Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by S4L3

Rose avoids contact more than VC
You sound clueless sometimes...

That was just a shot at Rose fanboys, no one could possibly avoid contact more than VC
laugh.gif

But there is a difference between the way Rose uses his athleticism and Westbrook does.  Rose has more overall ability than Russ, I dont deny that, but Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish.  Rose uses it to avoid contact and try getting a clear look at the hoop (aka all the up and under that he does).  Rose can hit harder and more difficult shots than anyone, but if he goes straight up and tries to draw contact instead of avoding it his numbers today woul have been more like 10-20 from the field with at least 10 FTA, instead of 3.  Would have made it a different ball game.

And Kneesh, $$!+ with that Rose doesn't get calls.  The guy gotten 1 tech in 3 years in the league and is mild mannered, they have no reason to no give him the calls.  Rose needs to watch tape of Wade and study how he goes to the hoop if he plans cause if you are going to take 28 shots in a game (a ridiculous number for a PG) you have to draw some fouls. Being a 6'3 PG who shoots 20+ times a game will never lead him to winning anything.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

That was just a shot at Rose fanboys, no one could possibly avoid contact more than VC
laugh.gif

But there is a difference between the way Rose uses his athleticism and Westbrook does.  Rose has more overall ability than Russ, I dont deny that, but Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish.  Rose uses it to avoid contact and try getting a clear look at the hoop (aka all the up and under that he does).  Rose can hit harder and more difficult shots than anyone, but if he goes straight up and tries to draw contact instead of avoding it his numbers today woul have been more like 10-20 from the field with at least 10 FTA, instead of 3.  Would have made it a different ball game.

And Kneesh, $$!+ with that Rose doesn't get calls.  The guy gotten 1 tech in 3 years in the league and is mild mannered, they have no reason to no give him the calls.  Rose needs to watch tape of Wade and study how he goes to the hoop if he plans cause if you are going to take 28 shots in a game (a ridiculous number for a PG) you have to draw some fouls. Being a 6'3 PG who shoots 20+ times a game will never lead him to winning anything.

Wait, you just said - Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish, and Rose uses it to avoid contact & try getting a clear look at the hoop. 
Which one is it?

Rose doesn't get calls, I'll say this again. His body control is one of the best in the league, even when he gets knocked he STILL holds his own. 

Has nothing to do with his attitude ... but Rose finishes WITH contact, which makes the refs NOT blow the whistle. 

And Wade flops, can't stand that bum. 

Rose is a top 5 PG, he deserves the 'superstar' calls that everyone else gets. Period. 

laugh.gif

Wait, you just said - Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish, and Rose uses it to avoid contact & try getting a clear look at the hoop. 
Which one is it?

Rose doesn't get calls, I'll say this again. His body control is one of the best in the league, even when he gets knocked he STILL holds his own. 

Has nothing to do with his attitude ... but Rose finishes WITH contact, which makes the refs NOT blow the whistle. 

Rose is a top 5 PG, he deserves the 'superstar' calls that everyone else gets. Period. 

Originally Posted by bittersweet

laugh.gif

And Rose doesn't get calls, I'll say this again. His body control is one of the best in the league, even when he gets knocked he STILL holds his own. 

So the reason he doesn't get calls isn't because he uses his athleticism to avoid contact, but rather because there is a league-wide conspiracy against the star PG in a top-5 market?
Brilliant logic. Refs blow the whistle as soon as they see contact of any kind, they don't wait to see if the player finished the play. Cmon now, if they did that there would be late whistles every game.
LeBron, KD, Wade, Westbrook, etc. all have phenomenal body control, as they are all elite athletes. Difference is they know how to get to the line, while Rose does not (currently 25th in the league in FT per).

laugh.gif

And Rose doesn't get calls, I'll say this again. His body control is one of the best in the league, even when he gets knocked he STILL holds his own. 

So the reason he doesn't get calls isn't because he uses his athleticism to avoid contact, but rather because there is a league-wide conspiracy against the star PG in a top-5 market?
Brilliant logic. Refs blow the whistle as soon as they see contact of any kind, they don't wait to see if the player finished the play. Cmon now, if they did that there would be late whistles every game.
LeBron, KD, Wade, Westbrook, etc. all have phenomenal body control, as they are all elite athletes. Difference is they know how to get to the line, while Rose does not (currently 25th in the league in FT per).

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
S4L3 wrote:
Rose avoids contact more than VCYou sound clueless sometimes...

laugh.gif

Derrick has no intentions or Business 20 times per game
But we cannot sit here and deny the fact that Ref's do not give him calls he maybe should get.
I dont like that his useage rate is at 30.5. and I dont like that he is taking 20 shots a game ( closer to 25% and 17 shots is a better situation. But until the Bulls can get a SG who can create shots, and take pressure off him this is the situation the Bulls are stuck in. 
Let's not act like Derrick is done evolving as a player though.

Its a combination of he doesn't have it in his cogitative state that he needs to take the punishment for his team to win and he be a more efficient player , and B there are at least 2 missed Derrick Rose foul calls in a game.

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
S4L3 wrote:
Rose avoids contact more than VCYou sound clueless sometimes...

laugh.gif

Derrick has no intentions or Business 20 times per game
But we cannot sit here and deny the fact that Ref's do not give him calls he maybe should get.
I dont like that his useage rate is at 30.5. and I dont like that he is taking 20 shots a game ( closer to 25% and 17 shots is a better situation. But until the Bulls can get a SG who can create shots, and take pressure off him this is the situation the Bulls are stuck in. 
Let's not act like Derrick is done evolving as a player though.

Its a combination of he doesn't have it in his cogitative state that he needs to take the punishment for his team to win and he be a more efficient player , and B there are at least 2 missed Derrick Rose foul calls in a game.

My bad I had a lil too much eggnog, meant to say Rose uses his athleticism to avoid contact while Westbrook uses his to create contact. And I'm not saying Rose is stuck as this as a player, I've always said he has the highest ceiling I've ever possibly seen out of a PG, but he still leaves me desiring a lot at this point in his career. But looking at how much he has improved his jumper this year I'm sure he gets it. And that Wade flopping %**+ is lame quiet that, any good player exxagerattes contact, its part of the game today.

My bad I had a lil too much eggnog, meant to say Rose uses his athleticism to avoid contact while Westbrook uses his to create contact. And I'm not saying Rose is stuck as this as a player, I've always said he has the highest ceiling I've ever possibly seen out of a PG, but he still leaves me desiring a lot at this point in his career. But looking at how much he has improved his jumper this year I'm sure he gets it. And that Wade flopping %**+ is lame quiet that, any good player exxagerattes contact, its part of the game today.

laugh.gif

Which one is it?

Clearly a typo on his part. He meant Westbrook gets contacts and tries to finish, Rose dipsee doos and up and unders to avoid contact. And there is no league wide conspiracy against the #1 pick in a top NBA market. Now Dwight Howard, maybe you'd have an argument as he ##$#!@! all the %%@*%!% time and clearly the refs don't like him. That is not and in no way can be the case with Rose. Like hypothetically, someone explain to me why the NBA would be against Derrick Rose and NOT giving him calls. He just isnt drawing as much contact as the guys who get more calls, nothing else to it

laugh.gif

Which one is it?

Clearly a typo on his part. He meant Westbrook gets contacts and tries to finish, Rose dipsee doos and up and unders to avoid contact. And there is no league wide conspiracy against the #1 pick in a top NBA market. Now Dwight Howard, maybe you'd have an argument as he ##$#!@! all the %%@*%!% time and clearly the refs don't like him. That is not and in no way can be the case with Rose. Like hypothetically, someone explain to me why the NBA would be against Derrick Rose and NOT giving him calls. He just isnt drawing as much contact as the guys who get more calls, nothing else to it

I just wish you guys would watch more Bulls games ... because I cringe every time Rose drives because of the amount of contact he gets.

Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything, but like I said, the boy is STRONG. He rarely falls, flops, or exaggerates any contact. 
If he did that he'd get to the line ... but is that respectable? 

I just wish you guys would watch more Bulls games ... because I cringe every time Rose drives because of the amount of contact he gets.

Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything, but like I said, the boy is STRONG. He rarely falls, flops, or exaggerates any contact. 
If he did that he'd get to the line ... but is that respectable? 

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Son can be the best PG to ever play. and that's the conundrum hes going to be judged by.
Paul, Williams, Rondo, Westbrook are not guys who were identified as having greatest pg of all time skills.
Rose and Wall were and no matter if we realise it or not were always going to judge those 2 on a stricter scale than we judge the other guys.
You sit down and look at it. at worse he is an above average passer for a pg , very good to great mid range shooter. One of if not the best finisher's in the game. And is willing to grow.
Its sad to watch him on D some nights, but other nights he does a good job. Last year I thought he might be better served with a bigger combo guard on the roster ( since scoring is still his greatest attribute) but he isn't a bad passer and I really thing he needs a more dynamic SG who can shoot and not be just a designated shooter. ( Korver) defender (Bogans) or slasher(Brewer)

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
Son can be the best PG to ever play. and that's the conundrum hes going to be judged by.
Paul, Williams, Rondo, Westbrook are not guys who were identified as having greatest pg of all time skills.
Rose and Wall were and no matter if we realise it or not were always going to judge those 2 on a stricter scale than we judge the other guys.
You sit down and look at it. at worse he is an above average passer for a pg , very good to great mid range shooter. One of if not the best finisher's in the game. And is willing to grow.
Its sad to watch him on D some nights, but other nights he does a good job. Last year I thought he might be better served with a bigger combo guard on the roster ( since scoring is still his greatest attribute) but he isn't a bad passer and I really thing he needs a more dynamic SG who can shoot and not be just a designated shooter. ( Korver) defender (Bogans) or slasher(Brewer)

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

airmaxpenny1 wrote:

Pure nonsense.
laugh.gif
@ Rose and Wall having greatest of all time skills when Paul, Williams, and Westbrook don't. What in the world are you basing this off of?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Rose ever being the best PG of all time. It's not happening. I mean what transcendent ability does he have? What has he shown that indicates he has that kind of ceiling? Nothing. His first three years don't even really compare to Chris Paul's. And you're talking about him eventually being better than Magic.
alien.gif

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

airmaxpenny1 wrote:

Pure nonsense.
laugh.gif
@ Rose and Wall having greatest of all time skills when Paul, Williams, and Westbrook don't. What in the world are you basing this off of?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Rose ever being the best PG of all time. It's not happening. I mean what transcendent ability does he have? What has he shown that indicates he has that kind of ceiling? Nothing. His first three years don't even really compare to Chris Paul's. And you're talking about him eventually being better than Magic.
alien.gif

ROSE, esp now that he worked a lot on his 3 pointer, that boy is dangerous

ROSE, esp now that he worked a lot on his 3 pointer, that boy is dangerous

What exactly does CP3 do that has all you dudes talking about it's not even close?

What exactly does CP3 do that has all you dudes talking about it's not even close?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom