Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Now I feel like pulling out the good ol' Year 1 Gjally from my vault and popping off a few n00bs in Mayhem Clash this weekend

Man this is crazy. So i started playing last night and I am OD lost!!! I dont know what anything is anymore. I used to be a destiny library now I know nothing. Help me my beloved niketalk. help me. lol.

Attention Canadian players:

The pre-order is currently listed at $29.99 in the PS Store. That's in Canadian dollars!! I immediately dropped the ~$23 USD as soon as I heard this. Don't really care about the G-Horn skin, but can't beat that price :smokin

Go Go Go incase they change that figure!

Man this is crazy. So i started playing last night and I am OD lost!!! I dont know what anything is anymore. I used to be a destiny library now I know nothing. Help me my beloved niketalk. help me. lol.

What is it that you're looking to do?

What is it that you're looking to do?

to be honest im not even sure. I have all of this new stuff I know nothing about. Im still a level 36 so i have a little bit of a ways to go before the game gets popping for me, but i have somethings I dont know about. I have armor thats a defense of 3. Why so low?

Just play through the story, it will get you close, if not all the way, to 40.

The item you received can be infused with higher level items. So if you have a Year 2 legendary/exotic item (has the Taken King logo in the top right corner) you can eventually get it up to 335 if you so choose.

Once you are done the story, do whatever you want: Crucible, Prison of Elders, Oryx Raid, Strikes can all get you high level gear now. 

Just play through the story, it will get you close, if not all the way, to 40.

The item you received can be infused with higher level items. So if you have a Year 2 legendary/exotic item (has the Taken King logo in the top right corner) you can eventually get it up to 335 if you so choose.

Once you are done the story, do whatever you want: Crucible, Prison of Elders, Oryx Raid, Strikes can all get you high level gear now. 

okay cool. thanks man! imma start back up. i copped the taken king on release date and never touched the game since.

okay cool. thanks man! imma start back up. i copped the taken king on release date and never touched the game since.

Yeah, things can be a bit overwhelming now that there are so many activities to do.

Once you complete the story, I will say that you should just do whatever is fun for you. Do you like PvE? updated Prison of Elders and the Raid will net you max level gear. Prefer PvP? Trials of Osiris and Lord Shaxx weekly bounties will also provide high level gear that you need.

And, something definitely new to you: the infusion system will allow you to upgrade any gear you've obtained post-TTK. You need some materials, but if you ever find something that you don't like, but is higher level than your current gear, just inspect, hover over the 'Infuse' node and upgrade away!

Last edited:
Yeah, things can be a bit overwhelming now that there are so many activities to do.

Once you complete the story, I will say that you should just do whatever is fun for you. Do you like PvE? updated Prison of Elders and the Raid will net you max level gear. Prefer PvP? Trials of Osiris and Lord Shaxx weekly bounties will also provide high level gear that you need.

And, something definitely new to you: the infusion system will allow you to upgrade any gear you've obtained post-TTK. You need some materials, but if you ever find something that you don't like, but is higher level than your current gear, just inspect, hover over the 'Infuse' node and upgrade away!

My man!! Thanks bro yeah im on it this summer. I was so hyped when the beta dropped. I copped on release and put 100 hours in. I stopped loving it and then HoW dropped i fell back in love and then something clicked where I never played again right after i purchased TTK. I was on last night and felt nostalgic as fuq. Lol.

Trials Gear. Cat Pauldron confirmed. Mang....
guess you won't be getting any of it....
laugh.gif

My NikeTalk clan tag is gone on Destiny, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh,

God dammit Bungie, you had one job

Last edited:
Shout out to raptornation raptornation for that Ghost Stories podcast

Another convert! It's really good stuff. There's 7 parts of the Books of Sorrow Pods (!!!). There is just so much story in this game... Whenever dudes say Bungie messed up (blah blah blah), I think to myself 'if only you knew' :smh:

Glad you're enjoying it!

Yeah the main hook for me with Destiny is the Lore but I hate going to another site to read it off cards for the most part. The game failed me in that regard. I need my world building in the actual world. The Taken King has made up for Vanilla Destiny tho.

So I played all weekend and man I forgot how much I loved this game.
If you played Mayhem Crucible this past weekend, there was MAD PEOPLE USING THE Y1 GJALLY.............that Bungie stream hype was no joke.  Gjallys were firing everywhere, wolf pack rounds and all.

By the way guys......

.........THEY'VE NERFED TRIP MINES, FELLAS.

**** sakes, Bungie

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom