*| | Denim _ School | |*

Almost exclusively slim tapered but not against a relaxed tapered if it’s not too loose
Nice. I finally got into getting tapered jeans. Just regular taper. I was used to semi baggy jeans and wasn’t sure which specs to get. I’m short and a bit stocky, so it fits me just right. Never got into skinny/slim. For some reason it makes me look shorter. Lol. I got over wearing baggy jeans. I felt too old for that ****

lots of talking here, not enough fading haha. these are my N&F Left Hand Twill (Weird Guy). i've had these since 2013 (oldest pair in my closet and intro to raw denim). maybe 10 or so washes. not sure how many wears though. they were my day to day pair between 2013 and 2015 (less wears during the summer months). don't wear em as much these days, except during the winter. they pair well with timbs haha
FYI: colors more accurate in first two pics.
2481.jpg
2482.jpg
2479.jpg
2480.jpg

ordered that pair of ONis with the red caliper button
Only company I’ve decided to double up on so far jeans wise .

“About 8 years ago, ONI replicated the 15oz orthodox denim that you'd see from Cone Mills, except with natural indigo. However, ONI didn't make jeans with this denim because of the widespread perception that low tension, extra slubby denim is the "true" ONI denim. However, ONI's founder will attest that the denim was the best "orthodox" denim he's made in his now 50 year-long career. So to mark 50 years of working in the denim industry, ONI's founder finally decided to make jeans with this unique fabric. He gave the jeans a deep matte red coated top button on the fly, adding a degree of character to the jeans inspired by his favorite sports cars which often feature bright red calipers.”

lots of talking here, not enough fading haha. these are my N&F Left Hand Twill (Weird Guy). i've had these since 2013 (oldest pair in my closet and intro to raw denim). maybe 10 or so washes. not sure how many wears though. they were my day to day pair between 2013 and 2015 (less wears during the summer months). don't wear em as much these days, except during the winter. they pair well with timbs haha
FYI: colors more accurate in first two pics.
2481.jpg
2482.jpg
2479.jpg
2480.jpg
note the condom fade

that thing never leaves his pocket

Via heddels

This time around, ONI has released something a little different from its normal super-slubby outings. Around 8 years ago, the brand replicated orthodox selvedge denim that you’d have seen from Cone Millsbut with natural indigo dye. Because the denim wasn’t ‘textbook’ for ONI and didn’t have the slubby texture the brand is known for, the denim was shelved and no jeans were made.

Fast forward to 2020 and to mark 50 years of working in the industry, ONI’s founder has finally decided to make some jeans out of the fabric, claiming that it’s the best ‘orthodox’ fabric he’s made in his longstanding career in denim. Coming in at 16 oz. and made using a low tension weave rope-dyed natural indigo selvedge denim , they feature red accents on the fly button and back pocket reinforcement stitching as a tribute to red calipers found on sports cars.

Made in Japan in a one wash, this variant with plain rear pockets is unique to NYC denim mecca Blue In Green.”
59198930-D0BD-4D7F-8478-DC291364FDC2.jpeg

nothing like the first time buttoning that top button :blush:

Lol... in your guys experience, how many soaks/washes do you guys do to get the most dye out? I hate getting jean stains on my kicks

Lol... in your guys experience, how many soaks/washes do you guys do to get the most dye out? I hate getting jean stains on my kicks

prolly more than a couple To get it out but that said even then it’s more the rubbing that’s creating the indigo transfer rather than the jeans “oooozing” color na mean?

It’s something I don’t even think about , I just charge it to the game

Fasho im wearing a pair right now that I never even soaked. I still need to do a first cold soak but opted to wait initially because I needed to stetch them the f out. They fit perfect now.

That said a few soaks should do the trick for you but a good wash would help even more. If its really an issue throw them in the washer (vs hand washing in the tub) with some woolite dark on delicate and hang dry. The excess indigo should wash out

almost a year in... I might as well wait a few. My dumb a** thought I’d be aight for a few hours. Sure enough got indigo on some suede. 🙄

Made a rando spur the moment purchase
Copped the Levi’s Virgil washed denim jacket
Needed a light wash joint and stag provisions had em slightly discounted so here I am

Also , the current line up

B987563C-64D9-455C-A8ED-AF5F3187ACC1.jpeg
from left to right

studio D GL-001 “ivy“ 13.5 oz

Blue in green BiG-801N Original Natural Indigo

ONI 16oz Red Caliper Relaxed Tapered Rope Dyed Natural Indigo

ONI ONI-679ZR Relax Spike Secret Denim20oz

PURE BLUE JAPAN X BiG Xx-019WID 14oz deep indigo relaxed tapered

sugarcane type III black denim 13oz w/ 40’s style stitching

BOM00X "Momotaro x Blue Owl" 15.7oz Selvedge Denim - Tight Tapered Fit BLACK ON BLACK going to battle stripes

i pocket carry a Kahr P380, in the pocket holster it fits in most of my back pockets. World is crazy, a lot of people have been open-carrying in Kentucky since the pandemic and at this point, I’m not against that.
MA laws are strict. It’s gotta be concealed. I wish we were an open carry state

I’m curious in sizing since denim usually stretches.

Back
Top Bottom