*| | Denim _ School | |*

Its been asked countless times in here but im on the east coast for the next 3 months. Need to find a good tailor in NJ/NY tristate area to taper these 6 jeans from the knee down I have

Any suggestions (Ive already contact Stanton Tailor and they are all full till January :smh: )

Its been asked countless times in here but im on the east coast for the next 3 months. Need to find a good tailor in NJ/NY tristate area to taper these 6 jeans from the knee down I have

Any suggestions (Ive already contact Stanton Tailor and they are all full till January
mean.gif
)
Any tailor should be able to do this.

Are they selvedge jeans? If so, ask them to taper from the inseam, not the outseam.

Last edited:

Any suggestions (Ive already contact Stanton Tailor and they are all full till January
mean.gif
)
I imagine that Self Edge should be able to do it. Bit pricey though. 

Any tailor should be able to do this.

Are they selvedge jeans? If so, ask them to taper from the inseam, not the outseam.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been wanting to get my APC pair tapered for the longest time. I now know what to say lol

Any suggestions (Ive already contact Stanton Tailor and they are all full till January :smh: )

you try posting in the Dressing Better thread?

bunch of folks from NY/NJ area in there, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

i sent mine off to Rail Car Fine Goods, but it could get pricey for you with multiple pairs.

Last edited:
SelfEdge only hems jeans, I believe.

Any tailor should be able to taper jeans from the inseam, but most won't be able to maintain the chainstitch hem (if you have it on your denim).

you try posting in the Dressing Better thread?

bunch of folks from NY/NJ area in there, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

i sent mine off to Rail Car Fine Goods, but it could get pricey for you with multiple pairs.

Thanks for this info and I forgot all about that thread. I heard Rail Car Fine Goods

Was discussing in the Yeezy thread, but people suggested we go post it in this thread.   I've been trying to find a pair of black denim but just cannot seem to find the perfect pair.  Best fitting pair is cheap H&M slim low cut, but they are not high quality.   Have since tried N&F Weird Guy black selvedge, Uniqlo Skinny Tapered black selvedge, and most recently Levi's 501CT black selvedge.   H&M still fit the best overall.   Here are the measurements I took last night: 

^^^^Just buy the one you like material wise and then go get it tapered at a shop to your specific specifications. It might cost more but at least the jeans will be a 1 of 1 as far as fit, and will make your Yeezys look dope. :tongue:

^^^^Just buy the one you like material wise and then go get it tapered at a shop to your specific specifications. It might cost more but at least the jeans will be a 1 of 1 as far as fit, and will make your Yeezys look dope.
tongue.gif
Yea I know, but if I keep the selvedge ones I would have to get them tapered from the inseam instead of the outseam (so as to not **** up the selvedge). 

What is crazy about all of it is that the measurements are SO close between each of the pairs, but even the smallest changes in measurement make a huge difference in the looks. 

Like my H&M Olive are the best "looking" pair (and feeling, not too tight so your junk is getting squeezed, don't have problems getting my phone in/out of my pocket, can lift my knees to my chest no problem) and they have a 6.75" leg opening.  The Levi's 501CT have a 6.875" leg opening (literally 1/8th of an inch larger), but they look so much baggier and different when you wear them. 

measurements are everything. especially if you are looking for a specific fit. I have given up on finding a pair that fits me the way I want. The two measurements I look at when buying are waist, rise and thigh, from there the rest can be altered (thigh can too if too big). From there it's off to a tailor for my specific measurements. I recommend railcar if you don't have a tailor jear by, great work.

Sure it ends up being way more expensive, but I had got to the point where I was buying denim and giving them away or returning them cause I wasn't happy with the fit.

measurements are everything. especially if you are looking for a specific fit. I have given up on finding a pair that fits me the way I want. The two measurements I look at when buying are waist, rise and thigh, from there the rest can be altered (thigh can too if too big). From there it's off to a tailor for my specific measurements. I recommend railcar if you don't have a tailor jear by, great work.

Sure it ends up being way more expensive, but I had got to the point where I was buying denim and giving them away or returning them cause I wasn't happy with the fit.
Yea I know of Railcar, which is one of the few places I would trust if I wanted to keep the selvedge intact.  I had a pair of Uniqlo slims tapered by a local lady, and while she did taper from the inseam.... it still came out a bit wonky based on the type of seam on the jeans.  Those were only like $40 though, so it wasn't too big of a deal. 

Like I said... those H&M are my best fitting pair, they are just cheap / not high quality.  I ordered another pair of the Levi's 501CT selvedge (which were actually dope af when I received the first pair) in size 29 (first pair was 30) to see if maybe they are a tad slimmer / smaller leg opening.  

Here are the black jeans I'm currently debating between: 

Back
Top Bottom