*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Originally Posted by Koudie From BroOklyn

Picked up 2 pair form the A.P.C store in soho today.. Went down just one sz in the New standard Black denim jointz.. which seem to be limited. A bit tight in the calf Area, Will that change. The waste is a bit loose. not much but not as tight as i thought it would be. Also picked up the Dark indigo New standard in sz 32 which fit better.. why is that ? Both pair are the same just different colors.
Once again will the calf area stretch.. im not into the tight look.. id prefer for them to be just a bit loose. Thanks in adavance
if the apc waist is loose return them and size down unless you want to them a bit baggy because overall they will stretch out.

Too late. I never wear belts.. Until yesterday lol. Wore them to bed a few times.. but they have stretched too much. Not soo much in the calf area like i wanted.. but instead at the waist. Wish i would have picked up 2 sz's smaller in that pair. ( new standard black denim ) 32 fitz like 34. Calf area still a bit tight.. id like it to be a lil loose.. any ideas?
sell them and get a size 29 or 30.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by icopjordans82

quick question which nudies fit like levi's 514????

I'd say the Slim Jim, except they fit 10x better
glasses.gif
enh, I'm no expert, but I do have A pair of Slim Jim's and a couple 514s and these are nothing alike. The Slim Jim is way more slim thanthe 514. I'd say whatever fit is next on the Nudie line. Regular Ralf's?

Originally Posted by northparkblind

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Just picked up a pair of raw RL denim from TJ MAXX for $50..

I just wanted to make sure these are raw, and not pre-washed.. Can anyone confirm this for me??

pics?
76235a9be56a52543f544c380f622517f9224c6.jpg

excuse the iphone pic.. Anyone know, raw or not?

I just got my first pair of 501's, they're
pimp.gif
. I never really wasinto straight leg jeans before, plus I'm pretty muscular so it's hard for me to find jeans that fit my waist properly but aren't painted onto mylegs. Can professional tailors change bootcut jeans into straight leg? Is that even worth it?

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

pimp.gif
. I never really was into straight leg jeans before, plus I'm pretty muscular so it's hard for me to find jeans that fit my waist properly but aren't painted onto my legs. Can professional tailors change bootcut jeans into straight leg? Is that even worth it?

Did you size up on the inseam, cause they shrink a bit?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

pimp.gif
. I never really was into straight leg jeans before, plus I'm pretty muscular so it's hard for me to find jeans that fit my waist properly but aren't painted onto my legs. Can professional tailors change bootcut jeans into straight leg? Is that even worth it?

Did you size up on the inseam, cause they shrink a bit?
Really? The guy at the store told me maybe 1/4 inch max. They're a 32 inseam, but there's still some stacking so I think it should beokay. They're not STF if it matters?

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

If they aren't STF they won't shrink. They will stretch after a while after break-in.

Hm, okay, cool. Any idea how much they stretch? They fit pretty much perfectly right now without having worn or washed them, they're a 31x32. Would I needto size down to 30? I still have all the tags on and receipt.

they might stretch out a little but if you're cool with wearing a belt then don't sweat it.
however, it also depends how much you're going to be wearing em. if you're the kind that is gonna wear em 5 days a week then go ahead and size down, ifit's just once a week or less then don't bother. personally I would size down

Originally Posted by sportz4life10

they might stretch out a little but if you're cool with wearing a belt then don't sweat it.
however, it also depends how much you're going to be wearing em. if you're the kind that is gonna wear em 5 days a week then go ahead and size down, if it's just once a week or less then don't bother. personally I would size down

Hm, okay. I've got a pretty large jean rotation, so I'd maybe wear them once a week or once every 2 weeks, but maybe I'll go back to the store andsee how the 30's fit. I hate it when jeans stretch out and the butt gets all saggy. I'd prefer not to wear a belt to keep my pants up.

^ Depends the jean. If it's pre-washed then it shouldn't change that much. If it's Raw/Selvedge then washing them would change the way it looksdepending on the wear you've put on them.

well i haven't worn them yet because they run on my white sneakers so i wondered if washing them would effect the fade.

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

A few new additions to the family

I was happy as hell when I was able to find these No.2 2001 Evisu. The newer made in China ones are alright, but there is nothing like the made in Japan Evisu.

These were so comfortable, I just had to cop.

They're both
pimp.gif

Evisu doesn't get much love anymore.I blame the hood.

eek.gif
Sick.

pimp.gif

How is wide is the leg opening on those non selvedge evisus? Those are regular fit, right?

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by Shaze804

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

A few new additions to the family

I was happy as hell when I was able to find these No.2 2001 Evisu. The newer made in China ones are alright, but there is nothing like the made in Japan Evisu.

These were so comfortable, I just had to cop.

They're both
pimp.gif

Evisu doesn't get much love anymore.I blame the hood.

eek.gif
Sick.

pimp.gif

How is wide is the leg opening on those non selvedge evisus? Those are regular fit, right?

The fit is regular, and the leg opening is about 11.5-12 inches. I was going to go for the straight fit which has a 10 inch opening, but they were a littletight around the thigh area.

i'm 13 months in with my average joe nudies with no wash . . i want to soak them but i'd rather let them fade by themselves.

have any of you regretted soaking your denim? . . not liking the results?

Originally Posted by ireminisce

i'm 13 months in with my average joe nudies with no wash . . i want to soak them but i'd rather let them fade by themselves.

have any of you regretted soaking your denim? . . not liking the results?
i regretted not soaking them in the beginning. if they strink, even a little bit, the progress might be fruitless..

nudies are sanforized = minimal shrinking
it shouldnt be an issue

also you misspelled DHARMA in you sig

well i haven't worn them yet because they run on my white sneakers so i wondered if washing them would effect the fade.

enh, I have 1 pair of TR's from about a year ago that I bought for $80 at their outlet in Woodbury. I also have a pair of black 7's from way way back.So not really, but I'm not gonna push them to the back of my closet because the hype train has died down.

Back
Top Bottom