*| | Denim _ School | |*

You're right. So far no luck tho.

Blue Owl Workshop does a great job and they send email updates once they receive your denim, finish the job, and again when they ship.

I bought a pair of N&F when I visited their store a few years back. I now use that pair as my go-to measurement whenever I send them a pair to work on.

Dallas finally has a great denim shop (Deep Ellum denim) but there’s not one tailor in my city that does a decent job.

Just got these in. Hate that they aren't selvedge. Also a little too much stacking for me, but a cuff or two fixes that up

E1E53469-88E4-4FEE-8CE0-DE719B011707.jpeg

how did you size on these? I'm thinking of getting the used blacks and will be ordering online.
Same size I buy their older fits in. Tts imo. There’s some places that’ll show you the measurements so you can have an idea of how they’ll fit in certain sizes

If anyone is on the budget life, Abercrombie + Fitch has $20 jeans right now on clearance. Plus $20 off $50 when you join their club thing.

They got selvedge jeans in stock too, and to pick some up at that price.

anyone know how RRL Slim denim fit, not raw denim but washed distressed rinse? Or which Denim company you would compare them to fit wise?
Looking to buy a pair

Last edited:
What’s up fellas?

So I have some apc new standards I’ve been wearing for a little over 2 years off and on... took em in a few months back to tailor the length... I’m not really happy at all with how they came out. Borderline too short for my liking. They’re actually what I asked for, I guess all my other pairs I’ve ever bought at 32” length weren’t actually 32” length.

Looks like I’ll be looking into grabbing something new probably soon.

I like how the new standards fit for the most part. A tad slimmer in the legs, and some taper at the bottom would be better.

Can anyone recommend some raw denim in the 150ish (give or take) range? Not really looking to have to alter once I have in hand, I don’t want to deal with that if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Ok.... forget the sizIng questions, as I’m sure it gets redundant in here... I’ll figure out sizing with measurements of what I currently have.

Out of those brands, which is preferred, or best bang for your buck? Should I account for stretching when picking a size?

Someone also suggested 3sixteen as well. I know a little higher than the $150 I said, but I’m willing to grab something in the low $200 range if the price is worth it versus a $150ish model. right now I’m really leaning towards japan blue, maybe n&f, possibly 3sixteen.

I don’t use any other forums, i come to you guys because some of you have been around for a while. I’m not a denim connoisseur by any means, I just like the process of raw denim as it’s been worn.

Again, thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Last edited:
Ok.... forget the sizIng questions, as I’m sure it gets redundant in here... I’ll figure out sizing with measurements of what I currently have.

Out of those brands, which is preferred, or best bang for your buck? Should I account for stretching when picking a size?

Someone also suggested 3sixteen as well. I know a little higher than the $150 I said, but I’m willing to grab something in the low $200 range if the price is worth it versus a $150ish model. right now I’m really leaning towards japan blue, maybe n&f, possibly 3sixteen.

I don’t use any other forums, i come to you guys because some of you have been around for a while. I’m not a denim connoisseur by any means, I just like the process of raw denim as it’s been worn.

Again, thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

It really depends on what you're looking for. Japan Blue and N&F have a pretty unique selection with all the various styles of denim(slubby denim, denim that fades abnormal colors like red etc.), as they're pretty experimental; 3Sixteen is pretty simplistic but their quality is good. I really don't know if 3sixteen is worth the extra $50-60, I would say the 3 you listed are on the same level. Depending on where you live, I would go check out the denim in person and obviously find the right fit for yourself.

Thanks for the reply... ended up taking the drive to the 3sixteen shop in LA yesterday, and tried on a few pairs, and ended up grabbing a pair online, since they didn’t have the weight I wanted in my size in store. I liked em in person, and where I ordered, no tax, free ship, and no extra charge to shorten the length/chain stitch.

Thanks for the reply... ended up taking the drive to the 3sixteen shop in LA yesterday, and tried on a few pairs, and ended up grabbing a pair online, since they didn’t have the weight I wanted in my size in store. I liked em in person, and where I ordered, no tax, free ship, and no extra charge to shorten the length/chain stitch.
Good call, which style/model did you decide to get?

Back
Top Bottom