Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Anyone else think the hunter bladerunner sub class or whatever they're calling it sucks ***

Anyone else think the hunter bladerunner sub class or whatever they're calling it sucks ***
at least its fast
laugh.gif
**** is the destiny version of lightweight/marathon/commando
mean.gif

Ran into one yesterday and dude practically teleported towards me.

Son was so far away it made no damn sense how he could close the gap that fast.

i still dont get the leveling in destiny. i played with empire 2 days ago. i was level 9 they were like 17...  i was playing way below the average enemy level. average enemy with them was like level 12. when i killed them, no matter what i only got 20exp, while they were getting like 50+. Then, i left their game and played back on earth roaming around killing level 2 enemies. the level 2 enemies were giving me 40exp per kill. wtf?

now yesterday i go back to help some friends on level 2 again. im now a level 13.  i got killed THREE TIMES by a level 3 enemy... my auto rifle does 120+ damage with a 68rnd clip.... how is it, that it takes a half a clip to drop a level 3 enemy when im level 13? not only that... but it was back to giving me only 20xp per kill. wth is going on?

How's the game? I'm only interested in the multiplayer aspect. Is it really just borderlands in space?

How's the game? I'm only interested in the multiplayer aspect. Is it really just borderlands in space?

Its borderlands without the comedy, raids, and dedicated PVP.

Borderlands takes place in space as much as destiny does. o_O

Playing PvP with the Hunter is almost cheating ...damn gold guns kill you even if they miss. The Warlock's magic ball doesn't have to make contact to kill you but it arches down once it released, so you have to basically jump to get the warlocks special to reach an enemy thats far away. The hunter can blast you from afar with the gold guns.

i was getting destroyed by a level 24 hunter in PvP.  He was the only one on the other team killing me.  He had like 30+ kills by the end of the Control game.

Titans get no love in PvP or PvE.  Its almost a handicap being a Titan.  You can't even tank in strikes, you'd think with the name Titan, and the special where he smashes the ground, you could have a tank in the game, but im still just as far away as the other 2 classes, but they can use their specials from wayy back.

Last edited:
I like that bladerunner subclass for the hunter....you basically get to kill things by just pulling the Rtrigger lol he just teleports to people around you and kills them.

A Titan got a triple kill on me and 2 other people in a control match. We were capping a point and he jumped through the ceiling with the ground stomp and took us all out
mean.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif

I think I posted in the PS thread but not in here, but I got a triple with my Warlock's special on another map as well. Someone had one of those pike vehicles shooting the gun pinning us down and 2 guys were beside him. I killed all 3 and destroyed the pike in the process of doing it
nthat.gif

Although, you do have a point. They aren't really a "tank" in the traditional MMO world. Maybe they will get to that further on.

For some reason I catch myself turning Destiny off just to savor the experience lol. I don't know if thats crazy, but I'm leveling at a steady pace and paying attention to the story much better than rushing through.

Level 18
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

BladeDancer Hunter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For some reason I catch myself turning Destiny off just to savor the experience lol. I don't know if thats crazy, but I'm leveling at a steady pace and paying attention to the story much better than rushing through.

Level 18 :pimp: :pimp:
BladeDancer Hunter :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

BladeDancer the way to go! :pimp: :pimp:

Got a few hrs in last nite. Titan lvl 4 right now. I wanna get down as a hunter but I'm not good with snipers

That moon strike is hard as a mf 
alien.gif
It was more tedious than hard. Once you get rid of all the cannon fodder the big dude is nothing. Just one big bullet sponge.
That was the thing lol.  Getting rid of those around Phogoth was the worst smh.  The Knights and Wizards were ripping us apart, and Then Phogoth was just destroying everything in sight.  Took us like an hour to beat it lol.  It did get easy once the other crap stopped spawning tho

F*** Phoggoth 
mean.gif

i still dont get the leveling in destiny. i played with empire 2 days ago. i was level 9 they were like 17...  i was playing way below the average enemy level. average enemy with them was like level 12. when i killed them, no matter what i only got 20exp, while they were getting like 50+. Then, i left their game and played back on earth roaming around killing level 2 enemies. the level 2 enemies were giving me 40exp per kill. wtf?

now yesterday i go back to help some friends on level 2 again. im now a level 13.  i got killed THREE TIMES by a level 3 enemy... my auto rifle does 120+ damage with a 68rnd clip.... how is it, that it takes a half a clip to drop a level 3 enemy when im level 13? not only that... but it was back to giving me only 20xp per kill. wth is going on?
Thats the balancing system they have implemented.  They make it so that everything can be somewhat challenging at every level.  It would be no fun if you were a level 13 doing a level 2 mission with friends and you could just one-shot everything.

Back
Top Bottom