*| | Denim _ School | |*

So I did my first soak on a pair of jeans..my question is how do you wash your jeans after the first soak? Do you do another soak or wash in washer?

Kind of a Loaded question ,

Your first soak was to get them to shrink to fit? If so then there’s no reason to wash till you've put in work

personally, when I wash I soak for 10-15mins , drain that gross water , soak In water with baby detergent or woolie dark for another 20-30 but I agitate every couple mins Like you’d get in a Machine wash... I drain again then I Just kinda give them a shower rinse to get any soapy water out or maybe another light soak for the same reason and voila Good to go

that being said I’ve had the dudes at self edge tell me most people are doing too much and that a machine was on gentle /cold is more than enough and safe but idk, paying 400 for some jeans for them to get those whack machine wash line fades in em is not it

The pair I sent off to Railcar Fine Goods just came back. They knocked the taper and hem out of the park. Really happy with them. It does suck that Unbranded fit was so trash off the rack.

D12E2CA1-7871-457F-ACB9-7F5D3A3C93C9.jpeg

99093154-8BFB-434D-A969-6ACD6AF8C7FE.jpeg

i’ve sent a few pairs in to rail car and they always do a great job. worth every penny

been wanting to get some Momos recently. haven’t bought a pair of denim in forever. anybody have any experience/suggestions? :nerd:

wearing my blue owl/momo collabo joints today , ( BOM00X "Momotaro x Blue Owl" 15.7oz Selvedge Denim - Tight Tapered Fit )
At almost 16 ounces these are easily the stiffest toughest pair of jeans I own and by that I mean most difficult to wear .. not really in a bad way but Ilets just say I won’t be doing thanksgiving dinner in these this year .
They have like zero give compared to the ONI 20ounce secret denim which is legit like some sweat pants in comparison
If you’re not a tight pants guy I would avoid momotaros tighter fits or just make sure you sizing right
That being said they are dope, materials/weights they work with are good and they have a cool story if that kinda thing floats your boat

I dont have any Momo's, but these Strike Gold are the dopest pair I've had yet. They're also the tightest. I needed to size up but I got the biggest size they had left.

Thus far Ive had Sugar Cane, couple Flat Head, LVC and I had a custom pair created for me by this Japanese brand called Double Volante. I'll have to post pics of those lol I went wild with em. Custom art dyed pocket bags, Japanese selvage chambray lined back pockets.. 😂

Sounds ****in bananas

Off the top of my head I can’t remember if it’s studio D or sugarcane, could be wrong all together but a lil while back someone dropped some “crazy denim” like one leg heavier/different color but not tooo different than the other
All types of different Stitching
All 4(5?) pockets are different , be it shapes or pocket Arc or whatever
Two back leather patches I think even

If it Sounds like too much It’s because it was but they were still kinda fire To me :pimp:

Kind of a Loaded question ,

Your first soak was to get them to shrink to fit? If so then there’s no reason to wash till you've put in work

personally, when I wash I soak for 10-15mins , drain that gross water , soak In water with baby detergent or woolie dark for another 20-30 but I agitate every couple mins Like you’d get in a Machine wash... I drain again then I Just kinda give them a shower rinse to get any soapy water out or maybe another light soak for the same reason and voila Good to go

that being said I’ve had the dudes at self edge tell me most people are doing too much and that a machine was on gentle /cold is more than enough and safe but idk, paying 400 for some jeans for them to get those whack machine wash line fades in em is not it
Gotcha, I guess my question may have been confusing. What I’m really asking is how long after the first soak do you do another soak? 2,4,6 months?

Gotcha, I guess my question may have been confusing. What I’m really asking is how long after the first soak do you do another soak? 2,4,6 months?

id go more based on wears
Obviously you catch a doo doo stain you gotta wash em but I’ve purchased say 6 pairs since the beginning of the year and only have washed one.
i smoke weed everyday and have a cat and not one pair are noticeably dirty/smelly

only reason I washed the pair I did was cuz Igot some paint marker drip drops on the thigh

Yup, best bet is to hold off as long as you can but wash em when they need to be washed. Period.

That first soak is to get any shrinking out of the way, if they're unsanforized. After that you're just gonna wash em. You can still do a tub wash (I suggest Woolite Dark detergent) and just hand agitate. Or you can throw em in the washer and line dry.

When I first got into raw denim I hand washed the first couple years. Eventually I would machine wash here and there.

Now that I started this new Strike Gold pair I'm gonna go back to hand washing.

Can’t remember the last time I put on some jeans but saw decent sales yesterday and ordered a madewell selvedge rinsed resin pair and an edwin washed black pair. Hope they fit since they only have minimal stretch.

Heads up anyone who isn’t signed up BLUE IN GREEN newsletter email ****
DO IT
They offering a Father’s Day promo through sign up
10% then another 20% is I think how it’s been explained ?

their least expensive ones fluctuate between $30-$45 before any discounts. Most sites are sold out. And I do think it’s kinda a new statement/accessory now. I’ve gotten into most recently, and to my surprise, a lot of people have been throwing unsolicited compliments. Also the first one I purchased was specifically so I wouldn’t have to wear a mask, now I’m hooked.

at that price point I’m in
Not surprised they sell out so quick

I can get behind a lot 100$ things
That said idk if I’m fuxxxin with a hunna on the bandana ... but this is “post Rona “ so maybe that’s the new flex ?
their least expensive ones fluctuate between $30-$45 before any discounts. Most sites are sold out. And I do think it’s kinda a new statement/accessory now. I’ve gotten into most recently, and to my surprise, a lot of people have been throwing unsolicited compliments. Also the first one I purchased was specifically so I wouldn’t have to wear a mask, now I’m hooked.

Yo I literally told my girl yesterday I'm dropping the mask I've been wearing and picking up a bandana.

Fashionable + utility

Oh that’s a fact
As of Memorial Day weekend’s results nationwide (let’s say 2 weeks after) I dropped the mask and started doing black/white bandanas myself

not gonna sit here and say the whole thing is a scam but at this point the amount of police I see with no mask in NYC After all these protests starts to make you go hmmmm

Oh that’s a fact
As of Memorial Day weekend’s results nationwide (let’s say 2 weeks after) I dropped the mask and started doing black/white bandanas myself

not gonna sit here and say the whole thing is a scam but at this point the amount of police I see with no mask in NYC After all these protests starts to make you go hmmmm
i would refrain from using NYPD as a compass for proper health repercussions.

what weight denim are y’all rocking in the summer? thinking of picking up some 12.5-13oz jawns

I tried to order another pair of ONI’s from blue In green this time in a 16oz thru that sale and got charged and also got an error message on the website with no order confirmation
Happened like 9am so I sent them an email with a screenshot to try and get it sorted
Nothing yet

i would refrain from using NYPD as a compass for proper health repercussions.

what weight denim are y’all rocking in the summer? thinking of picking up some 12.5-13oz jawns

Gap skinny selvedge which I believe are 13 oz. Also got some N&F that are super lightweight.

i just got a duck canvas Carhartt Overall bib in today in black, heavy duty, but definitely seems doable on a cool summer night. I can’t believe I bought a pair of overalls, and they feel cozy as hell. Not sure what level of the game this is, but I’m wit it.

i’ve sent a few pairs in to rail car and they always do a great job. worth every penny
These are unbranded brand? They look good, I don't remember them looking like this. I got a pair from Urban outfitters years and years ago. I may have to revisit a UB pair after my APC's and naked and famous are worn in.

Back
Top Bottom