*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I just copped a pair of Naked & Famous Weird Guys, should be here next week. Dropped $120 with free shipping. I really did want to cop a pair of Weird Guys Deep Inidigo which is 15oz compared to the usual 13oz but they discounted you them. But I would like the try the 21oz Slim Guys in the near future.

If I don't grab a pair of Black Slim Guys, the 21oz will definitely be the next pair of denim I buy, maybe lol.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

I tried on a pair of 21oz and I liked them a lot

samurais will be the next pair i buy
pimp.gif

For APC new standards, go one size up from what you wear for the blue pair if you want a black pair. My blue pair fits perfect but the black is more like askinny jean fit

Originally Posted by 5tan

Okay so something interesting happened today...
I was sitting on the bus, when I decided to readjust myself, but something funny happened, it felt awkward cause I didnt feel the denim, yet I was wearing jeans.
Needless to say, I discovered that the pencil sized hole that was there, turned into one the size of a golf ball, maybe larger.
Not sure when this happened, so I could have been walking the city with a huge hole in my pants (walked up many flights of stairs too) FML.

2cict1c.jpg

So, I'm wondering how I should fix my beloved KMWs.
Should I just sew the ripped sides together? I have an old pair of Nudies I don't wear anymore so I was thinking to take the pant leg off those to patch the hole from the inside.

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

Slim Jim Broken Twill at about 5 months or so.
30w1ri8.jpg

you must sag like crazy

i know nothing about jeans.. but i really like both of these... is there a site where i can order them. thanks guys

The pair on top are a pair of Kicking Mule Workshops... available at ContextClothing.com (or google the brand and peep their website for a list of retailers).The second pair of Nudie Slim Jims. Context also sells Nudies but not sure if they have the Slim Jims, check out SelfEdge.com as well.

But take the time to check the measurements or find a local shop to find a fit that suits you.

^ yea
self edge for nudies ( there is a 20 or 25 percent code out there online just use google)
KMW- deminbaronline.com

5tan-thanks

Originally Posted by Tony Goalie

Slim Jim Broken Twill at about 5 months or so.
30w1ri8.jpg
How are those whiskers even possible? Either dude is a ****** or he's sagging crucially.

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

ahh man. the sizes confuse me. im not so tall lol. in fact im not tall at all. 5 '7 34 30 would be the size im looking for.. Would it be the same for these fitted jeans? for this pair in particular.. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6
For APC New Standards, the inseam (length) is 36. If that's too long you might want to look into getting them tailored. Also, for NewStandards, if you're looking for a pair that will fit right, you'll want to size down two from your true waist size. It's going to be pretty tightbut these jeans stretch like no other.

If you're normally a 34 you'll probably want to size down to either a tagged size 32 (for a more fitted fit) or a 33 (if you want a little more roombut I'd personally go with the 32) because these will stretch after a week or two.

The inseam on those APCs are a 34, so you might want to get them hemmed (or you could leave them at 34 to get some stacking). Like I said to someone earlieryou probably want to leave an extra two inches (hem them to 32 if you normally like a 30), since they're raw you'll start to get honeycombs (bunchingup behind the knees) after a few wears which will eat up 1 inch of the inseam and when you wash them you'll lose another 3/4 inch or so in shrinkage.I'm 5'7 too, I made the mistake of cutting these down to a 31 and regretted it after I gave em a few soaks/wash.

Originally Posted by DL2352

ahh man. the sizes confuse me. im not so tall lol. in fact im not tall at all. 5 '7 34 30 would be the size im looking for.. Would it be the same for these fitted jeans? for this pair in particular.. http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6
For APC New Standards, the inseam (length) is 36. If that's too long you might want to look into getting them tailored. Also, for New Standards, if you're looking for a pair that will fit right, you'll want to size down two from your true waist size. It's going to be pretty tight but these jeans stretch like no other.

aww thats weird.. how long is this strecthing process take.. just a few wears.. or id have to wear them for months straight?

APCs all have the same length. Most people just rock them with a cuff and stack. If you really need to, you can head to the nearest tailor or drycleaners and get them hemmed. So since you wear a 34 in regular jeans, you should go with a 32. But to give you fair warning, they are gonna be tight as hellfor the first couple of wears, but they will stretch out.

couple of weeks.. !*#. How about if wear them to bed a few nights. would that do the job. Im not really into the tight look.. id just prefer to have somethinga bit more fitted than im used too. i think maybe just 1 size down would be fine?

couple of weeks.. !*#. How about if wear them to bed a few nights. would that do the job. Im not really into the tight look.. id just prefer to have something a bit more fitted than im used too. i think maybe just 1 size down would be fine?
easy way to do it is just wear them around the house when you're not outside for a bit until they stretch out. you can wear them to bed too.

couple of weeks.. !*#. How about if wear them to bed a few nights. would that do the job. Im not really into the tight look.. id just prefer to have something a bit more fitted than im used too. i think maybe just 1 size down would be fine?
What type of jeans are you wearing right now? It's gonna take some time for the jeans to break in, but if you're looking for more of astraight leg jean, I'd go with the APC Rescues. The NS are a little tighter and have a slight taper at the bottom.

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

What type of jeans are you wearing right now? It's gonna take some time for the jeans to break in, but if you're looking for more of a straight leg jean, I'd go with the APC Rescues. The NS are a little tighter and have a slight taper at the bottom.
I bought my pair three sizes down (accidentally
laugh.gif
When I got them I thought I was a true 31 when I was more like a 32 or 33) I slept in themfor about four nights before i was able to button everything
laugh.gif
they were stupid tight for like two weeks but were getting better. with time, and withoutmyself really even noticing, i slimmed down a bit to a real 30/31 and the jeans are a bit loose now (in terms of fitted jeans).

You might want to look into the Rescues. They won't have the same fitted look but maybe you'd be more comfortable in them if you're not looking forsomething too tight.

Should be known that those KMWs have been with constant wear (3-5 times a week) on a year + 2 months.
Walking in the rain sometimes sets me back though, lol.

Jeans are really nice though. I'd def cop another pair in the future, since the store I got them from usually does 50%off on them when they have their 2sales each year. I recent picked up a pair of distressed 'Rockers' on revolve for like 50% off. Fit/Look great.

Back
Top Bottom