Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

mean.gif
 @ Bungie running  this the same time as Colin and Greg Live.

I'll watch the archive or if you're kind enough to post notes or a quick synopsis @Zero23  

mean.gif
 @ Bungie running this the same time as Colin and Greg Live.

I'll watch the archive or if you're kind enough to post notes or a quick synopsis @Zero23  
So far, Trials stuff - can't sprint revive anymore,

Heavy drops at 5 minutes in a match once

Special drops 1st at 3 minutes then at 5 minutes.

Some weapon balances here and there.

Auto bullet hoses have damage reduced slightly, snipers they changed some scopes.

Mida they removed high caliber rounds. I'll update some more later but its prob easier just to look at patch notes bc they're doing a lot of little tweaks to weapons in crucible. 

Waiting to see Thorn brought up to speed and also Warlocks getting nerfed. 

Suros Focus Fire has a boost range stat. The Spin up got nerfed and goes slower.

Hawkmoon - Range is increased.

TLW - They reduced damaged in the damage when the TLW perk procs. (hip fire)

Thorn!!!! - Still year one levels. DoT minimized to 4 pulses and dropped to minimum levels (2 I Think)  F Bungie man.

Ice Breaker - Still Year One levels too. Changed the ammo glitch where you can regen then switch. Handling came down and zoom raised on scopes like all snipes now.

Dregs Promise - Projectiles Track based on ADS lock. 

Telesto - Projectiles now fixed and will stick on allies but they wont die but the projectiles will carry. Very interesting.

1000 Yard Stare - Remove bullets from total ammo inventory.

Quillums Terminus - Less bullets from total ammo inventory. 

All Kings Fall weapons have reload speed boost.

Warlocks

Sunsinger:

Lowered the shield of sunsingers when doing melee. Also reduced frequencies of being able to melee with sun shield.

Radiance - If you run fireborn, it doesn't last as long. If you don't run fireborn, you will get 1-2 grenades more than if you are running it. 

Stormcaller:

Landfall will not blind everyone or blow up titan bubbles anymore. 

If you spam the lightning it will last less.

Biggie Bombers aka Voidwalkers:

Nova Bomb untouched. Of Course @Biggie62.

Energy drain will regen grenade very quickly.

Melee responsiveness increased.

Yup, zero23 zero23 mentioned most of the stream. Just a few things to add:

1) LH chest has a chance to drop Weapons OR Armor(!) up to 335. Trials bounties can drop gear up to 330. There will be a daily Trials bounty, renewable each day of the event (probably to help with the passage coin drought).

2) Weekly Shaxx bounty has a chance to drop gear at 335 (changed from previous chance to simply drop legendary gear).

3) All Sniper reserve ammo decreased. Plus, short range scopes (Shortgaze, Ambush, etc.) are increasing in zoom distance, therefore potentially harder to use at medium-close range.

Last edited:

Auto bullet hoses have damage reduced slightly, snipers they changed some scopes.

Mida they removed high caliber rounds. I'll update some more later but its prob easier just to look at patch notes bc they're doing a lot of little tweaks to weapons in crucible. 

Warlocks

Sunsinger:

Lowered the shield of sunsingers when doing melee. Also reduced frequencies of being able to melee with sun shield.

Radiance - If you run fireborn, it doesn't last as long. If you don't run fireborn, you will get 1-2 grenades more than if you are running it. 

Stormcaller:

And here you were trying to get me to come back 
sick.gif
mean.gif

The changes really aren't THAT bad I suppose 
ohwell.gif

Warlocks

Sunsinger:

Stormcaller:

And here you were trying to get me to come back 
sick.gif
mean.gif

The changes really aren't THAT bad I suppose 
ohwell.gif
It's all PvP balancing it looks like.

I still think Throwing Knife headshots should be One Hit Kills.

It's all PvP balancing it looks like.

I still think Throwing Knife headshots should be One Hit Kills.
You can come run CoD with me for the one hit kill axe/knife throws 
nthat.gif

laugh.gif
I retired from CoD after dudes started flying around thinking they're in Titanfall. 
mean.gif

I might hop ship to Overwatch though. (Should be done with Destiny again by the release
laugh.gif
) Debating between PC and PS4 right now, depending on who I can play it with. 

I retired from CoD after dudes started flying around thinking they're in Titanfall. 
mean.gif

I might hop ship to Overwatch though. (Should be done with Destiny again by the release
laugh.gif
) Debating between PC and PS4 right now, depending on who I can play it with. 
They tone down the wall running/jumping a lot from that first one . It was def OD in that game though. It is more subtle know with it. 

#PS4Life and you know this Zero. 
nthat.gif

Warlocks

Sunsinger:

Stormcaller:

Nova Bomb untouched. Of Course @Biggie62

Biggie bombs all day :lol:

Though I mostly ran storm called during this IB.

I'm a big supporter of the "biggie bombs"
laugh.gif

(my 2nd character is a Warlock, and I "biggie bombed" my way thru IB this past weekend with it)

Last edited:
What does Sprint revive? Is that pushing a revive from a sniper?

I'm guessing it's that plus running through the ghost and holding square to revive as you move. If you have the quick res exotic it was easy to pull off

What does Sprint revive? Is that pushing a revive from a sniper?

I'm guessing it's that plus running through the ghost and holding square to revive as you move. If you have the quick res exotic it was easy to pull off

Exactly.

Many on other forums (reddit) were arguing that the revive mechanics were giving the reviver a major advantage (shield) for very little risk (running through revives/not having to stand close to the ghost). My team rarely sprint revived because the caliber of player we'd run into would unquestionably snipe that res, but I know this will change the way Trials is played.

So many more changes.... So many

Glad the shaxx bounties can drop 330 stuff.

Knew they'd nerf auto rifles, sunsinger and TLW. Just from perusing the forums alone.

On the bright side I hit lvl 25 on FWC bigj505 bigj505

Everything is nerf, nerf, nerf. blah.

Knew they'd nerf auto rifles, sunsinger and TLW. Just from perusing the forums alone.

Don't worry. They've said they nerfed TLW like 4 times now but some way it's starts hitting hard again.

Just like how they nerfed the blinks but all of a sudden dudes are blinking like no other.

Last edited:

Don't worry. They've said they nerfed TLW like 4 times now but some way it's starts hitting hard again.

Just like how they nerfed the blinks but all of a sudden dudes are blinking like no other.
Surprised they didn't nerf fusion rifles.

Bungie needs to man up. They acting like little ****. They always changing something or nerfing. From pulse rifles, to red death, to Pilgrim, to Xur ammo packs, etc lol. But I knew they would need TLW. Too many complainers.

Don't let me work at Bungie lol

Bungie: we need you to put in code to nerf the grasp of Malo
Me: I need you to put in the code to nerf deeznuts

Reactions: Ube
They nerf autos......then they do a last minute, BUT WE JACKED UP THE DAMAGE OF YOUR SUROS GUYS.

That being said......you people with the Doctrines were pissing me the **** off for the entire Iron Banner.   I may be one of the few minority of people that applauded when I found out about the Doctrine getting the epic nerf after all the crap I endured in Iron Banner last week over that damn gun

Back
Top Bottom