*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

anybody got some good websites where i can get some good selvedge denim jeans?
thanks in advance.

www.selfedge.com
www.blueingreensoho.com

Originally Posted by peep the kicks

looking to cop apc rescues...anyone got a fit pic?
nerd.gif

don't get rescues, they have a weird calf bulge.  its slim all the way down to the calves and it's bulgy, unless you have huge calves.  get new standards instead.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

Quick question for you guys, how do Nudie average joes fit compared to Levi's 514?~

roughly similar

Originally Posted by il prescelto

yeah did a soak, they got a bit tighter.
im choosing between samurai 710s, iron heart slim 21 oz, and pure blue japan 0013s.. not sure haha

get pbj 0013 or 710s.  in my experience, heavy denim has a very hard time setting in creases. 

Originally Posted by davidisgodly

Howdo I wash my selvage demin? It's earnest sewn jeans, the dye stickslike crazy, talking about noo fading after a year of wear.

How do I wash this pair of jeans?

just do a hot water wash. 

Hope this helps everybody out.

We just re-upped on New Standards at the shop...hit me up if you're interested.

This has probably been asked..

I have Nudies AJs right now and they are too baggy..

What pair of Nudies or any brand with raw denim has a Levi's 511 fit?

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Thanks reigndrop

What's the difference between the two?~

They're practically the same fit, give a take a few fractions of an inch here or there.  If you're looking for the 514 fit, go true to size on the AJs.

This has probably been asked..

I have Nudies AJs right now and they are too baggy..

What pair of Nudies or any brand with raw denim has a Levi's 511 fit?

Nudies Thin Fin or Grim Tim or Slim Jim

nerd.gif

Here are mine.  1.5 years of pretty casual wear (evenings and weekends basically).  1 soak, three machine washes.
_4085578.jpg

_4085580.jpg

_4085581.jpg

_4085577.jpg

im gonna get some new cures...anyone got needsupply coupons?? i got a 10% from StyF..anything better? or another site with these with better coupon?

^ Thanks again reigndrop.

Yeah, I'm basically looking for a 514 fit, but with a smaller leg opening at the bottom. Guess, I got to get them taper.~

do stf 501's keep shrinking after every soak? ive done 2 hot soaks since i got them last week and they still seem a little too long.

Iron Heart Ombre & Mini-Check Flannels and more...Iron Heart has just done a set of flannel shirts in two styles, each style in two colors.Both the Ombre pattern and the Mini-Check have triple-brushed outers for a super soft hand-feel.They nailed the colors on these, perfect for the spring and summer.These are in along with a restock of the Cordura jackets Hickory Stripe Shirts, Super Black Rider's Jacket, Super Black Vests, brass buckle belts, Super Heavy Selvedge Chambray shirts, and all the jean models they produce.These are all available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store. Iron Heart's shirts are only made in one run per year, there are no restocks.http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71Iron Heart Ombre Flannel - BlueIron Heart Ombre Flannel - GreenIron Heart Mini-Check Flannel - PurpleIron Heart Mini-Check Flannel - RedIron Heart Hickory Stripe Shirt

Flat Head Spring 2010 Shirt Collection and the 1001 Slim Heavy Weight JeanIt feels like a while since we received a large shipment of Flat Head shirts all at once, but the new spring season is now shipping from Flat Head. We've got a great selection of new shirts in various colors; as always Flat Head is known for their original fabrics which they spend months perfecting and which they produce exclusively for their shirts. We've also received a new FH Loopwheeled t-shirt which is produced for us up to size 46.The Flat Head 1001 Slim jean in a heavy weight 16oz unsanforized indigo denim is back in stock, and now available up to size 38 for the first time. Flat Head's denim is known for it's amazing fading properties and this is a heavier version of their regular denim.We've received a restock of the Flat Head cordovan card cases (small wallets) in both black and tan leathers and also a restock of the black Mid-Length Wallets and Sterling Silver Feather Rings.All these Flat Head shirts, the 1001 jean, the Flat Head Feather Ring, cordovan card cases, a small restock of the SE05BSP, F380, and Women's Balder jean are now available at SESF, SENY, and in our online store:http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=68Flat Head Spring 2010 Shirt CollectionFlat Head Bikers & Vintage Loopwheeled T-ShirtFlat Head 1001 Slim Heavyweight JeanFlat Head Sterling Silver Feather RingFlat Head Black Leather Mid-Length WalletFlat Head Cordovan Small Wallets

Looking to get rid of these for cheap.  From The Hundreds first run of selvedge denim. Size 36. Straight fit through the leg, but not baggy. I guess you could compare the fit to Levis 514s. PM me for more info

Originally Posted by forwardlean

nerd.gif

Here are mine.  1.5 years of pretty casual wear (evenings and weekends basically).  1 soak, three machine washes.
dope rescues.

I Just soaked mines after few months of on and off wear. will probably post pics  in a week or two.

Has anyone gotten their jeans tapered? My rescues are bell bottoming more and more and I was thinking about bringing it to a tailor so it can be tapered. Any experiences?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Has anyone gotten their jeans tapered? My rescues are bell bottoming more and more and I was thinking about bringing it to a tailor so it can be tapered. Any experiences?
I have had a few pairs of old jeans tapered from the days when flared/boot cuts were popular.  It works OK, but for it to be done well the tailor will almost always open the leg up from the outside seam and restitch them.  In the case of your rescues, this will cause you to lose the selvedge line.  Not a big deal, but its a little less neat if you cuff your jeans. Mine actually have a little buldge around the mid thigh where the legs were opened up and then resown down.  They're basically scrub jeans at this point. 

Self Edge x Superfuture 004.SFO SuperParty & Sale
SExSUFUxSFO-2010-250x300.1.jpg
The fourth Self Edge x Superfuture party and sale is coming up on Saturday May 1st and is already turning out to be the best one yet in terms of attendance and planned events. Our very own Sidney Lo has produced a book which encompasses what Superfuture is about. On a personal level the book has left us speechless; it's a testament to his photography skills and a documentation of the project which led Sidney through the world over a three year period. The book is titled "Taking Pictures of People Who Take Pictures of Themselves" and will be released at the party on May 1st.Self Edge x Superfuture 004.SFO SuperParty, Sale, & Sidney Lo's Book Release6pm - 10pm, Saturday, May 1st714 Valencia Street - San FranciscoSale Info:Everything at both the SF and NY store will be 11% off on May 1st, one percent for every year Superfuture has been around. Customers not attending the party can use a coupon code for 11% off everything in our online store (for 4 days) starting at 9AM Friday April 30th, the coupon code will be good until Monday May 3rd at 5pm (PST). Sale terms cannot be retroactive for past purchases. Coupon Code for 11% off everything: SuperFutureParty004SuperphotosSelf Edge has rented a vintage style photobooth from http:///glasscoatphotobooth.com/"" target="_blank">Glass Coat Photo, the booth will be at the party all night, everybody will be able to use it for free and get photostrips from the booth. All those not attending the party can log onto Glass Coat's website to check out all the obscene photos taken through-out the night. What will take place at the Self Edge x Superfuture Party:-We will talk denim, clothing, and anything Japanese-Self Edge has rented the http:///www.karascupcakes.com/karavan.html"" target="_blank">Kara's Cupcake Karavan to pass out cupcakes at the party; Kara's makes the best cupcakes you've ever had.-Alcohol in the form of Beer will be served to those of age-Loud music and name tags, once again-Every purchase made in the store during the event will be entered into a drawing for prizes listed below-We will be giving away a grand prize to the best dressed male and best dressed female courtesy of Superfuture (The judges will be Superfuture Mods and Myself)-Superfuture tees will be given away courtesy of Superfuture-There will be free souvenir bandanas given out at the door from Sugar Cane & Buzz RicksonSelf Edge x Supefuture 004.SFO SuperParty Sponsor Party Raffle Give-a-WayssuperfutureSuperfuture Tees (Given to Best Dressed, chosen by SuFu Mods)Self Edge$100 Gift Certificate (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)$50 Gift Certificate (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)Pabst Blue RibbonFree PBR for all (21+)Mad River BrewingFree beer from Mad River courtesy of Brian Clark (aka, B-Dawg)Tanner GoodsTwo sets of Leather Drink CoastersSpectacles For Humans3 Gift Certificates good for $100 each (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)Sugar CaneSouvenir Bandanas for the first 50 people by Sugar Cane and Buzz RicksonFlat Head (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)3 Limited Flat Head Loopwheeled T-shirts not currently in productionIron HeartLeather Key holders (Your purchase receipt acts as an entry)Just as a note to all of you attending this fine event..We will not be able to store any backpacks, shopping bags, jackets, bikes, purses, etc in our back room. Our stock has quadrupled since the last party and there's little to no room in the back any more.This year there will NOT be an RSVP list, but we'll have a capacity limit for the event, and once that limit has been reached we will enforce a one-in / one-out policy via our large but somewhat friendly bouncer named Big Travis.

Sugar Cane Summer Collection - Shorts & ShirtsJust received a new shipment of warm weather wear from Sugar Cane. This new collection consists of a pair of slim mid-length shorts and a couple of sugar cane and cotton fiber blend short sleeve shirts. The shorts are made of a micro-striped Jean Cord fabric which breathes well but feels rugged at the same time. Both short sleeve shirts are made of fabric which is loomed from a blend of 50% cotton and 50% sugar cane fibers, Sugar Cane has been doing a limited number of these shirts every spring and slightly changing the pattern every year with the blue areas being natural indigo dyed. We've also received a full restock of all five jean models which we carry from Sugar Cane and a restock of the Navy Picnic Short Sleeve Shirt. All these new items and restocks are available now at SESF, SENY, and in our online store:http://www.selfedge.com/s..._page=index&cPath=65

Originally Posted by kiyab

who the hell?

150 dollars for a button up or shorts? you must not have any idea what the value of a dollar is if you want to buy these brand.

I was wondering the same thing.  Those are really expensive for just some simple, casual shirts.  I guess the denim experts love them, though.  
grin.gif

You're basically using this thread as free advertising for your store.  I remember Ben not being allowed to do LRG posts anymore so it's weird you can still post products from your store.

Originally Posted by shogun

I was wondering the same thing.  Those are really expensive for just some simple, casual shirts.  I guess the denim experts love them, though.  
grin.gif

You're basically using this thread as free advertising for your store.  I remember Ben not being allowed to do LRG posts anymore so it's weird you can still post products from your store.
I heard he paid that hush money...
tired.gif
 No but seriously... he contributes nothing and basically advertises on here. Somehow, I can't knock the hustle. 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom