Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Come onnnn. 
mean.gif
Announce new DLC coming in September.............BUT NERFS EVERYTHING ACROSS THE ******* BOARD BEFORE NEW DLC COMES.

#ACTIVISIONLOGIC

Some more things snuck into the update today....more hunter nerfs @Zero23   
roll.gif
mean.gif

Skip grenades search reduced to 8 seconds from 12 and reduced detonation damage by 13%.

There are new chromas as well (orange, magenta, green 
nthat.gif
)

You can do the mission exotics directly from the planet select screen

When it tells you how many friends are at a location, it actually lists who is there now. 

Heoric strikes have modifiers now as well! 
eek.gif
nthat.gif

They nerfed Counterbalance............WTF?  Why?  Because of the ******* Doctrine?  They do realize Counterbalance doesn't only benefit Doctrine/auto rifles, right?  Pulse Rifles will be ****** by the stability nerf to Counterbalance as well.

So Trickle is this week's modifier for Challenge of Elders, and you nerfed my Bladedancer in PvP?

**** You Bungie

So Trickle is this week's modifier for Challenge of Elders, and you nerfed my Bladedancer in PvP?

**** You Bungie

Ahhh lovely trickle. We always love getting that along with super and/or grenade kills for the quest. Not to mention that one boss that drains your energy :stoneface:

Definitely down for some grasp of Malok farming though :smokin

Last edited:

**** You Bungie

Ahhh lovely trickle. We always love getting that along with super and/or grenade kills for the quest. Not to mention that one boss that drains your energy :stoneface:

Definitely down for some grasp of Malok farming though :smokin

I hope I have the same luck with this gun as I did with the taken shotty during the NFs :lol:

I feel kind of stupid for asking, but is the Grasp really worth the grind? I'm not super knowledgeable about the gun stats, best weapons for specific situations,ect. I usually stick to my Hung Jury with firefly and rarely venture away from it. 
laugh.gif

And is it only attainable in Heroic strikes? Or can you farm the standard strike on the Cosmodrome?

I feel like the Grasp and those damn Titan gauntlets from the Brothers are the only unique drops I haven't gotten yet.

Like Biggie, I got 2 out of 3 characters the shotty from the Nightfall a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
I feel kind of stupid for asking, but is the Grasp really worth the grind? I'm not super knowledgeable about the gun stats, best weapons for specific situations,ect. I usually stick to my Hung Jury with firefly and rarely venture away from it. :lol:

And is it only attainable in Heroic strikes? Or can you farm the standard strike on the Cosmodrome?

I feel like the Grasp and those damn Titan gauntlets from the Brothers are the only unique drops I haven't gotten yet.

Like Biggie, I got 2 out of 3 characters the shotty from the Nightfall a couple weeks ago.

GoM has the potential to be the best PvP Pulse Rifle in the game... It boasts the fastest Rate of Fire (slightly beating out the Hawksaw/PDX45) and therefore a time-to-kill that is one of the quickest.

The catch: you must (MUST) get a roll with Braced Frame to even consider using the weapon competitively. Otherwise, you have no chance of landing enough shots to make the weapon worthwhile.

The Nightfall boost for strike-specific drops is huge when farming for these items. I've seen some reddit posts with people saying they've received 11 drops (and 5 Omingul Bonds) within 2 hours. That would be AMAZING Rng (which I hear some folks here have biggie62 biggie62 , wrightone86 wrightone86 ).

In comparison, the Heroic strike has a similar drop rate to that of the normal strike found in the director (~5% chance). This is based on anecdotal evidence from myself and some other redditors.

Overall, I highly recommend people taking a bit of time for a chance at a really, really good weapon. Not to mention, the collector in all of us should be happy about Bungie's choice for NF this week :nthat:

Last edited:
Man I've been farming for that Grasp of Malok and it still hasn't dropped for me at all.

@DocWatson joined me and he got the **** in like his 3rd 4th attempt :stoneface:

Will continue to try for it, but right now I'm trying to get all the exotics in the game.

Think I only have the Lalaoc for the Warlock and 2 other exotic swords and I should have them all oh yeah the Boolean I need to get too.

I have to say the weekly arc burn with brawler and bladedancer is FUN. Get in the middle of a mob and hit showstopper. Insta-Melt.

Man I've been farming for that Grasp of Malok and it still hasn't dropped for me at all.

@DocWatson joined me and he got the **** in like his 3rd 4th attempt :stoneface:

Will continue to try for it, but right now I'm trying to get all the exotics in the game.

Think I only have the Lalaoc for the Warlock and 2 other exotic swords and I should have them all oh yeah the Boolean I need to get too.

Keep going, dude. The drop rates are SIGNIFICANTLY better in NFs, and who knows when it's going to be this strike again (and with these modifiers!).

The Nightfall this week is better than the CRAP Challenge of Elders they gave us this week (trickle with melee points......********)

My GoM is
Red dot-ORES or QuickDraw IS scopes
Outlaw
Fitted stock
Glass half full

It is ehhhh. Will try it out since it is my only right now but we farming more tonight. Haven't shot anyone with it yet.

Biggie got

Counterbalance
Fitted stock / hand laid stock
Perk that increases handling behind cover (guerilla fighter or something)

My GoM is
Outlaw
Fitted stock
Glass half full

It is ehhhh. Will try it out since it is my only right now but we farming more tonight. Haven't shot anyone with it yet.

Biggie got

Counterbalance

If it only had reactive reload or some other damage boosting stat. Actually I would love the one that restarts health generation upon a kill.

If it only had reactive reload or some other damage boosting stat. Actually I would love the one that restarts health generation upon a kill.
Life support

Yea psn messenger still jacked up. I'm down though. You know I'm watching the OJ series in the meantime lol :smokin

My GoM is
Outlaw
Fitted stock
Glass half full

Biggie got

Counterbalance

Glass Half Full is actually a really good perk for this particular weapon, for the simple fact that you'll burn through that mag so fast, you'll be into the bonus damage weapons before you know it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom