*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Gregory House

For APC NS should I size down 1 instead of 2 since I want a straight not a tight fit?

i would still size down 2. theyre gonna stretch like crazy

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

bustinxjustin - it's built australian tough, plus imperials are notorious for they're toughness
These aren't really that tough. They are only 14.25 ounces. Try some 19 or 21 ounce denim to see tough.

Next week, I'll show you some pictures of my imperials worn for about 6-7 months. I'm swamped with schoolwork right now.

Anyone have/had Imperial Kings? I found them for $150 but don't want them to be too baggy, I was thinking Dukes were always a good fit for me, never triedeither though.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Anyone have/had Imperial Kings? I found them for $150 but don't want them to be too baggy, I was thinking Dukes were always a good fit for me, never tried either though.
Take a ruler/measuring tape and a pair of your jeans with your preferred fit and compare your measurements to those at SE (leg opening and thighmeasurements would probably tell you the most)

http://www.selfedge.com/s...th=33&products_id=186

Really though if you're not looking for anything baggy and you've always thought of Duke as a good fit then no matter the price those Kings are notworth it. If you're spending money on nice denim, don't settle and make sure you get it right.

ok i need to know wats a good site for "good" jeans looking to spend "no more" then 150 a pair any help
nerd.gif

^ the inseam on NCs are 34 inches but don't let an inseam get in the way. Just buy them and get them hemmed.

I'd probably leave an extra inch or two on them compared to your normal length given they're raw, once the honeycombs form they'll eat up about aninch or so in length and once you give them a wash/soak you'll lose another 3/4" as well (even though they're sanforized).

Originally Posted by ro0ts

^ the inseam on NCs are 34 inches but don't let an inseam get in the way. Just buy them and get them hemmed.

I'd probably leave an extra inch or two on them compared to your normal length given they're raw, once the honeycombs form they'll eat up about an inch or so in length and once you give them a wash/soak you'll lose another 3/4" as well (even though they're sanforized).

Alright, thanks man
smile.gif
cop for me!
pimp.gif

I have some APC new standards...worn about 6-7 months(maybe longer) no wash or soak
Too wash them what should I do? I've washed raw denim(Levi stf) before with no dramatic results just looking for some other opinions

Originally Posted by CasperJr

ok i need to know wats a good site for "good" jeans looking to spend "no more" then 150 a pair any help
nerd.gif
It's all subjective really but a good place to start might be a pair of Nudies, they've got a boatload of fits and people generally thinkthey've got good quality. SelfEdge.com offers 25% off their Nudies (coupon code is StyleForumNudies I think) so they'd be under $150 and free shippingtoo.
Originally Posted by that WAVE

I have some APC new standards...worn about 6-7 months(maybe longer) no wash or soak
Too wash them what should I do? I've washed raw denim(Levi stf) before with no dramatic results just looking for some other opinions
I washed my new standards after 6 months by just giving them a cold/warm soak, flipped inside out, in the tub with a decent amount of WooliteDark. But really was underwhelmed with the results to be honest. It did seem like my fades were setting in faster in the month or two after however. You mightwant to drop them off at the drycleaners if you're looking for high contrast fades or if you just want to lose a good amount of indigo wash them (notflipped inside out) either with a Woolite soak or in the washer with the delicate cycle.

^I was thinking about the dry cleaners but I did that with a pair of evisus and it left them with a good contrast with fades however there was almost like ashiny film over the jeans

Originally Posted by ro0ts

Originally Posted by CasperJr

nerd.gif
It's all subjective really but a good place to start might be a pair of Nudies, they've got a boatload of fits and people generally think they've got good quality. SelfEdge.com offers 25% off their Nudies (coupon code is StyleForumNudies I think) so they'd be under $150 and free shipping too.
wearing a 40w ftl
tired.gif
just looked on that site and didnt seenothing above 38w oh well back to the gym i go guess i have something to look to now

Originally Posted by LB510

^ a 38 in Average Joe's or Regular Ralph Boot cut may work.
nope cant take that change G
laugh.gif

what type of stores carry nudie jeans?

would i have a chance of finding something above 38 or thats the highest they go?

and to add to it they shrink so i may even need a 42
sick.gif
sick.gif
tired.gif

^^
laugh.gif
iight good to hear i was about to lose my mind with that @@@%

any were i can go to so i can try them on atleast?

^ DUDE I'm telling you 38 would work.
I have the RR's and there huge compared to any other 34 I have ever had
Where do you live?

I think a 38 would work as well. They may feel tight when you first get them but with wear they'll stretch out a to the next size. I see your in Chicagoso I wouldn't know what stores or boutiques carry them there.. you may want to try calling stores that carry high end denim.

If anything, I would just order from Self Edge and if they're not a good fit you can always return them.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

depends where you're at. i know barney's carries nudies
im in chicago and we have barneys here to dont kno why i didnt think of that store
embarassed.gif
but good looking ill be back with updates
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Both of these are sz 34 both nudies I'd try the pair to the left or a air of Apc rescues < a little bit cheaper (both are raw selvage denim)

ok you guys was right
laugh.gif

Disclaimer: These jeans are made of raw sanforized denim, when washed, the denim will shrink approximately .5" in length (inseam) and .5" in waist. Please keep this in mind when choosing your size. The denim will also stretch in the waist up to 1.75" after approximately 40 wears.

for some reason i never got to the bold part
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
im out i need to sleep

What's a good pair of raw selvage denim for under 150?
I've been google searching, but I really don't know where to start. Something that fits like Levis 501s or slightly slimmer would be nice. I'm notreally feeling those super skinny jeans. Straight leg and im good to go,

Thanks..........

Back
Top Bottom