Derrick Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.
rose was wearing huarache 08s in predraft workouts, but rocked the promodels in the first summer league game. ill go with him still being wooed.

but no, he wont be top 3 in 3 years. there's about 5 point men in the nba right now at legendary status who are all in their primes. and i know for surerose wont be messing with 2 of them anytime in his career (cp3 and deron williams) and if tony parker increases his range next year like he did this past year,rose wont be on his level either.

allenxis.....correct this man ^^

rose is the most athletic pg on the planet.....he is the future of pg's......Been sayin it since January

Does anything about 14 pts/game and 4 assists/game scream star pg in the nba to you? Because that's what Derrick Rose averaged in Conference USA. The manis overhyped to a ridiculous level just like Marvin Williams was. From what I've seen, all he can do is blow by fools for sick layups. But he will never bea floor general like Deron or CP3. Those guys average over 20 a game and 10 dimes a game. They are natural born leaders while Rose is a shy cat.

And you know what? Tyrus Thomas is an athletic freak but that doesn't mean anything.

Derrick Rose is good, sure, but he just has a Chris Duhon/Ray Felton feel to him...

He's no CP3 or D-Will. Maybe Rose will be able to compete with Rondo for a few years, assuming Rondo sprains his ankle more frequently...

legend?
roll.gif

�Derrick Rose is good, sure, but he just has a Chris Duhon/Ray Felton feel to him...

I rarely do or say this but log off homie w/t/f�you smokin Chris Duhon?!?!?!?�

indifferent.gif

Were we watchin the same D.Rose in high school and college..............

I'm jus sayin let dude get used to the nba game and nba life an he should be an allstar in @ least three seasons

Originally Posted by mbojda

Anyone know what company d-rose will sign on to? this kid is going to be a legend...so the hype for his shoes will be big...

legend.... yea right 10pts and 5to is not a legend..... my man mike beas with 28 pts 9 reb now thats a legend!!!!!!!!

Rose: 10 pts, 5 t.o., 4 asts
B'easy: 28 pts, 9 rbs
Chalmers: 11 pts, 6 asts, 4 stls- while guarding Rose

laugh.gif

I know it's only summer league, but I thought it would take longer for it to become clear just how stupid the Bulls (and all the teams that passed onChalmers) are.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ridikulas

Does anything about 14 pts/game and 4 assists/game scream star pg in the nba to you? Because that's what Derrick Rose averaged in Conference USA. The man is overhyped to a ridiculous level just like Marvin Williams was. From what I've seen, all he can do is blow by fools for sick layups. But he will never be a floor general like Deron or CP3. Those guys average over 20 a game and 10 dimes a game. They are natural born leaders while Rose is a shy cat.

Just for giggles, does anyone have the stats for Deron and CP while they were in college?

NM...see below....I did it myself cuz I'm bored and I gots no place else to goooooooooo.

Does anything about 14 pts/game and 4 assists/game scream star pg in the nba to you? Because that's what Derrick Rose averaged in Conference USA. The man is overhyped to a ridiculous level just like Marvin Williams was. From what I've seen, all he can do is blow by fools for sick layups. But he will never be a floor general like Deron or CP3. Those guys average over 20 a game and 10 dimes a game. They are natural born leaders while Rose is a shy cat.

I can't speak for CP, cuz I only watched about 3 or 4 of his games at WF, but Rose was more impressive as a freshman at Memphis than Deron Williams wasas Junior at Illinois. Even his jumper at the college level is just as suspect as both Deron and CP.

As far as the whole 14pts/4assists argument...for giggles I looked up the stats for the other two...

Deron Williams (as a Jr.) - 12.5pts/6.8assists/43%FG, (Soph.) 14pts/6.2assists/40%FG, (Frosh) 6.3pts/4.5assists/42%FG

Chris Paul - (Soph) 15.2pts/6.6assists/45%FG, (Frosh) 14.8pts/5.9assists/49%FG
Derrick Rose - 14.9pts/4.7assists/47%FG

I'm not saying Rose is gonna be Jesus reincarnated as a PG, but the stats argument is ridikulas. For the record, I think Rose will be a Top 5 PG in theleague at the start of his 3rd season...but there will be big growing pains in year 1 while he adjusts to his teammates and the speed of the league.

Rose had on the Hyperdunks yesterday... I watched his game, and by the way he's got a long way to go before you can call him a legend...

And you know what? Tyrus Thomas is an athletic freak but that doesn't mean anything.
What are you talking about? Have you checked Deron Williams or CP's college stats? Dudes didn't put up any killer number either so in thewords of EPMD whatcha saying?
laugh.gif
Sometimes cats just like to talk outtheir cheeks.

You have to take into account that, since Memphis was in a very weak Conference USA, most of the Tigers' games were blowouts. So......

D-Rose's combined stats in the NCAA Tournament and in regular season games decided by 12 points or less:
18.2 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.5 spg.

He stepped up when it mattered (except for those free throws in the title game
happy.gif
) and will, barring injury, be one of the top PGs in the East by the time he enters year 3.

Why is it all about stats? If that was the case then GM's and scouts wouldn't even watch these guys play and invite them to work out. There'smore to a player than just stats. He was going 1 or 2 in draft that should say something, this ain't Kwame Brown. He could be good, could be great butits too early to tell. I will say he has a good chance at winning a dunk contest or 2 if he's creative enough.

It isn't all about stats. If it was, Kurt Thomas would have been a sure Hall of Famer based on college. These GM's (well, most of them) generally knowwhat they are getting. He may not be great, but I can see a player with the potential to be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom