Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

If I need a PG on my team, I will go with Chris Paul without thinking twice.

You shouldn't have to think once about it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

What's stopping a Cowboys/_____ Superbowl?

I get that you're trying to get at him, but keep it basketball. When people bring up irrelevant #%@@ when discussing sports it's pretty annoying.
ohwell.gif

As for this discussion, I go: Paul > Deron > Rondo > Nash > Rose

I still have Rose ahead of Westbrook. I want to see Russy play like he's been playing for a full calendar year before I put him in any Top 5. Not saying he won't do it (because I expect him to), but I have to see it.

laugh.gif

I get that you're trying to get at him, but keep it basketball. When people bring up irrelevant #%@@ when discussing sports it's pretty annoying.
ohwell.gif

I still have Rose ahead of Westbrook. I want to see Russy play like he's been playing for a full calendar year before I put him in any Top 5. Not saying he won't do it (because I expect him to), but I have to see it.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

I wouldnt even say I disagree interms of playing a position. But Derrick is a better basketball player right now.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

I wouldnt even say I disagree interms of playing a position. But Derrick is a better basketball player right now.

It wasn't enough seeing him put in work against the Lakers in the playoffs or be the best guard on Team USA?

And while I agree about the point about basketball being a team sport, Deron Williams has comparable numbers and his team success is far greater than Paul's.  As much as some of the stat guys in here get at the Rose riders for not understanding advanced metrics, the fact is CP3's teams haven't done @%%% in a minute so all that indvidiual stats don't mean that much when your team is missing the playoffs or recieving a embarrasing beating like they did two years ago.  You guys love to say how CP3 is the ultimate team player but the fact is dude has some talent on that team and they'll end up getting scrubbed in the 1st round again, while D-Will will be in the 2nd round and continue scrubbing CP3 in individual matchups.

It wasn't enough seeing him put in work against the Lakers in the playoffs or be the best guard on Team USA?

And while I agree about the point about basketball being a team sport, Deron Williams has comparable numbers and his team success is far greater than Paul's.  As much as some of the stat guys in here get at the Rose riders for not understanding advanced metrics, the fact is CP3's teams haven't done @%%% in a minute so all that indvidiual stats don't mean that much when your team is missing the playoffs or recieving a embarrasing beating like they did two years ago.  You guys love to say how CP3 is the ultimate team player but the fact is dude has some talent on that team and they'll end up getting scrubbed in the 1st round again, while D-Will will be in the 2nd round and continue scrubbing CP3 in individual matchups.

That's all fine and dandy, but they're losing, regularly. Why is he not doing more? Take over games in the 4th or something. He is only taking 11 shots a game. When they win, that's great and you laud a guy saying he is just doing what it takes to win and navigating the game, and I have no problem with that. But in losses, you're asking yourself %+#, stop letting them lose, do something. He may be leading the ship, may be one of the best helmsman out there, but you are heading right for an iceberg and he's not doing $$+@ about it

That's all fine and dandy, but they're losing, regularly. Why is he not doing more? Take over games in the 4th or something. He is only taking 11 shots a game. When they win, that's great and you laud a guy saying he is just doing what it takes to win and navigating the game, and I have no problem with that. But in losses, you're asking yourself %+#, stop letting them lose, do something. He may be leading the ship, may be one of the best helmsman out there, but you are heading right for an iceberg and he's not doing $$+@ about it

Originally Posted by bittersweet

How about ... someone tell us why Rose ISN'T better than these guys.

28 FGA...3 FT's.  Rose avoids contact more than VC
laugh.gif
.  First play of the game drove hard right at Amar'e got the @!+@ knocked out of him, didn't try that again all game
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
.  First play of the game drove hard right at Amar'e got the @!+@ knocked out of him, didn't try that again all game
laugh.gif

I can understand the valid argument with Paul and Williams being better, but why is Russy better than Rose. They both are very similar. I give the nod to Rose cuz Russy sometimes be out of control and benefits from Durant

I can understand the valid argument with Paul and Williams being better, but why is Russy better than Rose. They both are very similar. I give the nod to Rose cuz Russy sometimes be out of control and benefits from Durant

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You did see when Amare literally had his arm hooked around Rose's head later that game right? 
laugh.gif
  NO CALL.  Travesty
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You guys have tried this argument more than 10 times on this board. Rose drives on damn near every possession. He avoids contact now?
Really?
laugh.gif

No ... he just doesn't get the calls he deserves. 

Plus, Amare should have gotten a flagrant earlier, if he didn't. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You did see when Amare literally had his arm hooked around Rose's head later that game right? 
laugh.gif
  NO CALL.  Travesty
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
You guys have tried this argument more than 10 times on this board. Rose drives on damn near every possession. He avoids contact now?
Really?
laugh.gif

No ... he just doesn't get the calls he deserves. 

Plus, Amare should have gotten a flagrant earlier, if he didn't. 

That's allfine and dandy, but they're losing, regularly. Why is he not doingmore? Take over games in the 4th or something. He is only taking 11shots a game. When they win, that's great and you laud a guy saying heis just doing what it takes to win and navigating the game, and I haveno problem with that. But in losses, you're asking yourself %+#, stopletting them lose, do something. He may be leading the ship, may be oneof the best helmsman out there, but you are heading right for aniceberg and he's not doing $$+@ about it

They are losing game because the Hornets roster is deficient. Once again TEAMS lose games. He's a guy that deplores forcing up shots, and as a point guard, his job is to run an offense and create plays for others. Rather then force up shots, as he is being doubled more and more often, he would rather find the open man, as is the CORRECT basketball play. But maybe he should be scoring more. Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that he is the best and most efficient point guard in the world.

I love how people ALWAYS blame a star player for his team's lack of success. Like he is responsible for the GM's job of composing a good roster, the coach's job of setting up a good scheme, and every other player's job of playing up to their ability. Kobe Bryant dominated every aspect of just about every game he played in a few years ago, and yet his team failed to win 50 games. So that was all his fault right? He wasn't one of the best in the world right? Steve Nash was better because his team won more games right? Give me a break.

That's allfine and dandy, but they're losing, regularly. Why is he not doingmore? Take over games in the 4th or something. He is only taking 11shots a game. When they win, that's great and you laud a guy saying heis just doing what it takes to win and navigating the game, and I haveno problem with that. But in losses, you're asking yourself %+#, stopletting them lose, do something. He may be leading the ship, may be oneof the best helmsman out there, but you are heading right for aniceberg and he's not doing $$+@ about it

They are losing game because the Hornets roster is deficient. Once again TEAMS lose games. He's a guy that deplores forcing up shots, and as a point guard, his job is to run an offense and create plays for others. Rather then force up shots, as he is being doubled more and more often, he would rather find the open man, as is the CORRECT basketball play. But maybe he should be scoring more. Okay, but that doesn't change the fact that he is the best and most efficient point guard in the world.

I love how people ALWAYS blame a star player for his team's lack of success. Like he is responsible for the GM's job of composing a good roster, the coach's job of setting up a good scheme, and every other player's job of playing up to their ability. Kobe Bryant dominated every aspect of just about every game he played in a few years ago, and yet his team failed to win 50 games. So that was all his fault right? He wasn't one of the best in the world right? Steve Nash was better because his team won more games right? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Rose avoids contact more than VC
You sound clueless sometimes...

That was just a shot at Rose fanboys, no one could possibly avoid contact more than VC
laugh.gif

But there is a difference between the way Rose uses his athleticism and Westbrook does.  Rose has more overall ability than Russ, I dont deny that, but Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish.  Rose uses it to avoid contact and try getting a clear look at the hoop (aka all the up and under that he does).  Rose can hit harder and more difficult shots than anyone, but if he goes straight up and tries to draw contact instead of avoding it his numbers today woul have been more like 10-20 from the field with at least 10 FTA, instead of 3.  Would have made it a different ball game.

And Kneesh, $$!+ with that Rose doesn't get calls.  The guy gotten 1 tech in 3 years in the league and is mild mannered, they have no reason to no give him the calls.  Rose needs to watch tape of Wade and study how he goes to the hoop if he plans cause if you are going to take 28 shots in a game (a ridiculous number for a PG) you have to draw some fouls. Being a 6'3 PG who shoots 20+ times a game will never lead him to winning anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom