*| | Denim _ School | |*

Any good leg tapering services for Selvedge jeans in NYC?
I was using Rail Car Fine Goods in Cali for years but it's too long and expensive.

Personally The Orchard Tailor Services has done like 15 of my jeans PERFECTLY and fast turnaround and cheap. Probably 24hrs or less.

Another good one is Stanton Tailor Shop

Rail Car is overpriced.

Is that the one at 145 Orchard street, bro?

Need a tailor myself.

-Drew

Is that the one at 145 Orchard street, bro?

Need a tailor myself.

-Drew

Yeah bro that's the one.

Check em out. They'll shoot you a text, call or email when your clothing is ready. It gets pretty busy in there sometimes since so many people go to them but the quality they do is A1 for the price.

Just copped my first pair of Nudie Raw Selvedge (Steady Eddies). They're in my usual size of 32 x 30 but they're a little tight in the thigh. Not so tight in the thigh that I can't wear them but if these are supposed to last me a while, I may consider sizing up. It's a tough call because the denim is still raw and they may loosen up with wears.

Do y'all think it's worth wearing them more to see if that tightness goes away when the jeans wear in? I could wear them out now and if it still feels tight after a month or so I could just hit the tailor and see if they can add a little width in the thigh.

Or do y'all think it's better to just size up now and go to the tailor to get them tailored to the perfect width in the thigh? I'm going to have to hit the tailor anyway to get the leg opening to where I want it.

Was craving to get back into raw denim as I scale down my wardrobe and care a lot more about quality pieces...

Went into Self Edge nyc with intentions to grab some 21oz Iron heart 888s but they only had the over dyed version in my size.

Ended up getting some Momotaro 0405-V (high tapered fit) from blueingreen for 20% off. Lighter ounce at 15.7 but can wear these in the hottest months more often. Very pleased with the 2 weeks ive had them so far and the details of the jeans. Will still pick up the IH’s when my size becomes available next year smh unless I decide to get the OD's for a darker contrast once these momo's start fading.

9F0F5935-3835-4902-B646-F539CD17B1CB.jpeg
21B2D5D2-29C9-4D63-AFA8-8ED92F1E6BE7.jpeg

Last edited:
Great pick up! I live in San Francisco and love stopping by Self Edge to check out all the awesome Japanese brands they have in stock. Post some fit pics!

thread still kicking!

reminding me i need to stop by SE to drop off a pair for repairs :lol:

thread still kicking!

reminding me i need to stop by SE to drop off a pair for repairs :lol:

Yeahh, I had to drop off two of my Iron Hearts the past two months and now I have to drop off another pair in the future; fortunately I have my Stevensons which are my go to right now. These damn repairs really add up but it takes around 9-11 months for me to require a repair.

Not sure yet if ima keep these GStars...what you denim bros think? I feel like they look a little too hood for my taste..

75E0DCEF-56E6-490C-85C7-1F220AF5E743.jpeg

If you going to do biker jeans you might as well splurge and get a pair of Balmain. Ssense has a pretty good sale going on

I wouldn't save her, would just say I had some spare change to hang out for a few hours.

Yeah bro that's the one.

Check em out. They'll shoot you a text, call or email when your clothing is ready. It gets pretty busy in there sometimes since so many people go to them but the quality they do is A1 for the price.

Nice bro.

I needed to get some Nudies and Naked & Famous denim tailored.

Want to get the leg opening to a 6.5.

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom