Derrick Rose or Chris Paul? Who do you take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
laugh.gif
@ the thought of Rose going down as the best PG EVER....simmer.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
My bad I had a lil too much eggnog, meant to say Rose uses his athleticism to avoid contact while Westbrook uses his to create contact. And I'm not saying Rose is stuck as this as a player, I've always said he has the highest ceiling I've ever possibly seen out of a PG, but he still leaves me desiring a lot at this point in his career. But looking at how much he has improved his jumper this year I'm sure he gets it. And that Wade flopping %**+ is lame quiet that, any good player exxagerattes contact, its part of the game today.
Son can be the best PG to ever play. and that's the conundrum hes going to be judged by.
Paul, Williams, Rondo, Westbrook are not guys who were identified as having greatest pg of all time skills.
Rose and Wall were and no matter if we realise it or not were always going to judge those 2 on a stricter scale than we judge the other guys.
You sit down and look at it. at worse he is an above average passer for a pg , very good to great mid range shooter. One of if not the best finisher's in the game. And is willing to grow.
Its sad to watch him on D some nights, but other nights he does a good job. Last year I thought he might be better served with a bigger combo guard on the roster ( since scoring is still his greatest attribute) but he isn't a bad passer and I really thing he needs a more dynamic SG who can shoot and not be just a designated shooter. ( Korver) defender (Bogans) or slasher(Brewer)

Pure nonsense.
laugh.gif
@ Rose and Wall having greatest of all time skills when Paul, Williams, and Westbrook don't. What in the world are you basing this off of?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Rose ever being the best PG of all time. It's not happening. I mean what transcendent ability does he have? What has he shown that indicates he has that kind of ceiling? Nothing. His first three years don't even really compare to Chris Paul's. And you're talking about him eventually being better than Magic.
alien.gif

His 1st three years don't compare to Paul's???
laugh.gif

Ah man. 

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

airmaxpenny1 wrote:
My bad I had a lil too much eggnog, meant to say Rose uses his athleticism to avoid contact while Westbrook uses his to create contact. And I'm not saying Rose is stuck as this as a player, I've always said he has the highest ceiling I've ever possibly seen out of a PG, but he still leaves me desiring a lot at this point in his career. But looking at how much he has improved his jumper this year I'm sure he gets it. And that Wade flopping %**+ is lame quiet that, any good player exxagerattes contact, its part of the game today.
Son can be the best PG to ever play. and that's the conundrum hes going to be judged by.
Paul, Williams, Rondo, Westbrook are not guys who were identified as having greatest pg of all time skills.
Rose and Wall were and no matter if we realise it or not were always going to judge those 2 on a stricter scale than we judge the other guys.
You sit down and look at it. at worse he is an above average passer for a pg , very good to great mid range shooter. One of if not the best finisher's in the game. And is willing to grow.
Its sad to watch him on D some nights, but other nights he does a good job. Last year I thought he might be better served with a bigger combo guard on the roster ( since scoring is still his greatest attribute) but he isn't a bad passer and I really thing he needs a more dynamic SG who can shoot and not be just a designated shooter. ( Korver) defender (Bogans) or slasher(Brewer)

Pure nonsense.
laugh.gif
@ Rose and Wall having greatest of all time skills when Paul, Williams, and Westbrook don't. What in the world are you basing this off of?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Rose ever being the best PG of all time. It's not happening. I mean what transcendent ability does he have? What has he shown that indicates he has that kind of ceiling? Nothing. His first three years don't even really compare to Chris Paul's. And you're talking about him eventually being better than Magic.
alien.gif

His 1st three years don't compare to Paul's???
laugh.gif

Ah man. 

Originally Posted by offbad

chris paul

how is this debatable?
Give me Rose all day. I don't think it's even debatable. CP3 is going down that Brandon Roy path.

Even if CP3 was healthy though, I'd still take Rose.

Originally Posted by offbad

chris paul

how is this debatable?
Give me Rose all day. I don't think it's even debatable. CP3 is going down that Brandon Roy path.

Even if CP3 was healthy though, I'd still take Rose.

Give me Rose. improved midrange/3 ball this season plus way more potential. doesnt play D as well as Paul but arguably the most unguardable PG in the league.

Give me Rose. improved midrange/3 ball this season plus way more potential. doesnt play D as well as Paul but arguably the most unguardable PG in the league.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by S4L3

Rose avoids contact more than VC
You sound clueless sometimes...
That was just a shot at Rose fanboys, no one could possibly avoid contact more than VC
laugh.gif

But there is a difference between the way Rose uses his athleticism and Westbrook does.  Rose has more overall ability than Russ, I dont deny that, but Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish.  Rose uses it to avoid contact and try getting a clear look at the hoop (aka all the up and under that he does).  Rose can hit harder and more difficult shots than anyone, but if he goes straight up and tries to draw contact instead of avoding it his numbers today woul have been more like 10-20 from the field with at least 10 FTA, instead of 3.  Would have made it a different ball game.

And Kneesh, $$!+ with that Rose doesn't get calls.  The guy gotten 1 tech in 3 years in the league and is mild mannered, they have no reason to no give him the calls.  Rose needs to watch tape of Wade and study how he goes to the hoop if he plans cause if you are going to take 28 shots in a game (a ridiculous number for a PG) you have to draw some fouls. Being a 6'3 PG who shoots 20+ times a game will never lead him to winning anything.

Probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Rose is trying to build a jumpshot aka a midrange game . He has no trouble getting to the rim . If anything the league and other team should be worry once Rose develop a legit midrange game
sick.gif
. He's already showing sign of improving too just ask Kobe

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by S4L3

Rose avoids contact more than VC
You sound clueless sometimes...
That was just a shot at Rose fanboys, no one could possibly avoid contact more than VC
laugh.gif

But there is a difference between the way Rose uses his athleticism and Westbrook does.  Rose has more overall ability than Russ, I dont deny that, but Rose uses his athleticism to draw contact and then try to finish.  Rose uses it to avoid contact and try getting a clear look at the hoop (aka all the up and under that he does).  Rose can hit harder and more difficult shots than anyone, but if he goes straight up and tries to draw contact instead of avoding it his numbers today woul have been more like 10-20 from the field with at least 10 FTA, instead of 3.  Would have made it a different ball game.

And Kneesh, $$!+ with that Rose doesn't get calls.  The guy gotten 1 tech in 3 years in the league and is mild mannered, they have no reason to no give him the calls.  Rose needs to watch tape of Wade and study how he goes to the hoop if he plans cause if you are going to take 28 shots in a game (a ridiculous number for a PG) you have to draw some fouls. Being a 6'3 PG who shoots 20+ times a game will never lead him to winning anything.

Probably the dumbest thing i've ever heard. Rose is trying to build a jumpshot aka a midrange game . He has no trouble getting to the rim . If anything the league and other team should be worry once Rose develop a legit midrange game
sick.gif
. He's already showing sign of improving too just ask Kobe

Rose might be a better athlete but he's not a better all around pg than Paul.

Here are my top pg's right NOW.

1.D-Will
2.CP3
3.Rondo
4.Nash
5.Rose
6.Westbrook

Westbrook will be higher if he keeps this up for the rest of the year.

Rose might be a better athlete but he's not a better all around pg than Paul.

Here are my top pg's right NOW.

1.D-Will
2.CP3
3.Rondo
4.Nash
5.Rose
6.Westbrook

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

What's westbrook's doing better than drose?

His statline:

22.7 pts, 8.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 28 percent from 3, 44 percent overall field goal percentage, 11 blocks total for the season, 2 steals a game

Drose's statline:

24.3 pts, 8.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 38 percent from 3, 46 percent overall fg percentage, 17 blocks total for the season, 1 steal a game

So westbrook is getting more steals a game, big deal. 

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

What's westbrook's doing better than drose?

His statline:

22.7 pts, 8.1 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 28 percent from 3, 44 percent overall field goal percentage, 11 blocks total for the season, 2 steals a game

Drose's statline:

24.3 pts, 8.4 assists, 4.8 rebounds, 38 percent from 3, 46 percent overall fg percentage, 17 blocks total for the season, 1 steal a game

So westbrook is getting more steals a game, big deal. 

I just find it laughable that people put Rondo over Rose. The Bulls would be worse than the Cavs if Rondo and Rose switched places.

I just find it laughable that people put Rondo over Rose. The Bulls would be worse than the Cavs if Rondo and Rose switched places.

Once again putting up more stats means nothing, if that's the case Z-Bo is a better PF than Duncan or Garnett...Westbrook is 1,000 times the defender than Rose is that is the big difference right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom