Derek Jeter won another Gold Glove

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Why not?

I don't think there is an option to say

"hey guys...you know what...i don't deserve this..give it to someone else"

no one would ever do that.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

as voted by the managers and coaches in each league. Managers are not permitted to vote for their own players.
...hmm.
I was about to get to this, unlike what ESPN likes to drill into people's brains.  Playing a sport does not make you an expert in discussing it.

The GG award is one of the most biased in all of sports.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

as voted by the managers and coaches in each league. Managers are not permitted to vote for their own players.
...hmm.
I was about to get to this, unlike what ESPN likes to drill into people's brains.  Playing a sport does not make you an expert in discussing it.

The GG award is one of the most biased in all of sports.

Based on Jeters numbers, hegot what he deserved. He had the least errors for his position. Its weird that most NY newspapers argue Jeter didn't deserve it.

Based on Jeters numbers, hegot what he deserved. He had the least errors for his position. Its weird that most NY newspapers argue Jeter didn't deserve it.

2499886268_94cb5a8b30.jpg.jpeg

This is still a conversation? 1999 AL gold glove at first base. Any credence the award had was lost that day. I haven't looked at a Gold Glove list since.

This is still a conversation? 1999 AL gold glove at first base. Any credence the award had was lost that day. I haven't looked at a Gold Glove list since.

Whats the criteria upon which Golden Glove awards are given out? Is it defensive statistics, all star appearances or just whoevers in the most sportscenter highlights?

They really need to re evaluate how award winners are determined in sports these days.. With each passing year these sports writers get more and more bold with their bias towards certain athletes.

All year Jeter was criticized harhsly by everyone for his dropoff in play and for him to win this award is just baffling to me..like are they trying to make this award meaningless?

Whats the criteria upon which Golden Glove awards are given out? Is it defensive statistics, all star appearances or just whoevers in the most sportscenter highlights?

They really need to re evaluate how award winners are determined in sports these days.. With each passing year these sports writers get more and more bold with their bias towards certain athletes.

All year Jeter was criticized harhsly by everyone for his dropoff in play and for him to win this award is just baffling to me..like are they trying to make this award meaningless?

• Moshe Mandel, TYU: “Jeter’s selection, on the other hand, is a travesty. He was likely one of the 2 or 3 worst shortstops in the AL this season. The metrics, scouts, and most fans agree that he is mediocre at best, and atrocious at worst. He won because of his reputation as a hitter, which is incredibly silly but quite unsurprising. As a Yankee fan, I wish we could just forget it ever happened.

• Moshe Mandel, TYU: “Jeter’s selection, on the other hand, is a travesty. He was likely one of the 2 or 3 worst shortstops in the AL this season. The metrics, scouts, and most fans agree that he is mediocre at best, and atrocious at worst. He won because of his reputation as a hitter, which is incredibly silly but quite unsurprising. As a Yankee fan, I wish we could just forget it ever happened.

I'm serious. What kind of man accepts an award he has to know he doesn't deserve? He's probably more embarrassed than anything else.

barack_obama1.jpg

I'm serious. What kind of man accepts an award he has to know he doesn't deserve? He's probably more embarrassed than anything else.

barack_obama1.jpg

watch him get the silver slugger too. maybe even the rolaids relief award. conn smythe anyone?

i cant hate on Jeters career at all and i think he shouldnt be lowballed on his new contract, but things like this dont make sence. leave the popularity contest to the mvp votes and all star games.

maybe my boy Ike Davis should have won the GG instead of Pujols. im just sayin...

watch him get the silver slugger too. maybe even the rolaids relief award. conn smythe anyone?

i cant hate on Jeters career at all and i think he shouldnt be lowballed on his new contract, but things like this dont make sence. leave the popularity contest to the mvp votes and all star games.

maybe my boy Ike Davis should have won the GG instead of Pujols. im just sayin...

Back
Top Bottom