?

Last edited:
Question: why is biker debim, the denim that has ribbed jeans called biker denin? Just curious.

If your knees are stuck to the tank and bent at a almost 90 degree angle the ripping lets them have flexibility. Think of the ribbed part like an accordion.

Ahh it makes sense, riders now days don't rock them tho?

Some do, but regular jeans will do too. As long as they fit comfortable. I have a pair of grim tims that aren't comfortable on a bike, but are perfect for everyday wear.

The fit is not the same tho. Most biker jeans are actually baggier and have a slit for knee pads.

Going to soak my APC NS this week. Hopefully they don't shrink too much to the points where I can barely wear them.

How long have you been wearing yours?
About 6 months...Do you suggest I wait longer?
They'll stretch back assuming they aren't skin tight already
Not skin tight lol. I like the fit on them now...Just don't like the length. Ive been told to wait to hem and taper them after I do my first soak.

I also was suggested to wear them while they soak in the bathtub to keep the fit.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Just don't want this pair to go to waste.

Back
Top Bottom